It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: New Al Qaeda Video Threatens Los Angeles And Melbourne

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 03:03 AM
link   
There is a reason for the naming of Melbourne as a target.

Think about it... you're a "terrorist," and in deciding your next targets, you think you can be really clever...

Spain is (was) to England, as Australia is to the United States.

London is to Madrid, as Los Angeles is to Melbourne.

Please note the L and M traits that remain.

This threat is a 'bluff,' and whoever made it pulled these names out of their posteriors in less than five minutes.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Wrong they have been out to slaughter British and others for many many years.

Founded in 1928 by Hassan al-Banna, the Egyptian Brotherhood quickly became a large charitable and educational organisation as well as a major political opposition group, campaigning against political and social injustice and British imperial rule, and promoting a conception of Islam that attempted to restore broken links between tradition and modernity. By the end of the 1940s, it is thought to have had as many as a million members.

en.wikipedia.org...

Shots, are you picking an argument for the sake of arguing again?
Your quote backs up what I said you know. I was saying that they werent out to slaughter us, which you havent proved otherwise.

The way I read it and from what I have seen on the History channel all day long this all stemmed from British intervention in the middle east where the British held certain territories.

Well golly, is that not exactly what I said in the first place? How was I wrong Shots? Or is that just an involuntary response you type when replying to my posts?

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Haven't all the terrorist attacks, even the ones done in Iraq, taught you people that these Islamic terrorists just want to have the world dominated by their extremist Islamic views?....

It is possible that Islamic terrorists are bluffing in some of their threats, but how exactly do you know for certain when they are bluffing and when they are not?

If the government does not give the warning to the people and an attack happens, then you all whine about it, and if the government gives warnings of what Islamic terrorists are doing you whine about it?....

To some people it seems that there is always a conspiracy nomatter whatever the governments of the world do.....

[edit on 12-9-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   
well who wants to hear a story?

my mums friend found a wallet on the footpath, and so called the number in it to return it.

The guy who answered owned the wallet, was very very thankfull for her returning it, and he had a arab accent

he also dropped at the last moment a line about " because you are so good i will tell you to stay away from the melbourne cup this year"

take from it what you will

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by tiddly54

my mums friend found a wallet on the footpath, and so called the number in it to return it.

The guy who answered owned the wallet, was very very thankfull for her returning it, and he had a arab accent

he also dropped at the last moment a line about " because you are so good i will tell you to stay away from the melbourne cup this year"

*groan* How many times is that urban legend going to be rehashed? If its not a shopping center/mall its the Melbourne Cup...

Sorry for the group email, but i wanted to pass on a story I heard to all of you......THIS IS A TRUE STORY, but make of it what you will:

A friend's sister is living in london at the moment, she was walking down the street the other day when she saw a man drop his wallet, she picked it up and noticed it was 'packed' with notes, she ran after him to return the wallet, he thanked her and wanted to give her a reward, but she said no, he tried again to give her some money, but she refused......he turned to her and said " you seem like a nice girl, so i'll give you a tip - stay away from london around the 24th of October"

She thought this very strange, so she went to the police, they got her to look at loads of photos, and she picked out a known terrorist!!

Its sounds far fetched....but its not a story - so all be careful guys!!!

cluestick.me.uk...

[edit on 12/9/05 by subz]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul
I literally started laughing my ass off when I read this. It's like the 2004 elections all over again.

Today is Sept11 and they just so happen to get this tape on this very day? How keen of them to announce this on the day the terrorists struck 4 years ago.

Remember boys and girls, the terrorists are out to get you. BE AFRAID! BE VERY AFRAID!

Glad I'm not the only one who thought this was bull. And to boot, the terrorist looks like Dick Cheney with a mask and head rag.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   

If the government does not give the warning to the people and an attack happens, then you all whine about it, and if the government gives warnings of what Islamic terrorists are doing you whine about it?....

To some people it seems that there is always a conspiracy nomatter whatever the governments of the world do.....

I thought this didnt come from the government, but was sent to a news station in Pakistan?

quote: Originally posted by tiddly54

Omg... Seriously how many people are going to use that stupid urban legend. Really, really sad...

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz

Shots, are you picking an argument for the sake of arguing again?
Your quote backs up what I said you know. I was saying that they werent out to slaughter us, which you havent proved otherwise.

Ah once again my point goes right over your head. I hope you do realize that the brotherhood was the origin of Al queda. And yes al queda is out to get you in fact I do believe the threatened/attempted to kill your PM. Fortuantely they were found out in time.

in.rediff.com...

[edit on 9/12/2005 by shots]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
How can anybody even entertain the idea of taking this crap seriously anymore? When has AQ ever released a tape saying where they were gonna strike, and actually made good on it? If it's not a government fabrication then it's an AQ fake out and they're gonna hit somewhere else. If you're in Melbourne or LA.......well, if you're in Melbourne you're most likely safer than anywhere else. If you're in LA you're not safe, but at least you don't have to worry about terrorism.

Also, AQ should go back to the terrorists pointing and yelling in arabic or some other language. Phil from their accounts payable department just isn't cutting the "scary" mustard. What a douchebag.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Ah once again my point goes right over your head. I hope you do realize that the brotherhood was the origin of Al queda.

Your point hasnt gone over my head. You just dont know what you are talking about. Were they slaughtering westerners BEFORE 1949 like I originally wrote? If not then what are you arguing against? Your link said:

Founded in 1928 by Hassan al-Banna, the Egyptian Brotherhood quickly became a large charitable and educational organisation as well as a major political opposition group,

So even if they did turn into Al-Qaeda, which is not true, that doesnt mean that they were slaughtering Westerners before 1949. So, again, you have not proved me wrong in the slightest.

From your original source, no mention of the Egyptian Brotherhood being the forerunner for Al-Qaeda.

The origins of al-Qaeda can be traced to the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan when a cadre of Muslim fighters joined the largely United States and Pakistani-funded Afghan mujāhidīn resistance movement.

Al-Qaeda

Face it, you are just arguing with me for nothing more than you enjoy arguing with me
If any one else wrote what I wrote you wouldnt of even replied.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
How can anybody even entertain the idea of taking this crap seriously anymore? When has AQ ever released a tape saying where they were gonna strike, and actually made good on it?

Plenty of times. According to their idiotic and sadistic view they have to warn whoever they are going to attack. They won't tell the time and exact place, but Osama Bin Laden was reprimended by one of their mayor sheikhs, that he should have given the city of New York the change to convert to Islam before attacking it.

This was discussed and presented in these forums about 6-8 months ago.

In their extremist view, supposedly Mohammed would give the chance to people to convert to Islam before attacking them, if they converted the attacks would stop. If people would not convert they would be decimated. That's exactly the same thing these idiots are doing now.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
In their extremist view, supposedly Mohammed would give the chance to people to convert to Islam before attacking them, if they converted the attacks would stop. If people would not convert they would be decimated. That's exactly the same thing these idiots are doing now.

Playing Devil's Advocate here, but is that any different to the United States and her allies forcing democracy onto Afghanistan and Iraq? We gave the Taliban and Saddam ultimatums to do what we wanted and when they refused we attacked them. Right and wrong is as subjective a topic as you could possibly get and calling one use of force sadistic and idiotic whilst condoning another is hypocritical.

The difference being that you see democracy as a good thing and religous extremists see Islam as a good thing.

If we see a system not following democracy we class it as evil and religous extremists see a system not following Islam as evil.

Were both sides converge is in the solution: destroy the status quo with violence.

You see that as correct and for the greater good and so do they. The only thing that seperates both actions is your own subjective ideas of whats good.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   

From your original source, no mention of the Egyptian Brotherhood being the forerunner for Al-Qaeda.

The origins of al-Qaeda can be traced to the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan when a cadre of Muslim fighters joined the largely United States and Pakistani-funded Afghan mujāhidīn resistance movement.

Al-Qaeda

Face it, you are just arguing with me for nothing more than you enjoy arguing with me
If any one else wrote what I wrote you wouldnt of even replied.

Oh contraire Subz, I would have pointed it out to anyone who brought it up. Perhaps you should do more research on the subject and you will find that al qaeda or concept of its ideology actually goes back to the 19th century. To use a good comparassion the Italian Mafia would be a good example it has been around for hundreds of years the only differance is the name used to associate it with. in italy they called it La Cosa Nostra.
In the US it is the Mafia. The same applies to the muslim brother hood same ideology only different name.

For the most part this struggle has been waged in Egypt, Sunni Islam’s center of gravity. On one side of the debate, there is Cairo’s Al-Azhar, a seminary and university that has been the center of Sunni orthodoxy for a thousand years. On the other side, al Qaeda’s ideology has its origins in late-19th-century efforts in Egypt to reform and modernize faith and society. As the 20th century progressed, the Sunni establishment centered on Al-Azhar came to view the modernist reform movement as more and more heterodox. It became known as Salafism, for the supposedly uncorrupted early Muslim predecessors (salaf, plural aslaf ) of today’s Islam. The more revolutionary tendencies in this Salafist reform movement constitute the core of today’s challenge to the Sunni establishment, and are the chief font of al Qaeda’s ideology.
carlisle-www.army.mil...

[edit on 9/12/2005 by shots]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   

al Qaeda’s ideology has its origins in late-19th-century efforts in Egypt to reform and modernize faith and society

Shots, you are talking about the origins of Al-Qaeda's ideology, not the origins of the group itself. You dont seem to grasp the concept I was illustrating in my original post, which was that muslims werent out to slaughter the West pre-1949.

With your logic that would mean Al-Qaeda originated with the advent of Islam as they base their actions on Islam. Is that what your point really boils down to? You actually blame Al-Qaeda on Islam, right?

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Plenty of times. According to their idiotic and sadistic view they have to warn whoever they are going to attack.

Plenty of times? You state they have warned plenty of times where they're gonna attack, then state Bin Laden was chastised because he didn't. Contradiciton. Regardless of what they're supposed to do, they have not once given a warning of a specific city to be hit before striking. Not once. Please advise me of one occasion where AQ gave such a specific warning before an attack. They're not the IRA.

Well, maybe AQ is responsible for the power outage in LA today. How will the residents of that city ever survive the blistering 70 degree weather without A/C? I'm glad AQ the didn't attack the A/C here in Phoenix, but not even Bin Laden could be that cruel.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   

al Qaeda’s ideology has its origins in late-19th-century efforts in Egypt to reform and modernize faith and society

Shots, you are talking about the origins of Al-Qaeda's ideology, not the origins of the group itself. You dont seem to grasp the concept I was illustrating in my original post, which was that muslims werent out to slaughter the West pre-1949.

Oh you sure are hard headed, I will give you that subz. Here perhaps this will put it in a perspective even you can understand.

Origin of al queda

Origins of Al Qaeda
The primary founder of Al Qaeda, Osama bin Laden, was born in July 1957, the
seventeenth of twenty sons of a Saudi construction magnate of Yemeni origin. Many
Saudis are conservative Sunni Muslims, and bin Laden appears to have adopted
militant Islamist views while studying at King Abdul Aziz University in Jeddah,
Saudi Arabia. There he studied Islam under Muhammad Qutb, brother of Sayyid
Qutb, the key ideologue of a major Sunni Islamist movement, the Muslim
Brotherhood.2 Another of bin Laden’s instructors was Dr. Abdullah al-Azzam, a
major figure in the Jordanian branch of the Muslim Brotherhood. Azzam is
identified by some experts as the intellectual architect of the jihad against the 1979-
1989 Soviet occupation of Afghanistan, and ultimately of Al Qaeda itself; he cast the
Soviet invasion as an attempted conquest by a non-Muslim power of sacred Muslim
territory and people.3

Now as you can clearly see the experts tie the two groups together which is contrary to your contention and I for one will take the word of an expert over that of some self proclaimed expert who posts on a message board any day of the week

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Listen Shots, you are totally missing the entire gist of my first post. Probably on purpose, but who knows.

What I SAID was that muslims werent out to slaughter Westerners before 1949, I said that so as to show that Western intereference in the Middle East is a major factor in their wanting to kill us.

To which you tried to say I was wrong by quoting about the Egyptian brotherhood founded in 1928. Are you trying to show me that muslims were out to slaughter Westerners since 1928? If you are then your sources simply arent backing that view of yours.

With few exceptions (and none since the 1970s), the Brotherhood's leaders and members have demonstrated a commitment to a nonviolent, reformist approach to Islamism. (For details of the exceptions, see the main article.)

The Brotherhood has been an illegal organisation, tolerated to varying degrees, since 1954; it is still periodically subjected to mass arrests and torture. It remains Egypt's most popular opposition group, and continues to call for a more open and democratic political system in Egypt.

Muslim Brotherhood

How the hell does that equate to your view that muslims have been slaughtering Westerners BEFORE 1949?

Oh yeah, thats right, because Osama Bin Laden believes in some of their ideology. The fact that Bin Laden wasnt BORN until 1957 escapes you.

YOU STILL HAVENT PROVED MUSLIMS WANTED TO KILL ALL WESTERNS BEFORE 1949!

[edit on 13/9/05 by subz]

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Oh look, another al-Qaeda video in English to refocus peoples attention on the terrorist threat after the 'temporary disruption' of Katrina.

The terrorists must be very pleased with ABC for aiding in their propaganda and airing the tape on the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Listen Shots, you are totally missing the entire gist of my first post. Probably on purpose, but who knows.

What I SAID was that muslims werent out to slaughter Westerners before 1949, I said that so as to show that Western intereference in the Middle East is a major factor in their wanting to kill us.

Ok first stop and take your blinders off subzs you are not looking at the whole picture.

British/UK forces are westerners are they not?

Which western power was it that dominated and interfered with much of the Middle East since the 19th century? It sure as all get out was not the US. Britain ruled Egypt, India, Jordan, Kuwait just to name a few and those countries fought I do not know how many wars with Britain/UK forces prior to 1949. You can start with the war in Egypt in 1919.

You wanted Western interference prior to 1949 there you got it. You can thank your government for that violence not mine. No wonder they hate westerners, if your country had not tried to rule them perhaps they would not hate westerners as much as they do.

Muslim Brotherhood
How the hell does that equate to your view that muslims have been slaughtering Westerners BEFORE 1949?

I do not know since I do not use wikipedia as a source that would be you not me. As for how any of this equates see my examples of your western medaling in Muslim countries above.

Oh yeah, thats right, because Osama Bin Laden believes in some of their ideology. The fact that Bin Laden wasnt BORN until 1957 escapes you.

YOU STILL HAVENT PROVED MUSLIMS WANTED TO KILL ALL WESTERNS BEFORE 1949!

No it does not escape me at all. I also do take note you are now changing this to include all Westerners before 1949, but that is not what you stated at first.

quote: Originally posted by subz

They werent out to slaughter us pre-1949 now where they?

Again see above for examples of wanting to kill US it shows they did want to kill at least the British

The point you are missing is the fact that the brotherhood and madrassas are one and the same.

Look at it this way.

Brotherhood/madrassas all have ties with international extremists. They are all kind of like a parish within a church. They all go by various names yet they follow certain fanatic teachings of the Muslim religion.

When they were born is a moot point. What you are implying is they would not exist if Bin laden was dead. That is like saying there would be no catholic church without the pope.

The information shown below ties in Madrassas with Al-Qaeda

Many madrassas have links with international extremist Islamic organizations like Egypt's Akhwan-ul Muslimeen (Muslim Brotherhood), Indonesia's Jemmah Islamiyah, Algeria's Islamic Salvation Front (FIS) and the Philippines' Abu Sayyaf group, all of whom extend support to Al-Qaeda.

www.newsline.com.pk...

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Ok first stop and take your blinders off subzs you are not looking at the whole picture.

I havent got blinders on shots, you are looking for an argument for no apparent reason. You havent even bothered to read what I wrote, instead you are being pedantic and trying to find errors that dont exist in what I wrote.

British/UK forces are westerners are they not?

Yeah but they dont equal ALL Westerners do they? I was SPECIFICALLY refering to the fact that muslims werent chanting for the death of all Westerners prior to the interference with the creation of Israel. You STILL havent shown me otherwise. Wars between Britain and Egypt doesnt mean squat. In the post of mine you have issue with I specifically mentioned Australia, Britain and the United States. Currently citizens from ALL those countries are on muslim terrorists hitlist, that was not the case BEFORE or DURING any wars Britain had with Egypt. You are contriving a very dubious point which does nothing but highlight your anti-British feelings.

Which western power was it that dominated and interfered with much of the Middle East since the 19th century? It sure as all get out was not the US. Britain ruled Egypt, India, Jordan, Kuwait just to name a few and those countries fought I do not know how many wars with Britain/UK forces prior to 1949. You can start with the war in Egypt in 1919.

You're starting to get on my tits now shots. You are deliberately ignoring what I wrote.

FlyersFan, I think his point is that those pesky muslims would have bigger fish to fry before coming after Australians. Most notably Americans and the British who have a sordid history of intervening in Middle Eastern matters starting from the partition of Palestine.

I dont think any one is saying that terrorists dont exist and that its not their sole raison d'etre to slaughter non-muslims. They do exist but the causes of that animosity didnt spring forth from thin air, it wasnt the Koran either. They werent out to slaughter us pre-1949 now where they?

Where did I say that its all the Americans fault? Again, you have no point that contradicts what I wrote.

You wanted Western interference prior to 1949 there you got it. You can thank your government for that violence not mine. No wonder they hate westerners, if your country had not tried to rule them perhaps they would not hate westerners as much as they do.

You really are reaching now arent you. So what you are trying to tell me is that Westerners have been targets for terrorists since 1919? And that it is ALL Britain's fault? Is that about the gist of it?

I do not know since I do not use wikipedia as a source that would be you not me.

You could of fooled me shots.

Founded in 1928 by Hassan al-Banna, the Egyptian Brotherhood quickly became a large charitable and educational organisation as well as a major political opposition group, campaigning against political and social injustice and British imperial rule, and promoting a conception of Islam that attempted to restore broken links between tradition and modernity. By the end of the 1940s, it is thought to have had as many as a million members.

en.wikipedia.org...

Are you getting a bit confused shots?

No it does not escape me at all. I also do take note you are now changing this to include all Westerners before 1949, but that is not what you stated at first.

I always did mean all Westerns hence my explicit naming of "Australians" "Americans" and "British" in the post of mine you are complaining about. So again, are you getting confused? Shall I quote what I wrote AGAIN for you?

FlyersFan, I think his point is that those pesky muslims would have bigger fish to fry before coming after Australians. Most notably Americans and the British who have a sordid history of intervening in Middle Eastern matters starting from the partition of Palestine.

Again see above for examples of wanting to kill US it shows they did want to kill at least the British

OK lets make it easier for you. Can you show me examples of Western civilians being targeted and slaughtered prior to 1949?

[edit on 13/9/05 by subz]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join