It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

another year is slowly passing away

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
is it just me or has this year been uneventful well let me refraze that with katrina etc.
its been depressing and boring nothing really that i can pick out from this year and say yes that was a good day.

oh well only three months and its christmas

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by klain
oh well only three months and its christmas

Yes, and isn't it awful, I feel like someone is sucking the time from me. I swear it was xmas just the other month.

Time theft is what it is!

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Yup.

I'm all for "bring on next year, for the love of all that's good and chocolatey".

This year I have:

Become divorced
Survived on hand-outs and food shelves
Lost four friends (to death)
Lost many more friends (to divorce)
Discovered how much certain branches of the government absolutely suck
Discovered that being a legal immigrant excludes you from many much-needed disability and/or assistance funds.

But I'm alive, I'm relatively happy, and I'm gettin' there.

And I'm apologising profusely for infringing on the original poster's post

Many, many blessings for the coming year, to everyone.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
yup im sure the next year will get better theres only so bad things get before they start to turn around

lifes just one big rollar coaster

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The years used to pass much slower for me when I was young and immortal.

Now the years seem to fly by faster and faster the older I get. It's like time is compessing as I get more of it behind me.

It's true that this was a fairly uneventful year for me but it still seems to have gone by too fast. I'm afraid that if I live beyond 2025, those years will feel like they only last a month.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
yeh i am young but the eventuality of time passing by faster is kind of worring heh is'nt it ironic that when we are youngr we always want to be grown up then when we are we want to be young

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Children don't have the life experiences to appreciate what they have. They only see adults doing things they can't.

Teenagers start to gain more independance and freedom but lack the knowledge to make the most of it, or make the best choices for the future.
This feeling of immortality is often the end of some teenagers lives when they feel they can do anything, but fail to see the possible outcome of those choices.

The twenty something crowd suddenly faces the reality of the world, and the choices they made in their teens come back to haunt them.

Once you pass the half-way point, time seems to be more fleeting.
You have a routine in your life that becomes more difficult to change due to responsibilities like family, house payments and credit card bills.

And time goes on.........
Make the most of it..........

top topics

join