It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your IQ

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
How accurate do you think the online tests are compared to the ones administered by a pro?

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Well the online one the question are all the same so you can try many time and when you do you IQ test online you can use internet to help you're self like ask google. When a pro give you a test its more like... pro?

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well, I have'nt done one in awhile, but I've done IQ tests on different websites, and my score was anywhere between 127 and 135.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I just gave the tickle IQ test a go. It was pretty cool. I got 122 and am called a word warrior. It may not be too high but i'm chuffed with it

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I don;t know if some one have the info but what is the max you can get in tickle site b/c the first time like I said I got 118 and then I did it again and I got 127 so if some one could tell me the info it will be cool

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
My IQ scores have ranged from 125 to 150, with most being in the 130-140 range. I don't know how accurate they are, but as I have said in other threads, they do seem to be consistent with each other, at least for me, since there is little variation.

I do find it interesting that essentially everyone on ATS that I have seen post their IQ (in any IQ thread) seem to average rougly what I got, i.e. 120-150. Since an average IQ score (in a properly designed test) is 100, that means either the ATS population comprises some of the smartest people out there (probably the top 10% of the population, for that IQ) or else the tests are skewed, and result in higher scores than normal.

I should mention that I have only taken internet IQ tests, but have taken them from approximately half a dozen sources, and several different tests from each source that had multiple tests.

(edit was to fix my english in the 2nd paragraph; apparently I can get a 130 IQ and still not manage to write a coherent sentence)

[edit on 7-9-2005 by DragonsDemesne]

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 03:04 AM
link   
..and doesnt an IQ test.. test for brain-power with brain-speed? some people may have the brain-power... but just not the speed. some people that have awesome brain-speed.. and average brain-power maybe score higher than someone with #house brain-speed but awesome brain-power.
just a thought.

im 17 and score around 120-140 over 4 different internet IQ tests.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
my iq is 115 but it apears to have went down this last year too much drink

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I scored a 158 once, but that was a fluke.

IQ scores are too objective. There's a lot more to intelligence than being able to answer multiple-choice questions.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
My Online IQ test scores range between 145 to the max that test can give, in one case it was 300.

Before you think I'm some supergenious, lemme just say that doing those online tests just requires to have some good logic and a good memory, in alot of cases some basic math knowledge won't hurt either.

After being on the net since it became available to Joe Public and doing these tests every time someone said "hey look an IQ test", I can fill out most of these online tests just out of memory, resulting in those 300 or "Whow man your freaky"(and that was one of the more serious sites :p) kind of scores, all of those tests are alike or some even exactly the same.

If you want a score thats in some way accurate, take a real test, if that test your taking only takes a few hours or even 1 day, its not a real IQ test.

I've been trough 2 IQ tests in my life, one for immature and one for 21+ and both took almost a week, I won't say what my actual score was but I can say it was above average.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
An IQ score is meaningless without that score's central tendencies, specifically, the mean and standard deviation. Internet IQ tests are not normed to the general population, therefore, they don't give any generalizable information, which is to say, the score tells each test-taker what score was made on that test and, perhaps, how the test-taker scored relative to others who took the test, but not how that score compares to scores received by the general population.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I've never done an online IQ test, I paid for both of mine & had them done professionally.......on the second occasion I actually had a migraine & was under the influence of that & the medication to control it. I was hoping for a third IQ test, but they are a little expensive. Nothing beats getting them done professionally, but as I've stated in my earlier post, what really does it mean anyway? A person may very well have a high IQ, but no street smarts for example. Its all relative really, isn't it? Its high time we stopped worrying about who's IQ is higher than who's & get on with the more important things in life, now that would make us all smarter in my opinion.

[edit on 7-9-2005 by Figjam]

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Hey thanks for the reply, how much the IQ test cost and how can you find a professional that does it where I live

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I got a score of 133, and intellectual type is Visual Mathematician. Tickle.com

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Results while talking to my mother on the phone and dragging my son out of everything:

Alexandra, your Super IQ score is 110

Your overall intelligence quotient is the result of a scientifically-tested formula based on how many questions you answered correctly. But it's only part of what we learned about you from your answers on the test. We also determined the way you process information.

The way you think about things makes you an Analytic Detective. This means you are an unusually talented problem-solver. You are able to think through a process step-by-step, and know how to zero in on anything that is even remotely illogical. Compared to others you are very adept at discerning numerical patterns and solving difficult equations.

How did we determine that your thinking style is that of an Analytic Detective? When we examined your test results further, we analyzed how you scored on 8 dimensions of intelligence: spatial, organizational, abstract reasoning, logical, mechanical, verbal, visual and numerical. The 3 dimensions you scored highest on combine to make you an Analytic Detective. Only 6 out of 1,000 people have this rare combination of abilities.

I was in classes for gifted kids and accelerated classes in school, though.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
When we examined your test results further, we analyzed how you scored on 8 dimensions of intelligence: spatial, organizational, abstract reasoning, logical, mechanical, verbal, visual and numerical. The 3 dimensions you scored highest on combine to make you an Analytic Detective. Only 6 out of 1,000 people have this rare combination of abilities.

Well done
6 out of 1,000 and you are special

Where did you take the test?

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   
i know im pretty smart, but dont these online iq tests boost your score by like 30%?

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by purelogik
boost your score by like 30%?

From where did you get this info

[edit on 9-9-2005 by 11undercover11]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
you misunderstood.

i am not saying it ups your score by specifically 30%, im saying it ups your score period. by how much, who knows.

30% was just an example. a guess. speculation.

[edit on 10-9-2005 by purelogik]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Did you take the super IQ test? I'm considered an original thinker and Only 6 out of 1,000 people have this rare combination of abilities. Whatever this tends to mean.

Try the super IQ test on Tickle.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join