It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is Canada fairing in all of this?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
2. Fiji? I�ve noticed that when most Americans think about Canada in this time, they think about pine trees, chooks and back-bacon. It may interest you to know that most Canadians in 2036 are some of the most efficient, ruthless and dangerous people I know. God help Quebec.

Explain me : God help Qu�bec ?

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessedUpAnnie

Originally posted by THENEO

we didn't go into Iraq with the US not just because the French Canadians didn't like the idea and they run our capital city of Ottawa now, but because we technically could not do it. We don't have the resources, so our much hated (these days), Prime Minister in order to save face decided to make it a political issue rather than admit the obvious. Who knows maybe George knew the truth anyways?

I tend to believe that it was more like our prime minister read all the reports we didn't get to see and he knew what we all know now.

As far as North America being run by the US .. hahahahaha. Not in the west, we're fighting them tooth and nail. We never used to get the back up from Ottawa though and now we're finally starting to. There's plenty of talk of BC and Alberta leaving Canada if Ottawa doesn't smarten up so ya, the West is strong, which will it make it more difficult in the long run for the French to call the shots

[Edited on 13-9-2003 by MessedUpAnnie]

West is strong ? Yes, but the strongests Province in Canada is Ontario/Qu�bec/BC ( Not really in that order) . BC and Alberta are not the only province who want to seperate from Ottawa, Qu�bec and "Terre Neuve" ? want to do so. As I am french Canadian I can tell you that the day you will see a province seperating from Canada it will be mine.

Last referendum : 49 % Yes
51 % No

That wont be difficult.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   

but outside of Quebec I am not aware of total numbers of french speakers. I doubt more than 500,000 and many of those would be bilingual or probably speak english first.

I think the french shot themselves in the foot in Canada. They were so desparate to save themselves they decided the smart move would be to take over the political process in Canada and that would save them. The reality has been that they are now strongly disliked by most people outside their borders and their province is still in threat of decay.

the only way to ensure survival of any culture is via economics but Quebecers have been slow to pick up on that.

Sorry to blow all the stories that your parents told you to help you to sleep, but, Qu�bec is far to be in situation of decay, that's the most stupid things I've never heard ( don't take it personnaly thought ) Qu�bec is number 1 in most technologies, our only problem is that Otawa is keeping us from exploit it, they fear that we could seperate then... Oddly it's one of the reason why we want to seperate. Disliked ?

We oppress and assimilate so much peoples !That we are the places in Canada where the natives have the better treatement ! What are you waiting for !! Bomb us ( I'm sarcastic )

[Edited on 16-9-2003 by Salem]

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Salem- Explain me : God help Qu�bec ?

I'm not sure myself, but if Quebec speaks french than they might be in a world of hurt of the english speakers around them don't like them. Perhaps their being shelled by Neo Canadian Communes?

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Salem- Explain me : God help Qu�bec ?

I'm not sure myself, but if Quebec speaks french than they might be in a world of hurt of the english speakers around them don't like them. Perhaps their being shelled by Neo Canadian Communes?

Yes you're right, when I went in english canada I had a lot of fighting with Neo English Canadians.

But don't worry ...
Trust my personnal experience
Even at 11 versus 1
Just kick the ass of the 3 or 4 first wich you can get the hand on, and they'll let you.
They far to be more dangerous than .... Trust me

Yes i talk french and my ancestors were lumberjacks or fur traders, that's why i'm accurate and dangerous.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   

the only way to ensure survival of any culture is via economics but Quebecers have been slow to pick up on that.

Ironic that some one who's from a culture who FAILED to assimilate us since 400 years is saying that. I don't know where you picked your informations about my province but it let me seriously doubt about the capacity of your education system, truly your informations seems to be old of 40 years. Step up in the reality.
We succesfully ensure the survival of our culture trought 400 years, so are you ? No. We are not only a culture in Canada, we are an economical power in Canada.

I would like you to tell me why do we are so disliked ? I would like to argue about it with you.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salem

West is strong ? Yes, but the strongests Province in Canada is Ontario/Qu�bec/BC ( Not really in that order) . BC and Alberta are not the only province who want to seperate from Ottawa, Qu�bec and "Terre Neuve" ? want to do so. As I am french Canadian I can tell you that the day you will see a province seperating from Canada it will be mine.

51 % No

That wont be difficult.

With all due respect Salem, your referendum didn't mean much even then. You guys refused to take your debt with you which is the only reason you didnt leave. A debt which I might add is the highest of all the provinces, with ON right behind you. BC and Alberta are the ones getting shafted from federal funds. And the ONLY airport in Canada not losing money is the one in BC!

I think if BC and Alberta left Canada, they would have no problem taking their debts with them .. heck Alberta is doing so well it wouldn't even be an issue. The only thing is that if these two provinces were to leave, they would most likely join the US ... and, well that could certainly make things interesting.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salem

51 % No

That wont be difficult.

With all due respect Salem, your referendum didn't mean much even then. You guys refused to take your debt with you which is the only reason you didnt leave. A debt which I might add is the highest of all the provinces, with ON right behind you. BC and Alberta are the ones getting shafted from federal funds. And the ONLY airport in Canada not losing money is the one in BC!

I think if BC and Alberta left Canada, they would have no problem taking their debts with them .. heck Alberta is doing so well it wouldn't even be an issue. The only thing is that if these two provinces were to leave, they would most likely join the US ... and, well that could certainly make things interesting.

Again wrong, but where are you guys taking that stuff ?

The debt was agreed to be separated, every one was knowing that.

The reason why we didn't separate is because US said that they would stop from trading with us, wich would be catastrophic. Nothing to do with the debt.

Qu�bec is one of the most strongest Province, if not, the most.
Yes we have the most important debt, but we have HUGE amount of ressources, that Ottawa don't want us to harvest, to solve it. We have also a lot of relations with country like France Belgique and other countries from francophonie. The most important founds of Qu�bec comes from unexhaustable ressources such as SAQ and Loto Qu�bec. Without Ottawa behind us, we could clear the debt in not a so long time.

If it wasn't from Ottawa we could sell our energy and our technologie to every single country in the world.

I'm far to be worrying for my province.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
resources? what resources? Quebec manufactures more than any other province, thats about all you got going for you. You are the most populated and you get the most money back from federal taxes, yet you have the highest debt! And you say it's because Ottawa isn't helping you? Give me a break!
This entire nation thinks Quebec is getting hand outs!

We don't dislike you because you wanted to leave, heck we were rooting right along with you for you to all leave! We dislike your province because it is spoiled and continues to whine like a baby!

As for the french not liking you, there's the usual joke that they don't like how you've bastardized the language

[Edited on 16-9-2003 by MessedUpAnnie]

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 09:59 PM
link   
This is facinasting to see another country's poltical problems and the like. Hell your problems don't sound to bad, debt and factionalism. Not bad at all.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 10:05 PM
link   

This is facinasting to see another country's poltical problems and the like. Hell your problems don't sound to bad, debt and factionalism. Not bad at all.

LOL! ya we're peaceful with other nations, but not in our own .. hahahahhaa .. j/k

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Text Black The fact that no one has replied to your query regarding canada and how "the retarded giant at America's footsteps" will fare in the New World Order should tell you something. Canada, as far as the United States is concerned, is inconsequential. Canadians are miners, lumberjacks, oil riggers and farmers -- slaves who havn't taken the "RED PILL" yet. They are slave laborers who, because of excellent (sic) entertainment on television, stronger beer and liberalized marijuana policies, don't know it or don't care or both. This reply didn't even need to be this long but, frankly, I started feeling rather sad for you as your query was going unanswered. And, perhaps, you really hadn't figured it out yet. Again, to restate, Canada doesn't mean anything to the U.S.....so let the Hockey begin.....business is being taken care down South, eh?

EDison

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Salem,

Quebec is a financial and cultural welfare case.
That is the only reason it has survived this long.
I'm not aware that US would not trade with you people but they wouldn't kiss your butts like the ROC (rest of Canada), have to.
Regards Europe, they are goin' down!

MessedUPAnnie,

what you never seen the factories in Ontario?

[Edited on 16-9-2003 by THENEO]

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I DO NOT BELIEVE YOU ARE FROM ONTARIO. AND IF SO HAVE SOME MORE RESPECT FOR YOUR COUNTRY!

Originally posted by EDison
Text Black The fact that no one has replied to your query regarding canada and how "the retarded giant at America's footsteps" will fare in the New World Order should tell you something. Canada, as far as the United States is concerned, is inconsequential. Canadians are miners, lumberjacks, oil riggers and farmers -- slaves who havn't taken the "RED PILL" yet. They are slave laborers who, because of excellent (sic) entertainment on television, stronger beer and liberalized marijuana policies, don't know it or don't care or both. This reply didn't even need to be this long but, frankly, I started feeling rather sad for you as your query was going unanswered. And, perhaps, you really hadn't figured it out yet. Again, to restate, Canada doesn't mean anything to the U.S.....so let the Hockey begin.....business is being taken care down South, eh?

EDison

1) Have you ever been to Canada? Proabably Not
2) Do you have any evidence to back up your ficticious stereotypical claims? No
3) You are just like the rest of the ignorant americans who believe whatever they want to without any facts.. all based on your inner intuition (which was probably scarred by many beatings from your parents)
4) Slave laborers LMAO - Take a look at your own people there buddy! And then re-define "Slave Laborers"
5) I would assume that 5% of our population are "miners, lumberjacks, farmers, ect" WHAT THE HELL IS THE PAY FOR A LUMBERJACK?.. PLEASE TELL ME????
6) Our media covers the truth not fiction based on propaghanda (CNN)
- Take a look at CBC if you are ever here
and Finally

Canadians are alot smarter then the moronic imbeciles like yourself.

[Edited on 16-9-2003 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 11:20 AM
link   

resources? what resources? Quebec manufactures more than any other province, thats about all you got going for you. You are the most populated and you get the most money back from federal taxes, yet you have the highest debt! And you say it's because Ottawa isn't helping you? Give me a break!
This entire nation thinks Quebec is getting hand outs!

We don't dislike you because you wanted to leave, heck we were rooting right along with you for you to all leave! We dislike your province because it is spoiled and continues to whine like a baby!

As for the french not liking you, there's the usual joke that they don't like how you've bastardized the language

[Edited on 16-9-2003 by MessedUpAnnie]

First, - We get more money because we pay a lot more taxes. It's our money any way, not of your concern. As I live here I should know, we are the most taxed people in north america.

Second - You dislike us because we have a culture, probably because we are not listening american movies, music or eat american foods. Let's face it, without us you're only an other american state, that's why they hate us, we talk french and you can't handle it. France does not hate us, they like us, I know what I'm talking about I went to France last years. Besides of north america every other single country in the world likes us.

Spoiled ?
What again ?

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Hey let's pipe down people. I made this thread and I don't want to be reading it from the Trash Can or Chit Chat.

It's clear that Canada has no miltary, but also clear, for that reason that America might not bother to take it over miltarilly.

It does look like Canada will be and has been pressured to align more closely to the US. Biometrics are around the corner, there HAS been a PATRIOT-like act passed, but it involves a hell of a lot more oversight. The national ID will rear its head again.

But key social infrastructure seems to be in place. Candanians seem to care about each other, social programs are good. Assuming the culture is not overthrown, it seems like Canada is still a beautiful and, at times, better place than USA. Of course, it might just be me

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Salem,

Quebec is a financial and cultural welfare case.
That is the only reason it has survived this long.
I'm not aware that US would not trade with you people but they wouldn't kiss your butts like the ROC (rest of Canada), have to.
Regards Europe, they are goin' down!

MessedUPAnnie,

[Edited on 16-9-2003 by THENEO]

Kiss my but ? You see... here there's less anti-americanism than in english canada... We didn't expected that US or Canada kiss our butt, but you seems to think that we should kiss yours.

As our cultural welfare; our culture is respected in europe and in Asia, our movies win prizes at festival du fim de cannes or any where else. Our music is unique, and our artists are good, just look at Cirque du Soleil.

Here's something posted by an americans on a board ;

I'm American, and I must say that I sadly have this untrue but existent hatred towards Canadians. I thought about it and I have absolutely no basis for this, so I asked my friend one day why we hate Canadians. He basically said that it was because Canada has no culture. No important literature has ever come from there, only Alanis Morrissette and Barenaked Ladies. Jim Carrey and Mike Meyers. Those are the only things anyone has ever gained from that country. I admit I didn't look into it or anything so there could be some wonderful writers from there and I just don't know it, but I thought about it and couldn't think of any. I think it's just that you guys have never done anything truly significant or impressive that has had any real, lasting effect on the world. 010327

And he's not the only one thinking like that.

You see neo, the fact that you're constantly critizising our culture without yourself having one only reflect your ignorance and your jealousy.

As for our economical welfare
stop dreaming, relax your pathetic constipated fascist racist a$$ and maybe you'll be able to see that we're far from be a wekfare.

You see I talk french and I will continu to do so.

I'm 6,2
189 lbs

Bite me !

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO]
MessedUPAnnie,

I've never actually been to ON, but ya I have them in pics. What do you guys make over there anyway? LOL

My job when I'm not being an ignorant pain in the a$$ on ATS is that I'm a buyer and because I buy from back east, I am aware of the mfg in Quebec. I don't believe any of our suppliers from ON are manufacturers so I'm not aware of what it is that's manufactured there. Sorry for my ignorance. *hangs head in shame*

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   
And no guys all the welfare bums are in BC. I'm sick of paying for them. Have you seen on our lovely squatters that hang out at a major tourism spot - Science World? Hahahhahaha

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   
One topic that those on the left, right & center find it is not politic to talk about: Is it drugs?; no, is it gay marriage?; no, Iraq?; no.
Canadian, American or what have you. It's the tremendous amount of DEBT, both in government & in a majority of households.
Both left & right like to use the "D" that both Debt & Deficit begin with to pretend that they are equivalent words.
Deficit = this years overspending
Debt = all the many years accumulated deficits
I can't count the times the educated: teachers, nurses, doctor's or various union people; along with the elected or electors have pretended; no Deficit means no Debt.
How many reading this have either played this game or seen it played? Are you ashamed? Should you be?
Lots of financial advisors in the media say the tremendous indebtedness of North America, let alone all the rest, leaves everyone open to the repo man!
Tho being too scary, it's mostly the most forbidden topic of all.
With Iraq, wrong or right, it's the tremendous debt America already has that wrongifies that action.
If, for instance, the Saudis or Japan put the finacial boots to America... NWO jackboots are gonna be easier to put on.
No one wants to pay their debts tho.
Oh well.
lol:

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join