It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I an indigo Child I need answers help.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I have had so many New-Age people call me various things, ranging from words like "Indigo Child" and "Old Soul", to people who actually seemed to want to worship me. But I don't really buy into it. One time I was invited into some "Indigo" MSN Group by complete strangers, just to look around and see what it was all about, learn about their beliefs in the paranormal, etc. Within a day, they had made me an Assistant Manager :\. Then about a week later, the group mysteriously disappeared from existance. No idea what that was about.

As a rule, I tend to not give any credit to groups of people who claim to be extraterrestrials coming to earth on a mission

I think basically anyone can fit that list of characteristics as well, especially people who are interested in the paranormal/spiritual aspects of life.

As for the 2010/2012 Phase Shift/Mayan Calendar End, I don't quite know what to believe. I have come to the conclusion that it will be my deadline for all of this though. If nothing paranormal/psychic is proven indefinately by December 21, 2012, I have decided that I will give up researching and believing in the paranormal. As far as I know, it is one of the last prophecies made about the end of the world, and one of the last dates given for prophecies that I know of. So if we make it to January 2013 and animals don't start talking and stuff, I guess I am done with this stuff.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Isn't this the natural stating of being for most teens? I think it is a natural process and then most people grow out of it.

Also, isn't the word 'child' a bit inaccurate? You basically stop being a child at around the age of 12/13. After that you are in adolence and laws, morality and rights aside, you are physically capable of reproduction yourself and thus no longer technically a child.

I have noticed through research and such that there is a trend to dumb down our youth and make the average adolescent a 'child' for as long as possible. This at all odds with the changes emotional and physical taking place in their bodies. We don't want them to grow up quickly so the period of adolence extends from puberty all the way until they are almost 20. Roughly 8 or 9 years!

So - what 'child' are we really talking here? Youngester or dissatisfied teenagers?

[edit on 29-8-2005 by nikelbee]

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikelbee
Isn't this the natural stating of being for most teens? I think it is a natural process and then most people grow out of it.

That's what I was thinking.
I think that this might be some way to leech off those who had some sort of problems with themselves or others and are now adults.
Or to leech off those new parents who have almost no clue on how to parent their children or discipline them because they're little brats.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
In a way I feel for the youth of today. They don't have much to look forward to, the world is screwed up and we are at war with ourselves. If they need something to make them feel special then why not? On the other hand, I can also see some poor misguided souls actually believing what is probably more or less some cult propaganda to boost the egos of those that don't feel very special.

I've seen the link and read the rules and quite frankly, most rebellious, creative youngsters fit many of the criteria.

I just keep thinking Jim Jones started out this way. Dont drink the kool-aid kids!

fum

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
I had no idea what an indigo child was so I did a quick search:

* They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it)
* They have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others don't share that.
* Self-worth is not a big issue. They often tell the parents "who they are."
* They have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice).
* They simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them.
* They get frustrated with systems that are ritually oriented and don't require creative thought.
* They often see better ways of doing things, both at home and in school, which makes them seem like "system busters" (nonconforming to any system).
* They seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others of like consciousness around them, they often turn inward, feeling like no other human understands them. School is often extremely difficult for them socially.
* They will not respond to "guilt" discipline ("Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did").
* They are not shy in letting you know what they need.

source: skepdic.com...

Seems to describe half the children I know, Am I missing something?

ROFL you described me lmao

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Lets have a hypothetical

Imagine that Jesus knew he was going to die, it bothered him as he was young but he knew that there was more to it than that. He had a child or children. Jesus was special, he had an extra Gene to everyone else around him, a royal gene if you like. The ability to empathize, know what a person is thinking or feeling, knowing more seeking more. The ability to cut a lie into truth. The ability to use energy, the ability not to be controlled. Alien mayhaps, after all the bible says they bred with the women of the earth.

Then his children grow up, and have children who in turn grow up and have children. Nothing is said of this gene, it is hidden. The gene travels through time. Many think they have captured this gene, arranging marriages to produce the gene secretly in children (royal families). But the gene has a mind of it's own, those that have the gene subconsciously recognize others, that animal attraction between male and female positive and negative.

The priests who think they control the gene carry out mass execuations, the witch hunts and so on, trying to stop this gene and keep it where they want it. But nature decides. Down through time. Bit like the highlander movies.

fast forward to now, the gene which split when Jesus died has now come together, its taken 2000 years. Many now hold the gene or part of it. The cosmic mix over time has bought it to now, the time of change, the dawning of the age of aquarius. Good song that.

maybe one child will have the full gene, maybe a few maybe hundreds or thousands. This is what has been tried to stop over time. maybe thousands have part gene. Who knows except deep down those carry the memories in the gene, they know but can't quite grasp it.

If some historians are right the gene travelled to France through the moravian and hugenots then over to Scotland and in the 1800's with the mass exodus from scotland it went everywhere.

Jacobs Ladder.......

I mean this is just a story and a synopsis of the full 666 page edition but there you have the Indigo Children... the lost knowledge, the lost gene.

Oh and I am still a child..at my advanced age..I still swing on swings and climb trees, I always will. I was legally labelled as uncontrollable at 13...locked down and all... nothings changed...

[edit on 29-8-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Oh and I am still a child..at my advanced age..I still swing on swings and climb trees, I always will. I was legally labelled as uncontrollable at 13...locked down and all... nothings changed...

You have ADD or some kind of personality disorder, or who knows what... I dunno, but you're not some "Indigo Child" who's more advanced than the rest of society who will bring about a new age for mankind in 2012 when the world changes resonating frequencies or whatever the nutbars are feeding you, that's for sure.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
To label one's self with a made up dysfunctional stereotypes sounds like the work of propagandists working on gullible stooges to make a profit from.

PT Barnum comes to mind here, were as trendy labels are for egos and fools.

Buyer beware....

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
From another thread:

Originally posted by intrepid
OK, here it is, Indigo Children 101.

You cannot become an IC, you're born that way. Any thought of living your life a certain way to become Indigo is BS. IC's are bricklayers, doctors, milkmen, professional gamblers. There is NO set specs for IC's. Anyone claiming superiority due to being an IC, superior spirituallity, is a crock of.......

Next, IC's have been around since man has. Don't listen to the BS you've read on the Net that IC's are the next evolution of man and it's only in the last few decades that we've been around. BS again.

Bottom line, what are Indigo children? IC's have an increased empathic ability. I'm not talking telepathy here. I mean empathy. The feeling of others emotion. This is probably why IC's have a higher rate of paranormal experiences.

Does that make IC's better than anyone else? No more so than an athlete that has an increased physical abillity. A Mensa member, and I hate to use that group as an example, smarter than others. It is an attribute, like the others. BTW, I suck at Math.

Hope that helped.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
It's normal that young people search for some kind of identity that makes them feel special, different, accepted, and comfortable in their own skin.

If you feel "indigo" be the best indigo you can be. The danger is that the ego can take over and you loose perspective that the "jocks" "Goths" "nerds" "hippys" "Jesus freeks"are all looking for the same thing you are; to BELONG.

Humans imo, are still stuck in the "tribal" mode so it is only natural that we look for the culture or counter-culture that we feel we belong in. Regardless of the group or non-group you choose; deny ignorance!

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This is THE stupidest thing Ive ever read on this site.

Im selfish and spoiled! Im smarter than everyone! I must be part of a special race of people sent to save the Earth!

I think this sort of addiction to the notion that you're "aware of something nobody else is" is one of this worlds main problems. It keeps getting worse and worse.

And if I told someone I was an "indigo child" they would think I was gay.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexicon

You have ADD or some kind of personality disorder, or who knows what... I dunno, but you're not some "Indigo Child" who's more advanced than the rest of society who will bring about a new age for mankind in 2012 when the world changes resonating frequencies or whatever the nutbars are feeding you, that's for sure.

Who said I was? Did I say I was more advanced than you? Did I mention 2012? and no thanks I don't like nut bars I prefer plain rich cadbury dairy milk chocolate

I also notice parts of the masonic issue throng and other detracters have been many to quickly discount the replies from people agreeing and commenting on their own special personness. With comments "feel the need to belong" and the like..

umm scusy me people. don't you belong to a fraternity? Somethin cos you like to belong? Are you members of any clubs or social groups?

There it is that need to belong. We could always go into the my groups better than your group scenario. Just as these Indigo children believe they are special so do masons, and GD'ers and rosicrucian, and the mormons, the catholics and did I forget the jews? damn.....

I belong to my family and myself. All my children to them I am in the mum club, mums are a part of a worldwide club of similiar like people, they have things in common, called kids. I am a wife, also part of a large club of people and i am a daughter, joining millions of daughters in love worldwide, I am a sister, albeit alone now, my sis is all around me and within me now. I am a friend, I am myself,

ADD? You have no clue do you.
I am not ADD, * chortles * laughs * giggles ..no sir'ee. Nice label, but it doesn't quite fit my size.

ADD? ......sorry this one still has me wetting myself laughing...

oh climbing trees makes me ADD at 38 hahahahahahahaha ok

no climbing trees at 38 is fun, running along a beach, playing in the sand, exploring a forest full of critters. Did you make some law that this is illegal or wrong after a certain age did you?
I musta missed that one.

Doing those things makes me fun for my children, makes my life fun and enjoyable, I get kicks out of sunsets and purple golden dawns I never knew they had a use by date on them.

ADD? ...oh dear still laughing

[edit on 29-8-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
If I may share a bit, DO NOT go to Meta-Gifted or to the Indigo Adults group in Yahoo. It's a business run by Wendy Chapman and her boyfriend Patrick. When she's not trying to sell you counseling over the phone to balance out your chakras she's going on a beg-a-thon on the site to ask for money.

The descriptions you've been reading are from Meta-Gifted and were designed to lure in as many contributors as possible. It's just good business.

Indigos are not here to change the world, they are the change that is occuring in the world. If you are an Indigo you don't have to do a damn thing. Be who you are, follow your heart and you'll do just fine.

Still, I understand if you want to explore this further, just for your own curiosity. If thats the case I know a group that will never ask for money, that will discuss anything you want to discuss and answer any questions you might have. I've known many of them for a very long time and they won't steer you wrong. Here's a link:

Indigos and Crystals

Good luck on your search,

Wupy

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacquio999
And if I told someone I was an "indigo child" they would think I was gay.

To be perfectly fair and honest, I do admit when I first read the thread title I thought...

"So....kid is gay, loves Lilith Fair and Indigo Girls, and wants advice "coming out"? Cool. Got some great people here to advise that stuff"

As it happened, I was wrong. I mixed up my Indigo Girls with my Indigo Children. I'm hopeless.

But the thread was...interesting, nonetheless.

[edit on 29-8-2005 by Tinkleflower]

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   

climbing trees at 38 is fun, running along a beach, playing in the sand, exploring a forest full of critters. Did you make some law that this is illegal or wrong after a certain age did you?

I think the world would be a much better place if so many people had not lost this sense of innocence. We don't need more 'indigo children', we just need more "children" period; a society that examines the world with a childlike sense of awe. If we spent less time being so tense and rigid, trying to never expose any emotion or weakness, or never taking the risk of making a fool of ourselves, I bet there would be a lot less heart attacks and people blowing stuff up all the time.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I also notice parts of the masonic issue throng and other detracters have been many to quickly discount the replies from people agreeing and commenting on their own special personness. With comments "feel the need to belong" and the like..

umm scusy me people. don't you belong to a fraternity? Somethin cos you like to belong? Are you members of any clubs or social groups?

I feel the need to belong, but I don't claim that I have some special difference in my DNA or whatever that makes me some kind of special child to satisfy that need.

ADD? You have no clue do you.
I am not ADD, * chortles * laughs * giggles ..no sir'ee. Nice label, but it doesn't quite fit my size. ADD? ......sorry this one still has me wetting myself laughing... oh climbing trees makes me ADD at 38 hahahahahahahaha ok
no climbing trees at 38 is fun, running along a beach, playing in the sand, exploring a forest full of critters. Did you make some law that this is illegal or wrong after a certain age did you?
I musta missed that one.

Actually, I have ADD myself--I hope you're not making fun of those with that syndrome. I'm quite youthful in my outlook and behaviour. Most of those with ADD eventually learn that it is a blessing in disguise. I could easily claim that I was a special 'Indigo Child' if I believed such silly nonsense. Instead, I simply live my life as I am.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
To return to the original post...

>Am I an indigo Child I need answers HELP

Ok. Perhaps it would help if you had some specific questions?

>I meet all or most of the requirements of that of an indigo child.
>but i'm not sure what it means to be one.

Then perhaps there is no need to to be so worried about it? A label is a label, nothing more. I've not heard of "Indigo" Children until now, but whether we call the idea "Indigo Children" "Star Children" or even "Bob" makes very little difference.

The way I see it...if you really believe that you're here to help raise the frequency of this world, to ease its migration into the next...then maybe you can trust that everything really will be ok? After all...you're one of the ones here to assure that it works out, right?

So relax.

>Is this going against my religion

I'm not sure I understand the question. What do you mean?

>should I tell my parents?

Does it matter?

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexicon
Actually, I have ADD myself--I hope you're not making fun of those with that syndrome. I'm quite youthful in my outlook and behaviour. Most of those with ADD eventually learn that it is a blessing in disguise. I could easily claim that I was a special 'Indigo Child' if I believed such silly nonsense. Instead, I simply live my life as I am.

You accuse me of having ADD syndrome when you don't even know me. You have never met me or seen me interact with those around me. You also accuse me of having a personality disorder. Once again, you have never met me or seen me.

I think by these wanton accusations and quick need to label me, you have done more for making fun of those with the syndrome than i ever could.

Silly nonsense? In who's eyes is this silly nonsense? yours? Once again because this doesn't fit with your notion on how our world should be you call it silly nonsense. I could also say that men who dress in lambskin aprons and carry around set squares and compasses and recite outdated useless ritualistic mantras with red hats on their heads could well be silly nonsense too.

People are so quick to discredit something different to how they believe so fast when they are not armed with full facts. I do suppose it does go against your brainwashed conditioning to believe that just maybe these kids are on to something. Until their DNA is fully tested to see just what is going on, really you do not have a leg to stand on to discredit them. You are not armed with facts and references and reports to debunk this theory so until you do, mayhaps you should define to yourself just what is silly nonsense.

Your outlook is not youthful, in fact you have lost massive touch with the reality of youth today. Your response is that of a shut off closed down conditioned adult, after all, we know you can't teach an old dog new tricks......

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Mayet, I won't bother quoting that rant, why the hostillity? Jeez.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
Silly nonsense? In who's eyes is this silly nonsense? yours? Once again because this doesn't fit with your notion on how our world should be you call it silly nonsense. I could also say that men who dress in lambskin aprons and carry around set squares and compasses and recite outdated useless ritualistic mantras with red hats on their heads could well be silly nonsense too.

Yes, in my eyes, and in the eyes of the entire scientific community. There is zero evidence for Indigo Children. We’re not talking about my idea of how the world should be, but how the world is.

BTW, I’m not a mason.

People are so quick to discredit something different to how they believe so fast when they are not armed with full facts. I do suppose it does go against your brainwashed conditioning to believe that just maybe these kids are on to something. Until their DNA is fully tested to see just what is going on, really you do not have a leg to stand on to discredit them.

Actually, the way the scientific process works is that they (the Indigo Children) do not have a leg to stand on until they can prove the outlandish claims that they’re making. And since these hidden strands of DNA are, well, hidden, they can’t do that any time soon.

Your outlook is not youthful, in fact you have lost massive touch with the reality of youth today. Your response is that of a shut off closed down conditioned adult, after all, we know you can't teach an old dog new tricks......

Now who's speaking about someone without knowing them? In fact, I am very youthful, however, I am also intelligent and skeptical and therefore do not blindly believe crackpot theories. It’s sad if you feel that youth equates to blind belief in unfounded theories.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join