It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firestorm Sparkplug?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
df1

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Are the benefits claimed by the firestorm sparkplug possible or is it just another scam? I can understand what the inventor doing, but it is unclear to me whether it is possible to deliver the claimed benefits. Perhaps some ATS members with an engineering can shed some light.

For years now, I have wondered where and when the next Edison with a bright idea will appear and invent a "lean, green, driving machine". I have finally found such a man. He lives in Farmington Hills, Michigan, and his name is Robert Krupa.
We have all heard the saying, "If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is". The amazing new spark plug designed by Mr Krupa, which he named "FireStorm", is the exception to this rule.
I know that when it comes to buying spark plugs, they are all basically the same except for the price. So, why make a big deal about another new spark plug?

FireStorm's Capabilities
First, let's look at what Krupa's FireStorm spark plugs give an internal combustion engine:
• More horsepower;
• 44–50% increase in mpg;
• Dramatic decrease in emissions.
Second, let's see what FireStorm plugs eliminate:
• Smog pump;
• Catalytic converter;
• Radio frequency interference (RFI) and the use of resistors in the centre electrode;
• Gap growth;
• Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) systems;
• Misfire/hesitation/detonation/stutter and stumble.

Nexus Magazine Article

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Um... no. Just no. There is no way that a spark plug can eliminate a catalytic converter. A catalytic converter's job is to turn CO (carbon Monoxide-Poison) in into CO2 (Carbon Dioxide, Greenhouse Gas). CO results from not enough oxygen to create CO2 causing an incomplete combustion and creating a CO molecule. The trick, therefore, is to allow 2 times more oxygen than carbon within the piston chamber. However this also creates a loss in horsepower (more oxygen to help burn=less gasoline to actually burn) so therefore a catalytic converter helps your horsepower more than hurts it.

More horsepower and increase in mpg are also, therefore, lies.

The misfire and hesitation probly ain't true. It is true that a better timed spark plug can eliminate those things. But it is not the spark plug that does the timing. It is the electrical charges fed to the spark plugs that do.

I'd say its a bad. buy

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Independent dynomometer tests have shown Splitfire's not to be an improvement.

Here's some information from consumers:
www.miata.net...

Federal Trade Commision ruling:
www.ftc.gov...

An interesting tech write-up on spark plugs.
Splitfires are discussed, but not much is said about them.
Reason being, the magazine involved is interested in advertising monies rather than dispensing information showing advertisers in a bad light.
www.carcraft.com...

You can't get the tremendous improvement figures claimed for mileage by a device that simply ignites the fuel/air mixture.
It's very possible the comparisons were done on engines with well worn spark plugs which isn't much of a comparison in my book.
Seems that other adjustments were made as well.

It would be interesting to see what an independent dynomometer operator would have to say after running comparison tests with the plasma spark plug and a good quality plug from any of the major manufacturers.

(Edited for spelling.)

[edit on 16-9-2005 by Desert Dawg]

[edit on 16-9-2005 by Desert Dawg]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
It,s right up there with Bosch platinum plugs. Better make sure via your specific car forums that they will actually work well. As to the claims its all BS. Most plugs are now resistor type anyway. Some cars will not even run correctly with the exotic plugs on the market. There are no magic solutions for excellent vehicle performance other than using the correct grade of gas, stick to the speed limit for mileage, and adhearing to the scheduled maintainence plan.

In all fairness the Bosch platinum plugs do resist carbon building up on the electrode.

Amphibious truck mechanic, welder, painter 23 vehicle fleet

[edit on 16-9-2005 by slackwarez]

[edit on 16-9-2005 by slackwarez]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
splitfires are only good on 2 stoke engines if your fouling plugs. I have an old boat that fouled plugs all the time. I put in splitfires and it never happened again.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The following email should clarify things, namely that the "splitfire," and the "firestorm," are different plugs:.

To: Skip Shipman
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2005 10:32 AM
Subject: Re: Splitfire
Skip,

Mr. Krupa was involved in the manufacture and marketing of the SplitFire.

It is not even close to the FireStorm in design and performance.

Cheers,

Robert Stanley

Skip Shipman wrote:

Regarding the Splitfire
Is this Kupra designed, or did someone steal the name?

Please reply,

Thanks,

Skip

[edit on 16-9-2005 by SkipShipman]

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I just felt like this needed to be brought back into the limelite...

As for the previous confusion, the splitfire and firestorm spark plugs are of very different design, but concieved by the same person Mr. Krupa. Or at least he helped in the conception of the splitfire.

Here is some more information posted on another thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by warpboost

and the work of Robert Krupa and his firestorm sparkplug invention/technology

www.nexusmagazine.com...

www.robertstanley.biz...

[edit on 17-11-2005 by warpboost]

Well anyhow, I think that this technology does have some great potential. That and it be freakin wicked to know that theres plasma balls running your engine!
Im not completely sold on the figures that are claimed, but boy oh boy wouldnt it be great if it were true. This could potentially save milliions of moneys all around the world. I'll see if i can find more up to date information on Mr. Krupa and his invention. I just hope that the oil companies havent gotten to him

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by IXRAZORXI321
splitfires are only good on 2 stoke engines if your fouling plugs. I have an old boat that fouled plugs all the time. I put in splitfires and it never happened again.

Question: How did you keep the plug from contacting the piston? Marine plugs usually have no tang inside the combustion chamber.

posted on 16-9-2005 at 03:36 PM
Um... no. Just no. There is no way that a spark plug can eliminate a catalytic converter. A catalytic converter's job is to turn CO (carbon Monoxide-Poison) in into CO2 (Carbon Dioxide, Greenhouse Gas). CO results from not enough oxygen to create CO2 causing an incomplete combustion and creating a CO molecule. The trick, therefore, is to allow 2 times more oxygen than carbon within the piston chamber. However this also creates a loss in horsepower (more oxygen to help burn=less gasoline to actually burn) so therefore a catalytic converter helps your horsepower more than hurts it.

More horsepower and increase in mpg are also, therefore, lies.

I somewhat agree with this statement but the caddy converter also burns the unburnt fuel from the cylinder where approx. 80% of the fuel that enters the cylinder is used to put out the 'fire'. Petro at 15:1 takes 25 miliseconds to burn problem is at 2000 rpm(barely above idle) the fuel can only burn for 5 miliseconds so they use extra fuel to smother it out(no oxygen, saturated mixture). We could use water which is cheaper to put out the flame and aid in cylinder pressures but the oil company would rather you use a caddy to burn it in. As far as HP using a baffle or a reducer to increase back pressure will work the same as a caddy.

As far as this sparkplug doing what it claims..... tell them to share what they are smokin cause it must be potent stuff.

enuff said.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SkipShipman

The key difference seems that a normal spark plug has pointed electrodes and hence VOLUME of air effected is very small.The Firestorm has a hemispherical electrode with a similar shape for the second electrode hence the volume of air effected is 30 times greater...

In other words it is more of a plasma between the electrodes rather then a spark.

You can see an animation on the website...

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This is an old one, but I note that it's only animation and not what really happens.

Once the first arc jumps to ground - and that ground being the one that requires the lowest voltage - it's not gonna jump anywhere else.

These Snake Oil spark plugs have been proven time and again to not show any gains in horsepower or mileage....

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg
This is an old one, but I note that it's only animation and not what really happens.

Once the first arc jumps to ground - and that ground being the one that requires the lowest voltage - it's not gonna jump anywhere else.

These Snake Oil spark plugs have been proven time and again to not show any gains in horsepower or mileage....

It would be very simple to prove or disprove.The guy is a CEO and trying to get it produced but no one wants to as these plugs don't wear out due to the non pointed electrodes.

Your assumption that once the first spark jumps is wrong.

If the voltage is below spark over a plasma forms between the electrodes. Try it in the dark you can see it glowing.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16/5/2008 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
If there is enough spark/plasma to encompass the entire top of the cylinder instantly, as apposed to spark across a .040" gap it seems that more fuel would burn quicker. Larger explosion= more hp, more complete complete combustion= less emissions. If some of the fuel is designed to put out the flame , it is then unnecessary to have the extra fuel. more mpg

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
normal sparking occurs over a very small VOLUME.

This spark plug spreads it over a larger volume.

since the claim is a 100 mpg then it would be EASY to test for the price of 4 spark plugs.

with fuel prices skyrocketing and will never come back down again it would have been thought people would be smart enough to test it.

yet instead of doing this people argue on the internet if it can be true or not.

arguing on th internet is like the special olympics even if you win you are still a

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by df1
Are the benefits claimed by the firestorm sparkplug possible or is it just another scam? I can understand what the inventor doing, but it is unclear to me whether it is possible to deliver the claimed benefits. Perhaps some ATS members with an engineering can shed some light.

When we published this article in NEXUS Magazine a few years ago, we were satisfied that the technology worked as claimed. As others have noted in comments elsewhere in this thread, this technology achieved just one of many diverse ways of getting complete combustion - thus eliminating/reducing harmful emissions; getting more 'bang' for the buck; and causing less build up of residues throughout the system. I could go on for hours about the many other ingenious methods people have come up with to achieve the same result - but the approach of basically making a bigger spark, I thought, was brilliant.

Like so many other brilliant devices and inventions, getting them to market when it is clear that there is commercial hostility to such things - is fraught with disaster.

The fact that it probably will never now reach the marketplace does not diminish the validity of the technology, rather, it is ironic proof of its potential.

I gave up following the ins and outs of the politics of the progression of the Firestorm Sparkplug through the usual channels that inventors and researchers follow - but I and several others who were 'close' to the action have given up hope of ever seeing them on sale in the near future.

peace

Duncan

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by nexusmagazine

dont need to convince anyone...

just USE it....

word of mouth is the best.

where can we get these spark plugs?

or can someone duplicate it....

it seems simple to duplicate it...

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Ok so car companies like GM, who are doing everything under the sun to distance themselves from products like the Hummer with their non-stop flex fuel, Volt, etc... commercials are presented with a wonderplug that solves billions of dollars of engine development challenges for them and they say no. That tells me everything I need to know about these plugs.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpbman
Ok so car companies like GM, who are doing everything under the sun to distance themselves from products like the Hummer with their non-stop flex fuel, Volt, etc... commercials are presented with a wonderplug that solves billions of dollars of engine development challenges for them and they say no. That tells me everything I need to know about these plugs.

You should be examining more of the reasons WHY they DON'T WANT this sort of technology around. The plugs work as described, and car companies damn well know it.

The technology is sound, and this is NOT an isolated example of car companies distancing themselves from fuel-saving technology.

If you think car companies are not influenced or controlled by oil companies - then you are living in lulu-land.

If you think oil companies have ANY REAL interest in reducing oil consumption, then you had better press that button next to your bed, and when the night nurse comes along - you tell her to up your medication.

The world is NOT running out of oil - it is a massive con. However, the oil companies ARE turning off the taps to gouge more money per barrel. Now that the price of oil has gone up, you will soon see them develop more expensive locations, such as under the Falklands (where it was too expensive before, to get at the oil).

peace

Duncan

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
look

i don't care what some third party's agenda or motivations are.

we are not interested in what some company is doing or not doing or what their corporate agenda is...

ok?

now where can we get the plugs to install them?

this guy modified an existing plug so why can't we duplicate the modification and install these plugs to test them...

we can set up a website to coordinate such testing easily...

or even post them here on ATS.

the plugs are not rocket science...the modifications already published...all we need is SOME MOTOR MECHANIC who can get past their programming...i mean rise above it...replicate/install the plug....and report.

i mean you have thousands across the planet who modify cars...create monster trucks...soup up their engines...so it should not be that difficult to modify/test a sparkplug and spread the word...bypassing official interference...

in fact it might be possible to set up a pirate spark plug operation and make MONEY TOO.

you can easily buy pirate aircraft parts or pirate copies of cell phones on the black market so this should be a doddle to set and mass produce as it is a simple device.

so instead of arguing endlessly like retards on the internet anyone willing to get of their backside and modify/install and report on this spark plug?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Well I see everyone has ran for the hills being too lazy to do as I asked them to do anything with their hands.All talk and no work and plenty of burghers.

www.libertypost.org...

[edit on 28-5-2008 by esecallum]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I was in search for something like this to improve efficiency in my car engine, and if this improved spark plug was available at a reasonable cost, I would most certainly try it out! So if anyone is out there willing to to do this and has the tools, please try it at least! We are all at a turning point where this kind of thing is cost-neccisary and needed!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join