It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Much of Los Angeles Loses Power

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
"this being a terrorist action wouldn't surprise me much"

After all that's happened in the last 2 weeks, if it was a terrorist attack, Bush's approval rating would drop to 0%, and there would be angry mobs around the White House.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Anything going on in Melbourne? Thats the other city mentioned in the AQ threat tape that came out recently. Looks like things are slowly coming back online in LA now.......

The station I was following, KCAL, said it was two receiving stations that went down, maybe vulnerable to and overloaded by the solar flare activity?

[edit on 12-9-2005 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by XPhiles
I heard someone probably cut a cable by accident...
KFWB Los Angeles, California announced it..

That's what they're saying on FOX now too, it was an accident by a Department of Water and Power worker who cut a power line.

Just think...one man took out LA....

[edit on 12-9-2005 by XPhiles]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I am south of LAX by about 15 minutes and we still have power, but my other offices in Downtown LA Wilshire and Olympic are without power. Word is that most power is out from Downtown northwest up to areas in San Fernando.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Wow...
LA lost power for a few hours...

Good... now the rest of the country has enough for the winter...

It is a good thing electricity doesn't cause brain damage, or Los Angelians would be ....
nevermind... that one was too easy...

yes, let us hope that power returns before nightfall, becuase we all know that the patients get restless without their fix. (sarcastic)

Probably the sun activity... maybe LA residents will be entertained by auroras tonight instead of riot out of boredom...

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Seems many are stuck in elevators, and not terrorism.

still it's strangely coincidental that blackout happens when there is warning that solar activity might affect power grids and there was a recent threat to LA. spooky

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
From what I am hearing a worker accidentally cut the lin in the San Fernando Valley.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Too much of a coincidence, that they just showed the tape yesterday and there's a little scare today. Now I heard a guy accidently cut a wire. omg, poor guy. Well power is coming back, hopefully everything will return by tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The weather is moderate, not really hot? Los Angeles and Burbank have both lost power and they use two seperate power stations? This comes only three days after Al Queada releases a videotape claiming that Los Angeles is a target for terrorism?

Personally, I think that this is the work of terrorists... but this is not the real attack. This is their "dry run," their testing the waters to see how easy it is to cause mahem in southern California. I'm sure they're pleasantly surprised -- or not surprised at all, considering that Los Angeles is run so badly that its government is legendary for its incompetence.

I don't buy the story of a worker accidentally cutting an active power line, causing a chain reaction. Active power lines are accidentally cut all the time, all over the industrialized world, and entire metro areas don't lose power for hours as a result.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThunderCloud

I don't buy the story of a worker accidentally cutting an active power line, causing a chain reaction. Active power lines are accidentally cut all the time, all over the industrialized world, and entire metro areas don't lose power for hours as a result.

yeah, it's a little fishy, but it could be true.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Though it was not mentioned in recent threats, Boston, MA has been high on the probable targets list for quite a while now. I understand it is important to report what's going on where the situation is happening, but why have I not heard of antiterror forces watching vulnerable cities like Boston? Just because LA was in the recent threat, doesn't mean that's where a bomb will go off. If the power goes out in LA, everyone will focus on LA, as is happening now. This gives the terrorists the clear to set off a bomb in an unlikely place like Boston or New York; anywhere really. I express concern over Boston because i am not more than five miles from the North End.

It all falls together, as has been said.

The terror threat yesterday,
High solar activity,
Almost immediate claims by the media that it is not terrorism,
Unlikely report that one stupid worker could cut LA with one line;

What does all this mean? It means something is going on here. Something is going on that is not something the media has been reporting. I may be new to ATS, but I warn all of you, all around the world, to be on the lookout!

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Ive heard (sorry, no link so dont take this as gospel) that Texas doesnt receive electricity from outside Texas.

Does anyone know if thats true or not?

The power is fine in Houston. Jump on the bus and head on over to Evac City (sic).

Anyway, the LA power outage looks like some guy opps'd a line. How would you like to be THAT guy?

[update edit]

THAT guy cut the line, then reconnected it to the wrong line. Jeeze guy, what do you do for an encore?

[edit on 9/12/2005 by Genfinity]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
My opinion or best guess would be that the high voltage units that convert power to low voltage needed maintenance and just blew all by its own little self. 1 for LA , 1 for Burbank, etc. Just another coincidence that these little maintenance problems turn into huge power outages. No accountability here, for all the deregulation that goes on in these power industries. Didn't S. CA have another power outage recently because of (horrors) a transformer blowing itself up?

----------------------
My bumper sticker from before the election still says
"8 yrs to ruin America" Vote for Monkey Bush

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Just on FOX they said the guy cut the wrong line then tried to hook it up again to the wrong line which caused a huge power surge and tripped off generators all throughout the system, causing 50% of customers to lose power....I wouldn't want to be that guy right now, doubt he'll be employed for long

[edit on 9/12/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Wow, one cut power line can wipe out most of LA's power supply? Thats surely a nice thing to advertise to would be prospective terrorists. Now which wire should Al Qaeda go after...?

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
It's the government controlled media's job to keep terrorism on the front burner at all times and keep the masses in a perpetual state of fear.

Really? can you present evidence of this? That i know of CNN and many channels take their pot shots at the president and the administration, blaming them for a lot of things. I have also even seen FOX news take a few pot shots at the president. If it is controlled by the government, I guess the government is not doing a good job controlling the media...

[edit on 12-9-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Really? can you present evidence of this? That i know of CNN and many channels take their pot shots at the president. I have even seen FOX news take a few pot shots at the president. If it is controlled by the government, I guess the government is not doing a good job controlling the media...

A quaint interpretation of "the government" there Muaddib. If you believe that George W. Bush is the head of the government and pull the strings then I could see your point. But, alas, not everyone shares that view any more.

[edit on 12/9/05 by subz]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
It's the government controlled media's job to keep terrorism on the front burner at all times and keep the masses in a perpetual state of fear.

How is that when no one is saying it has anything to do with any form of terrorism and that it was an accident? How is that keeping terrorism on the front burner?

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
And the thing that gets me, is that when discussing how strong the US is as a nation everyone acts like they aren't(No offense to any Americans, I know most of you are all well intentioned good, moral people that wish to do the right thing) a bunch a homicidle maniacs running the country. Seriously, the admin, those incharge of planning, fixing and controling have shown an absolutly astonishing amount of incompetence. A wide percentage of the population seems to be on the verge of rebellion and/or civil unrest. The rest of the coutnry - the middle class - is paying for both parties incredible lack of self respect and self control.

What if one small bomb goes off in one part of the country? Then, in another part? No serious damage done by the bombs, but your country would tear itself out from within with how you have been played. Neither side is solely to blame, both sides are and if you don't get a grip soon.......

Having no world super power would be better than having the so called super power being humbled by a power outage, stabbed in the back by it's leadership, and heckled by it's own populace.

No offense, just thinking out loud.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The old incomptent worker cut a powerline excuse again.

Me thinks they're blowing smoke up people's arses to say one line shut down almost the entire city.

Horse puckey!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join