It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: New Al Qaeda Video Threatens Los Angeles And Melbourne

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
A new videotape featuring suspected us national and Al Qaeda member Adam Gadahn, has threatened terror attacks against Melbourne Australia and Los Angeles. The tape was broadcast by American ABC television on the anniversary of the Sept 11 tragedies in the USA. This is the second tape made by Gadahn who originates from Orange County in California and the tapes are believed to be authentic. This is the first time that an Australian city has been mentioned as a direct target.

www.abc.net.au
"Yesterday, London and Madrid. Tomorrow, Los Angeles and Melbourne, God willing," said the warning.

"At this time, don't count on us demonstrating restraint or compassion," the speaker added.

"We are Muslims. We love peace, but peace on our terms, peace as laid down by Islam, not the so-called peace of occupiers and dictators."

"Don't believe the lies of the liars at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue and 10 Downing Street," the speaker said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This was expected. Melbourne is a city that has a large ethnic base including islamic residents. If one believed in conspiracy theories they could look suspiciously at this video tape in light of the Australian government currently pushing through new terror laws that they wish the public to accept. This tape may serve to sway minds into accepting the legislation. It may be co-incidental too, that the London attacks happened around the time new legislation was being pushed through the British system.

If the tapes are genuine, without government interference or prodding, then it is logical Australia is a high target with the troops overseas fighting side by side with the USA.

Australia would not be a terror target or as high on the agenda had she not sent those troops overseas and backed the Bush administrations "War On Terror". Then new laws would not have had to be implimented and no citizens would have to go around looking at every muslim walking past with a backpack suspiciously.

[edit on 11-9-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Australia's always been a target I thought, but I feel a bit worse now that the target's specifically the City I live in.

Why not Sydney?

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I literally started laughing my ass off when I read this. It's like the 2004 elections all over again.

Today is Sept11 and they just so happen to get this tape on this very day? How keen of them to announce this on the day the terrorists struck 4 years ago.

Remember boys and girls, the terrorists are out to get you. BE AFRAID! BE VERY AFRAID!

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet

This was expected.

Uh huh. Timing's perfect for a distraction from the Katrina debacle.

...If one believed in conspiracy theories they could look suspiciously at this video tape in light of the Australian government currently pushing through new terror laws that they wish the public to accept. This tape may serve to sway minds into accepting the legislation.

Uh, huh. Uh huh. Two birds with one stone.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Yeah I was thinking the same thing, why not Sydney?

Great, I head back to Melbourne in just over a week and its now targeted by those who wish to see terror flourish. Oh happy days.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Gangs of Los Angeles VS Al Qaeda. This has " B movie" written all over it and ready for dvd after 2 weeks.

[edit on 11-9-2005 by slackwarez]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I have to agree that this just looks too much like an attempt to sidetrack our lack of
preparedness for Katrina, because "them terrists" are still out there.

Why not just write The Department of Homeland Security and FEMA another blank check
so they can squander even more of our money.

What have they been doing with all that extra funding they were given following 911?

Frankly , I fear OUR OWN LEADERSHIP right now more than I fear a video from Al Queda Studios International.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
Australia would not be a terror target or as high on the agenda had she not sent those troops overseas and backed the Bush administrations "War On Terror".

Sure ... appeasement and keeping a low profile would have saved
ya'll forever. Been studing up on Chamberlain war tactics eh?

The truth is that ALL INFIDELS are targets and all countries full of
infidels are targets of radical muslim terrorists. They want you dead.
That's all there is to it. It has nothing to do with backing the war on
terror or not. Even if you didn't, they STILL would want you dead.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
FlyersFan, I think his point is that those pesky muslims would have bigger fish to fry before coming after Australians. Most notably Americans and the British who have a sordid history of intervening in Middle Eastern matters starting from the partition of Palestine.

I dont think any one is saying that terrorists dont exist and that its not their sole raison d'etre to slaughter non-muslims. They do exist but the causes of that animosity didnt spring forth from thin air, it wasnt the Koran either. They werent out to slaughter us pre-1949 now where they?

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I had a sort of gut feeling that Australia would be the next big target ever since I saw the Australian Prime Minister in a press conference beside Tony Blair on 7/7, condemning the terrorists and pledging his country's support of Britain.

The more I start following politics, the more predictible it all seems to be; and the more I start to lean in the conspiracy 'nut''s point of view that it is all staged.

Strangely enough, any of the times I flipped to CNN today, this was never on there. Just the words "STATE OF EMERGENCY" glued to the bottom of the screen for the past week straight.

The whole time just after Katrina, I was thinking about what an opening it was for terrorists while the country was so down and focusing all of it's resources in one place, and I'm very surprised that nothing happened in regards to that, in this past week. I suppose there weren't any dates available for the terrorists to strike on that were symbolic enough.

[edit on 11-9-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz

They werent out to slaughter us pre-1949 now where they?

Wrong they have been out to slaughter British and others for many many years.

Founded in 1928 by Hassan al-Banna, the Egyptian Brotherhood quickly became a large charitable and educational organisation as well as a major political opposition group, campaigning against political and social injustice and British imperial rule, and promoting a conception of Islam that attempted to restore broken links between tradition and modernity. By the end of the 1940s, it is thought to have had as many as a million members.

en.wikipedia.org...

The way I read it and from what I have seen on the History channel all day long this all stemmed from British intervention in the middle east where the British held certain territories.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Letter to Mr and Mrs Gadahn

Dear MR and Mrs Gadahn

You may or may not be aware your son has sent the world a video tape threatening two cities in two different countries, in it he states that he and his gang will not hold back like they did in London and Madrid.

The people(children, young adults,families and the elderly) in those cities some more so than other`s would be a bit alarmed by your sons words.

I can only assume you both overlooked disciplining your son when he should have been as a child,example when your son was a child and he got enjoyment from boinking that kitten of yours on the head with his mini base ball bat one of you as parents should have either severely chastised him or given him a rap on the buttocks and explained why this is wrong.

The problem your son faces now through his unbridled and unloved upbringing is unfortunately for you both your son will now be disciplined extremely severely because he is being searched in the target scopes of the US army.

For some silly reason he and his gang believe a rumor that by doing the things they do
they will make it to paradise and be presented with 70 virgins when they leave this life.As i know God i feel safe in saying its not heaven they have to look forward to but it may please them to know they can look forward to 70 virgin pineapples shoved up their a@@`s.

If you both dont believe the same nonsense your son believes can i suggest that you both speak up from now on,on the importance of disciplining children in the proper manner.

Oh and dont feel as though you are alone it can happen to the most elite of people,take the Bush`s for example if time machines were to be invented someone should go back a thousand years or so and smack the billyo out of someone that has caused Pres Bush to bribe counties to go to war with him based on a lie,and we also suspect Pres Bush has had your son`s video for awhile and released it with the Australian Gov at a time that suit`s their agenda`s.

Your`s sincerely
The people that see it this way.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
This is a load of crap, usual propaganda timed perfectly with a government trying to propagate 'new laws'.

Melbourne would be the WORST target for any Islamic attack, perfect for a intelligence attack thou. Melbourne is too pedestrian for an authentic attack.

Real terrorism doesn't kill innocents at random, it's counter-productive. If Australia is to be attack, it should be in Canberra or at Sydney's Stock Exchange, anything else IMHO would be utter stupidity and only going to cause the Muslim/Islamic world more trouble. If they go for a monument, big deal, it gets rebuilt or fixed, pointless. If they go for a train station, again, pointless because it will just bring in new laws and make Islams life harder, pointless.

But the government has ALL the reasons to encourage or create an attack like that. Check this out:

The Virtual Reality Centre at RMIT University recently produced a prototype simulation for NSW State Rail to train staff to respond appropriately in an emergency. A virtual 3-D model of a Sydney underground station was constructed so trainees could role-play during different scenarios, "experiencing the panic, reduced vision and stress of an evacuation procedure".
SMH

Like Londons bombing, why do something which is only going hurt your cause but promote your oppositions?

If you plan to make a dent in the Western world and not just screw over the Islamic world even more, you attack financial interests and you attack government interests - anything else is only going to play into the hands of the government. Killing 50 people isn't going to do anything if the ripples aren't felt throughout the entire world.

[edit on 11-9-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Why Melbourne? Could it be because of the hell of time our Premier, Steve Bracks and his fellow home town boy, Cardinal George Pell, can't keep a lid on the HUGE problem of VICTORIA POLICE CORRUPTION and ORGANIZIDED CHILD SEX TRADE making it into the media? We have the Commonwealth Games coming here in six months, can't have all those tourists and elite athletes hearing and reading about the real terrors that go on here, so we have to create "more newsworthy" issues to drown out the many appeals for justice to be done.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

www.news.com.au...
PRIME Minister John Howard said a videotape purportedly from an al-Qaeda operative that warns Melbourne will be the target of a terrorist attack may be genuine.
The tape, obtained in Pakistan by America's ABC News, shows a masked US-born member of al-Qaida – believed to be Californian man Adam Gadahn – threatening attacks on Melbourne and Los Angeles, "Allah willing".
Australian authorities are investigating the videotape.
Mr Howard said it may turn out to be real, but pointed out that Gadahn has made previous threats that have not come to fruition.
"It could well be authentic," Mr Howard said on arrival in New York tonight, the fourth anniversary of the September 11 terror attacks.
"But it could also be the case that the person who has made these comments in the past has not, how shall I put it, demonstrated to have had the capacity to deliver through on those statements.
"Clearly our country has been a terrorist target long before the 11th of September, 2001.

Huh? How so was our country a target before 911?

I do not understand his logic.. we were not a target before we interfered, Mr Jack Boots......

www.abc.net.au...
Victorian Premier Steve Bracks has urged Melburnians to go about their business as usual, as security agencies investigate a video that names the city as a terrorist target.
The video, aired on America's ABC network, shows a suspected Al Qaeda member threatening more attacks.
The man, who is thought to be American Adam Gadahn, lists Melbourne and the US city of Los Angeles as terrorist targets.
Mr Bracks says the video is designed to spread fear.
"The public in Victoria can be assured that we have the best possible preventative intelligence systems that we can have," he said.
Prime Minister John Howard says the possible threat underlines the need for stronger anti-terrorism laws but he cautions that the threat has yet to be verified.

Sure you didnt place a custom order for a tape to bring the nation to your way of thinking Mr Jack Boots?

[edit on 11-9-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
We were and are a target before 9/11 because we helped East Timor that is what is said anyway.

And they made video threats (Muslim exstremists)stating we were because we did.

[edit on 11-9-2005 by gps777]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
They want you dead. That's all there is to it. It has nothing to do with backing the war on terror or not. Even if you didn't, they STILL would want you dead.

I thought they hated freedom, not us.

"Why did the bad man fly the plane into the building, daddy?"
"He hated freedom, Billy. He hated freedom."

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Australia's always been a target I thought, but I feel a bit worse now that the target's specifically the City I live in.

Why not Sydney?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sydney ALWAYS gets all the attention when it comes to Australia ! Ask anyone overseas! They're always first in everything! I'm in Melbourne too and we have better resturants, better nightlife, better everything except the harbour!

It's always Sydney! Sydney Sydney Sydney!*stamps foot*

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I thought Islam was a religion of peace. This guy is an American????? Is he still on city streets or is he on leave from Bellview???? I liked the letter to his parents. But I don't think that will do any good.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
"Yesterday, London and Madrid. Tomorrow, Los Angeles and Melbourne, God willing," said the warning.

yeah, we're an international city; we got good restaurants AND terror threats...

What about Melbourne, Florida?

i don't have details as yet, but i seem to remember an aussie journo interviewing some taliban/al-qaeda types in Afghanistan in 2001 and asking about attacking Oz, and they laughed at him and made little kangaroo motions with their hands...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join