It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK stealth fighter test flights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 08:43 AM
link   
i have heard that at Fort Halstead, the stealth fighter will be going under a few test flights around the south east. Activity has increased around the base and im planning a trip with friends to see for myself. MoD want to see if radar picks the stealth fighter up and to see how the fighter handles in the air. The last tests were in late 2002 and they were happy with its performance. I will keep you updated on this

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I know that the UK had a stealth fighter program but I thought they gave it up, maybe I was wrong.

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
nope, they just hushed it away, afew people have claim to see black triangls with lights, which r like the F1 17a stealth fighter, over here in england

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Why would they want a fighter that was like the F-117 though. The F-117 is a very old design and the airforce has found better ways of achieving stealth that by angles. Just check out the F/A-22, it is more stealthy that the F-117.

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Well UK is partner is JSF-Project.. So could it be JSF prototype test flight? Or does somebody have photos or specs for some other UK "stealht fighter"?

And btw this topic should be at "aircraft projects" section..

[Edited on 30-8-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I dont think they are talking about the JSF. The JSF should look just like any other jet from the ground.

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I saw a black triangle about 5 years ago in norfolk. If flew quietly overhead, one clear night.

I didn't think they were ET's.

Thanks for the post, I look forward to more on this story.

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
PS just a little footnote. Uk have a stealth squadren already. Based somewhere in scotland i think. They have been playing with the F117A as a decoy.
(sorry got no links, but a good friend of mine told me! and i never queestion him if you get my drift
)

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJDOHBOY
PS just a little footnote. Uk have a stealth squadren already. Based somewhere in scotland i think. They have been playing with the F117A as a decoy.
(sorry got no links, but a good friend of mine told me! and i never queestion him if you get my drift
)

thanx for that DJDOHBOY i will have to look into it abit more

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Here ya go gentlemen...amazing how awesome the 'search' feature provided by ATS like so rocks.

The amount of information that gets dumped here at ATS is incrediable.

This thread is brought to you courtesy of 'mad scientist' (for which I wish was more active then he currently is) on 1-6-2003.
Yes, it doesn't deal with the current testing of this/the UK Stealth aircraft BUT it does show what it looks like and some information.
Being the UK is jointly working with the US, among several other nations/countries. The JSF will not be exportable or up for anyone to buy...it will only be exported to those countries/nations that are helping to work on this program. The UK stealth aircraft is a "by-product" of this joint program and UK's involvement. It looks very similar to the JSF and the F-22 Raptor (my opinion anyhow).

www.abovetopsecret.com...

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 30-8-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Btw, did you people know that RAF do pilost fly USAF F-117:s? About since day one of that project, and the F-117 that had its "rudders" blown of by SA-3 over Yugoslavia was flow a RAF pilot.. (Damged F-117.. it was USAF pilot that got shot down while flying into Serb SAM trap..). They Pilot (RAF Pilot..) was given a "victory cross" for saving the aircraft..

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Why do the english like warm beer?
cause lucas makes the fridge electronics.

I wonder how it's gonna go for them? lol

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 10:47 PM
link   
That photo is of the F/A-22. Someone with photoshop just took out the jet. Look at the outline.

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Thats still a cool photo....should size it down and make an avatar out of it....

regards
seekerof

top topics

join