Rumsfeld to meet with Spiderman & Captain America...(yes, it's true)

page: 1
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld meets with action hero Spiderman, left, and Captain America at the Pentagon in Washington D.C., on April 28, 2005. Defense Dept. photo by U.S. Air Force Tech. Sgt. Cherie A. Thurlby

My God, that is a real photo, it's not doctored.
www.defenselink.mil...

Are they trying to appeal to kids or something? Are the war simulator games made by the Pentagon for recruiting drives not attracting enough kids?
www.americasarmy.com...

In Australia (and i imagine most western countries), if our government tried either of these things on, they would be laughed out of town.

Join the army kids, Spiderman says so!

Is this how America plans to win the war and recruit new soldiers?





posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Cptn. America looks like he just # his pants, Spidey should consider wearing an athletic cup to his next photo shoot, and Rummy doesn't look nearly as embarassed as he should, considering he's doing a photo op with two grown men dressed head to toe in spandex.

This just goes to show you, nobody in America ever lost money on bad taste, certainly not politicians, who are practically defined by it.

What a trio of tools.



posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Spidey needs to strap his "package" down next time. This is damn funny though.



posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Speaking of which, what is the republican fascination with watching a couple of 300 pound oiled up muscle men in spandex roll around on canvas?




posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
The least they could do was borrow (or requisition) the cool Spiderman costume they used in the (recent) movies. Also, Captain America doesn't really look like a sentinel of liberty at the peak of human physical prowess.

I think it's funny how Donald Rumsfeld is kind of just standing back, arms behind his back, while Spidey and Cap stand in traditional hero poses.

Cap: "Back off, Rummy, we're running things now".
Rumsfeld: "Can I wear a costume? I could be called Defence Man!"
Spidey: "What? No. My God, that's a worse idea than another Captain America movie".
Cap: "What did you say, civie? Shouldn't you have, like, eight legs or something?"



posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
Speaking of which, what is the republican fascination with watching a couple of 300 pound oiled up muscle men in spandex roll around on canvas?



Since when are Republicans wrestling fans? I'm sure if you took a poll of the typical audience at a professional wrestling show, you'd find that 90% of them have no party affiliation and probably have never voted. The remaining 10% are Democrats as they are recipients of Welfare and don't want to bite the hand that feeds them.



posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
Since when are Republicans wrestling fans? I'm sure if you took a poll of the typical audience at a professional wrestling show, you'd find that 90% of them have no party affiliation and probably have never voted. The remaining 10% are Democrats as they are recipients of Welfare and don't want to bite the hand that feeds them.


I beg to differ



The wrestling demographic is heavily dependent on Middle American Males, most of which are both heavily Conservative politically, and strong supporters of the sitting President, George W. Bush. In other words, JBL as a character is actually quite similar to the WWE’s core audience of Middle American Males and shares many of their views. The idea that a wrestler with this kind of a gimmick could actually get over as a heel when the majority of the wrestling audience is not only Conservative and Republican, but downright in love with Good Ol’ Dubya, is just ludicrous. So, WWE tired to rectify this by making JBL into a rich elitist who was obsessed with his manicures and his day-spas and his New York lifestyle, a stereotype which haunts Liberals, in an attempt to make JBL look hypocritical.


Come on Rasputin, you just love to watch those oily men roll on the mat.

[edit on 17-8-2005 by cargo]



posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Edited to remove Baddies. (I also have nothing further to say)

[edit on 023131p://18082 by MERC]



posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I'm a bit dissapointed they didn't contact Batman either, i mean, he has the skills with dealing with Terrorist bombs:




posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Holy Jewish Hell on Christmas Batman I remember that movie!(Think it was a movie, to long to be a show) Isn't that the one with Riddler, Cat Woman, and Penguin? In the sub and all that?



posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Holy Jewish Hell on Christmas Batman I remember that movie!(Think it was a movie, to long to be a show) Isn't that the one with Riddler, Cat Woman, and Penguin? In the sub and all that?


No, you are mistaken with an episode of The West Wing, that's all.


JAK

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   
For those who want an explanation as to how this photo opportunity came about, see Marvel Comic for Troops.

This has obvious connotations though and, great fan of Spidey as I have been since I was a wee chap, this leaves a bad taste.

Jak



posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   


I'm a bit dissapointed they didn't contact Batman either, i mean, he has the skills with dealing with Terrorist bombs:


Right on! Batman would show those pesky terrorists who's boss, although I suggest the newer, darker Batman over the campy 60s Batman:

Robin: "Holy Mujahideen, Batman! We're surrounded!"
Bats: "No need to panic, Boy Wonder! I'll just reach into my utility belt and give them a blast of my anti-Al Qa'eda spray!"

-SPRAY-

Terrorists: "Cough, cough. Well, that was ineffective ... Kill the kafir scum!"
Robin: "Are we gonna die, Batman?"
Bats: "In sha' allah, Robin. In sha' allah".



posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAK
For those who want an explanation as to how this photo opportunity came about, see Marvel Comic for Troops.

This has obvious connotations though and, great fan of Spidey as I have been since I was a wee chap, this leaves a bad taste.

Jak



Ah, good work finding the connection. I remember Marvel was an official sponser of the US army but didn't know they were going to such pathetic levels. I'm sure soldiers would prefer armor than a comic book.

Lucky the Wiggles aren't US army sponsers, that's probably phaze two of getting the American children used to living under military rule in a life war now they've got the attention of the 12 and overs crowd.

"Hey Kids, sing along, War on Terror, War on Terror"

(Google images comes through again)

Some Quotes

"I feel in my heart that Sgt. Sherrill would still be with us if he had had ballistic windows"
-- Staff Sgt. Brad Rogers, 2113th Transportation Company

"It's sad and tragic that more than two years after the beginning of this war, we have soldiers that are not being provided with the most basic lifesaving equipment that a soldier would need in a battle situation"
-- Rep. Ted Strickland, D-Ohio

"As you know, you go to war with the Army you have. They're not the Army you might want or wish to have at a later time."
-- Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld,

“When you can sit down and read a comic book in the field, any touch of home makes a difference.”
-- Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense Allison Barber

Yeah, good luck with that one Pentagon...



posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Well, I guess it's a little better than what the UK trops are getting, which is a feature length epsode called "Mr Bean goes to war".........





xu

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I read somewhere on this forum that MARVEL is one of the remote sponsors of the iraq war. but I couldnt imagined how they coud contribute. ... until now



posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I think it work better if they said Jessica Simpson had joinned the Army...thats insentive... but Capt America and Spidey ??? hmmm...I dont know



posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Remember This?

Taking on Mideast bad guys -- with super powers

Jalila, for instance, is a Wonder Woman-like hero who defends the City of All Faiths, where Jews, Christians and Muslims coexist peacefully. It is threatened, however, by the terrorist United Liberation Front and the Army of Zios, which the comic book describes as "still clinging to their extreme views, both wanting to solely control the City of All Faiths."






posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
To say that ALL Republicasn are fans of wrestling is the same thingas saying all DEMOCRATS are fans of Men mudd wrestling... who knows... maybe they are



posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah




boy do I miss comic books





top topics
 
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join