It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your IQ

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
lol...yea they do ...i'm new too and now i've found myself eyeball deep in the newest ATS game... for a little while people thought i was involved since i was new!

anyways... back to the IQ topic
to answer the question about the 40 yr old and 12 yr old question

it makes neither one dumber or smarter than the other.. as i said in my previous post its a measure of the speed and ability to process information.. most of the questions on that test could be answered by a 3rd grader probably

it would just mean you process the information at the same speed and ability... or perhaps one of you has more ability and less speed, or the converse.

Edit: for an example, when i was in 8th grade, my dad, my grandfather, and myself all took the same IQ test. i ended up scoring the highest. just for a little comparison... my dad is a mechanical engineer and runs the branch office of a company here, and my grandfather was majorly responsible for the establishment of non-military radar schools for maritime.
so as you can see neither of them are stupid in that way, and yet i scored higher than them in 8th grade. (not meant to be a bragging post, just trying to give an example of how the IQ test can be skewed)

[edit on 10/26/2005 by McGuirk]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
oh ok suppose it is a good test really so do you go on msn

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Some questions for those posting a high IQ.

Do you have an exceptional memory?
And can recall things, simple or complex in a short time?

I think a high IQ is directly related to memory and the ability to call up memories pertaining to the problem at hand which aids in solving a particular problem.

Do you find that you have to keep your "smarts" under wraps to an extent?
Seems like some folks have a hard time dealing with people they perceive as smarter.
A good memory seems to bring out the same problems in others.
And I'm not talking about people who intrude into conversations and the like with a superior attitude.

I note as well, that dealing with problems when several people are present will usually have those who think they are not as smart, as experienced or as knowledgeable as a particular person in that group will defer all the thinking to that person.
A bit of a paradox perhaps, but it lays to waste that old thought that says, "Two Heads are Better Than One."
Not if only one head is doing all the thinking....

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
to answer your question about memory... yes i do have an exceptional memory.

to answer your question about keeping smarts 'under wraps'.... no, i don't really try to mask it, but i also don't get a sense of well being by proving people wrong or anything like that, im not condescending in that sense. but i don't back down when i know someone is blatantly wrong about something and i know the correct information.

EDIT: i think a good example of the dealing with a problem with several people is the new ATS game or even the other older ones.. take a look at how the different people approach the game propose or disbunk theories about the clues.

[edit on 10/26/2005 by McGuirk]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join