It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is Canada fairing in all of this?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Everyday I read how the US is slllliiiiiiding down hill. But how is Canada doing? I know they're trying to implement a national ID and have a similar version of the PATRIOT act, but have any recent advances been made?

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
A similar version of the Patriot Act? This is news to me and I live here!

I'm not sure what you mean about 'advances' but ...

We're doing well although we're fighting with the US on some NAFTA issues that have been going on for years. We won yet another court proceeding re: the lumber issue. The US is claiming that our exporting lumber to the US is hurting their lumber industry .. maybe they should have thought of that before they tried to implement NAFTA. And isn't NAFTA hurting us too? It's funny how NAFTA should only be considered free trade when it benefits the US.

In other news, our dollar keeps soaring while theirs keeps suffering. I believe our dollar is at almost $.73 US now - last year it was anywhere from $.63 to $.66 US.

We've also lost a lot of money in our beef industry due to a cow that was discovered with mad cow disease. It was the only one and there has been no other cases since. The ironic thing is the cow came from an American farm

And of course everyone knows of the SARS scare in the east. I think things are getting better there now, but it will take a long time before the tourism industry is back to normal.

Hopefully this answers some of your questions, but if there are any other I can answer, feel free to ask.

[Edited on 7-9-2003 by MessedUpAnnie]

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   
My understanding, though limited, of this is that if the US ever declared Marshall Law....that Canada and Mexico, both, would follow suit and be virtually blanketed by such.

regards
seekerof

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   
well not much is happening with those id cards since our PM is retiring in february, i live in toronto and are selling shirts with the survivor tv show logo, surrounded by the words
black out
SARS
west nile

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Man, I gotta move to Canada. You guys are awesome. (But John Titor tells me not to
)

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
Man, I gotta move to Canada. You guys are awesome. (But John Titor tells me not to
)

He does? I've read up on him and I didnt see him mention Canada ???

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   
He does. When i finish this "catalog of relevation"... Statments concerning Canada, so far:

1. 18. Yes, I think the New World Order idea tried to establish itself. I would consider them the combination of the old U.S. federal system, Europe, Canada and Australia.

2. Fiji? I�ve noticed that when most Americans think about Canada in this time, they think about pine trees, chooks and back-bacon. It may interest you to know that most Canadians in 2036 are some of the most efficient, ruthless and dangerous people I know. God help Quebec.

3 ((You mention the nature of Canadians but I don't think you mentioned the impact of all of this on that country. Would you?))

There�s not a great deal I know about Canada except to say they were pretty much in the same type of conflict. They did have the Dew Line you know.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 04:33 AM
link   
seekerof,

yes you are correct, North America is basically controlled by the US now.

We have been dismantling our military in Canada now for decades because we will not need it if the US takes over continental security.

That is the secret that few know about too,

we didn't go into Iraq with the US not just because the French Canadians didn't like the idea and they run our capital city of Ottawa now, but because we technically could not do it. We don't have the resources, so our much hated (these days), Prime Minister in order to save face decided to make it a political issue rather than admit the obvious. Who knows maybe George knew the truth anyways?

But things are changing in Canada.

The influence of the French in this country is waning especially as the west gets stronger.

That means Canada is and will shift more right in future.

Most of my lifetime, over 40 years now, our version of your democrats have run this country.

But it is becoming clear that this sucks!

When we have republican style governments in Canada running the country we tend to have good relations with Washington regards if Dems are in the white house. When we have liberals running Ottawa, they rarely get along with any government in Washington. They are simply too left wing even for Democrats.

So the NWO influence in Canada is likely to increase which is fine for me because it is better than the OWO!

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
)

Hell yeah, I live in the U.S., and I love this damn country, but Canada seems so peacefull. Canada just minds its own business and doesn't get in anyone else's problems. Has Canada even fought in any wars? I like Isolationism a lot. What are some negative things about Canada, because I haven't heard any yet.

Canada Kicks Ass!

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   

That means Canada is and will shift more right in future

don't know where you live, or where you read your news, but the liberals which are a centre-left party are moving the country in a left direction

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   
A big thing people over look is infrastruture and culture. Sure, the NWO can take over everything and all, but are they likely to invest the infrastruture and buck the culture to conform their vision *totally*? I doubt it. It's not worth the payoff risk.

So what I'm saying is that, sure, the NWO, et al. can and probably have take over Canada, but does Canada have the survailence infrastructure that the US has? No. Do they have a culture of privacy invasion? No. Yes that can change materially (nano Euros, GPS cars) but if the consitutents don't like it then it's harder to maintain. It might even be repelled. So some places are safter than others. Hell, if I'm a bear trapper, up North, I would probably be one of the freest human beings on Earth.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

we didn't go into Iraq with the US not just because the French Canadians didn't like the idea and they run our capital city of Ottawa now, but because we technically could not do it. We don't have the resources, so our much hated (these days), Prime Minister in order to save face decided to make it a political issue rather than admit the obvious. Who knows maybe George knew the truth anyways?

I tend to believe that it was more like our prime minister read all the reports we didn't get to see and he knew what we all know now.

As far as North America being run by the US .. hahahahaha. Not in the west, we're fighting them tooth and nail. We never used to get the back up from Ottawa though and now we're finally starting to. There's plenty of talk of BC and Alberta leaving Canada if Ottawa doesn't smarten up so ya, the West is strong, which will it make it more difficult in the long run for the French to call the shots

[Edited on 13-9-2003 by MessedUpAnnie]

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
f16falcon,

lets see now you say Canada is moving more left?

well the new leader of the liberals (virtually crowned with little to no opposition), will also be our next prime minister when Chretien finally leaves. He is a fiscal conservative and was frankly the most conservative member of the cabinet.

he is a supporter of globalism and the UN but more likely the OWO, which no one around here seems to know anything about by the way, than the NWO true.

on the other hand we have the two right wing parties actually talking together and they will likely run together in the next federal election to determine which party wins out in the restructuring.

those are both significant moves right in my opinion but there is more to come.

MessedUpAnnie,

writing from Toronto where the liberals are not exactly as loved as they used to be.

don't know where you are, but BC, just moved from quite left to centre left,

Alberta is right wing as always,

Saskatchewan is about to have an election and the NDP (left), will be lucky to do as well as before,

and in Manitoba it is a toss up between liberals and conservatives these days.

Like I said before Ontario tends to be leaning more right and I doubt the provincial tories will lose the next election coming up.

I also expect the federal liberals to do worse in the next federal election in Ontario, as you know that is where they won the last election.

everything east of Ottawa is also up and down and I can see the NDP doing better before I see the liberals gaining.

Anyways this is all boring stuff to non-canadians.

I supported Bush on Iraq and I think our PM was a coward to not at least offer verbal support.

regarding the US running NA it is true!

look around you,

they also have control of the borders and costlines of NA now as Ottawa just handed over jurisdiction to them.

where were you when that happened?

regards Western sentiments I agreed that you people should fight for more from Ottawa,

don't let them shaft you like them have Ontario.

but I always thought that the west was more pro-US than the rest of the country in general,

seemed that way to me in my travels?

except of course in BC which tends to think like California and believes it is in its own little world.

lastly can't agree more with you about Quebec, I am so tired of those people running this country,

I hear now you can't get a job in Ottawa without being bilingual english/french.

now how many people in Canada actually speak French anyways?

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I would say that Canada is having some specific problems...

"Canadian military faces 'irreversible" damage from neglect, says Jane's"
Link:
cnews.canoe.ca...

Excerpt:
"Government neglect, spending cuts and over-deployment are causing "irreversible" damage to the Canadian Forces, says Jane's Defence Weekly, a highly respected international military publication.

In its latest issue, Jane's says the Canadian army, navy and air force are in crisis. "Canada's forces are placing future capabilities at risk to meet current commitments," the article states.

Defence Minister John McCallum responded that the Forces have received more money in recent years and "we are making progress."

Jane's recounts budget cuts which reduced defence spending by almost one-quarter between 1994 and 1998 and says recent budget increases are "not enough to cover existing operations or fund the military's modernization program."

No biggie though.....I/They expect to leech off of the US taxpayer funded defense when the need arises. Like everyone else.

In my time in D.C., I was once informed of an interesting statistic: In terms of actual manpower, the active-duty Canadian Army is roughly half the size of the NYPD.
I remember being so shocked and incredulous upon learning this that I looked up the stats only to find he wasn't joking.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 14-9-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Seekerof - you know that has some real bad implications. I was under the illusion that the US couldn't really just step in bluntly with its miltary, but if Canada is that weak its going to happen.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 02:29 AM
link   
seekerof.

you are right on the money!

I read of a NWO strategy years ago,

light armoured forces from Fort Drum in Upper State New York, cross at Kingston Ontario and at Brockville and move on the Canadian Capital Ottawa.

American forces with reasonable air support could take the Canadian Capital probably within days with little to now blood shed.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   

seekerof.

you are right on the money!

I read of a NWO strategy years ago,

light armoured forces from Fort Drum in Upper State New York, cross at Kingston Ontario and at Brockville and move on the Canadian Capital Ottawa.

American forces with reasonable air support could take the Canadian Capital probably within days with little to now blood shed.

ahaha the usa knows everything about our military they'd catch all our cf-18's on the ground,
seakings- useless pieces of garbage
griffons- civilian helo's
we have no way of moving armoured vehicles to the front line of any combat scenario with the US, the time taken to capture Ottawa would be a few hours, b/c of our militaries poor communication, we'd be in disarray

if they were smart they'd amphibious assault the toronto beaches and take out canada's most important city first

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   

now how many people in Canada actually speak French anyways?

French is still the language most widely used in the province of Quebec. You should know that, you seem to be up-to-date with Canadian politics.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 02:10 AM
link   
mOrbid,

sorry you are correct!

but outside of Quebec I am not aware of total numbers of french speakers. I doubt more than 500,000 and many of those would be bilingual or probably speak english first.

I think the french shot themselves in the foot in Canada. They were so desparate to save themselves they decided the smart move would be to take over the political process in Canada and that would save them. The reality has been that they are now strongly disliked by most people outside their borders and their province is still in threat of decay.

the only way to ensure survival of any culture is via economics but Quebecers have been slow to pick up on that.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   

seekerof,

yes you are correct, North America is basically controlled by the US now.

We have been dismantling our military in Canada now for decades because we will not need it if the US takes over continental security.

That is the secret that few know about too,

But things are changing in Canada.

The influence of the French in this country is waning especially as the west gets stronger.

That means Canada is and will shift more right in future.

Most of my lifetime, over 40 years now, our version of your democrats have run this country.

But it is becoming clear that this sucks!

When we have republican style governments in Canada running the country we tend to have good relations with Washington regards if Dems are in the white house. When we have liberals running Ottawa, they rarely get along with any government in Washington. They are simply too left wing even for Democrats.

So the NWO influence in Canada is likely to increase which is fine for me because it is better than the OWO!

- Let me tell you, it is white english canadians who control the country.

Otherwise we would have seperate ourselves of this racist # that otawa is.

- We didn't want to go in war in Irak because at every single wars Canada had participated, French Canadians are always sent in first line because we are "suposed" to be good warrior ? I'm not your fagget, neither i'm not at your orders.

WW2 normandy; we did all the work.
English Canada support for Bush war : 40 %
French Canada support for bush war : 36 %
So please spare me your racist comments, it's a cowardly tactics to put the fault on 15% of the Canada population.

- The influence of the French in this country is waning especially as the west gets stronger.

No it's the US hate of France that is blinding you, we are not influent, we are a part of Canada because of you, so assume it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join