It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firestorm Sparkplug?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
If it really gives such a "blast" in the combustion chamber, it would work!
Actually, only a few percent of the burnt fuel motors the vehicle. The rest burns too late to make a pressure on the piston!

Some may know the effect of the flames from an engine run without exhaust manifolds or with very short tailpipes. It proves, that much of the fuel is burnt when the exhaust valve is open (and piston already in lowest position) - completely uneffectively!

This invention could help to burn more fuel in the right time. So, the total amount of fuel that would need to be delivered would decrease.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
While I am only a mechanic and not an engineer, I do know that a claimed 80% of the fuel injected into a given cyclinder is waisted or not burned. It would seem when you introduce a method that creates more heat or burns more of the fuel you are going to get the results Mr. Krupta is claiming.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I have researched these plugs extensively, and if any of you guys would have read a little more instead of jumping to conclusions, you would know that it is not the spark plug itself that gives the performance gains, but a special tuning and air fuel ratio that can only be achieved using these plugs. The plugs used in an engine with standard tuning will achieve little performance gains. These plugs eliminates misfires and enables a smoother operation and lower idles and higher red lines. just do a little research and find out for yourself.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkpr0

funny , how would you know. Try putting water vapor in a cylinder with those plugs and eliminate the fuel, it'll work. Meyers knew this, it works
The plasma is why, white light maybe?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Like others have said, it's not the plug that would increase performance. It's like buying a Bose headset with a gold plated audio jack. Sure, it might be able to get the job done, but what really matters is what the sound quality (in the engine's case - air/fuel mixture) being produced the device. It would help a little bit, but not enough to make a major difference. I could probably tweak an engine with a five year old spark plug to run cleaner and better than the same engine with this new Firestorm spark plug.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkpr0

It is people like you that can't work out positive change or actually want positive change.
Why would Bob Krupas open testing visible to us all on You tube be fake??
C'mon, I guess you would also say Stan Meyers Dune buggy didn't run on water as well and HHo units are fake too.
There are unfortunately too many hypocritical people in this world, they want to talk about global warming and saving the planet, but when someone produces a product that can help us all and reduce our reliance to the Arab World and their Oil, they are the first ones to talk down the products as scam etc.
I say get a life and at least try and help fellow man here

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Is it me or are we just a little bit narrow minded or are we so brainwashed by our parents and government that we dont accept anything until thousands of people say that its true.I can understand we need a wake up call in a big way,but saying everything is a scam is a lousy way to live your life.I have read alot about hho conversions lately and they are all pretty much there to take your money for their opinion and that should be a crime just like laywers and judges.It is 2009 and I would hope that everyday people realise the powers that be dont give a crap about us as individuals so I declare war on GREED and anybody associated with greed!!!!!!!Lets all band together with as much free info we can get our hands on and take back the earth that we were given for free to live in.DOWN WITH GREEDY PEOPLE

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

Wow, is this guy in fantasy land. Ever heard of a patent? I'm curious to see if it works better than a conventional plug myself. Any grease monkey can tell you a weak spark will make your engine run like crap or not at all. But, you can't just copy the technology. Most guys with the know-how don't have the means to manufacture a usable spark plug. The companies that do, won't because the don't want sued.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I think it's about high time car owners were taught how to re-gap and clean their plugs. It's not difficult.

If you have misfires, buying new plugs (or differently designed plugs) isn't what's necessary. What IS necessary is that you check the fuel/air ratio, compression, and check your existing plugs for closed/widened (rare) gaps and dirty gaps.

Remember your auto-shop training from high school. Compression, Spark, Exhaust. It's not hard to check.

I really do hope you actually received auto-shop training back in high school, it should be mandatory for one semester... at least it was here.

And no, I don't care what this firestorm plug is capable of, removing your catalytic converter would be a mistake.

... I look forward to the day electric vehicles are standardized. Won't have to deal with these ridiculously compact and over-complicated new model gas engines. Battery bank, regulator, motor... it'll be so much simpler.

Though, I still miss the days of the simpler engines... or at least, being able to service the engine without removing it.
*%$%#*%#*% compact engine compartments!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

Urmm, Hi,

The testing undertaken by "rosco" went quite a way further than what you'll find published on that or any other forum.

It appears he was forced to stop posting results and info due to threats of litigation.

He never had designs on trying to profit from the findings, merely his motive was an attempt to validate the principal. The info he provided was free to anyone who wanted it and was there for everyone to use and follow if they so wanted.

It seems he was being watched far more closely than anyone figured, and perhaps not so suprisingly, some of the big names in the automotive field were involved in scrutinising his findings. This was confirmed by leaked emails from one R&D lab in particular.

Interestingly, of the people who opted to listen to his advices and make the modifications he suggested, it was routinely found that their fuel usage dropped from 18ltrs per 100klm, down to 12ltrs per 100klm using a certain standard engine configuration.

Basically it was found that the principal was indeed genuine, and also that it was less complicated than what everyone seemed to think.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
A spark plug and the catalytic converter has different jobs. Spark plugs deliver timed sparks to the compressed air and fuel mixture in the engine to perform combustion.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join