It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumsfeld to meet with Spiderman & Captain America...(yes, it's true)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Bush was there as well

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Sauron, thanks
for the picture.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Sauron, You Made my Day!

[edit on 17/8/05 by Souljah]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo

Originally posted by Rasputin13
Since when are Republicans wrestling fans? I'm sure if you took a poll of the typical audience at a professional wrestling show, you'd find that 90% of them have no party affiliation and probably have never voted. The remaining 10% are Democrats as they are recipients of Welfare and don't want to bite the hand that feeds them.

I beg to differ

The wrestling demographic is heavily dependent on Middle American Males, most of which are both heavily Conservative politically, and strong supporters of the sitting President, George W. Bush. In other words, JBL as a character is actually quite similar to the WWE’s core audience of Middle American Males and shares many of their views. The idea that a wrestler with this kind of a gimmick could actually get over as a heel when the majority of the wrestling audience is not only Conservative and Republican, but downright in love with Good Ol’ Dubya, is just ludicrous. So, WWE tired to rectify this by making JBL into a rich elitist who was obsessed with his manicures and his day-spas and his New York lifestyle, a stereotype which haunts Liberals, in an attempt to make JBL look hypocritical.

Come on Rasputin, you just love to watch those oily men roll on the mat.

[edit on 17-8-2005 by cargo]

Cargo-

Come on man. You quoted an EDITORIAL, written by some unknown wrestling fan on one of the trillion professional wrestling websites. I've actually been involved in promoting professional wrestling for most of my life. I know the fan base, and the majority of them are certainly NOT Republican. You can quote all the editorials you want... but what I've witnessed with my own two eyes for the better part of 20 years is NOT a Conservative coalition of wrestling fans.

Furthermore, there is far more to wrestling than WWE and it's fans. While the WWE is the biggest, and most successful, there are hundreds (if not thousands) of independent professional wrestling promotions around the world. And just as the promotions vary in style and substance, so do their fans.

I'm sorry, but to say that the majority of wrestling fans are Republicans is just plain wrong. I think it's time for you to admit that you made up your statistic just to back up a lame joke and finally be able to use that pic from your Windows Desktop Wallpaper. Unfortunately you picked the wrong guy to make that assertion to. It'd be like throwing ficticious "facts" about the Model T at Henry Ford!

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I must add my 2 cents to this thread This is probably the most worthless thread I have seen on ATS in my 2 years of lurking
, I mean 2 years of viewing
i mean 2 years of listening to what others have to type without adding my 2 cents worth. What was the point of this thread again?...Oh yeah...goofy pictures of political leaders....here we go!

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I've actually been involved in promoting professional wrestling for most of my life.

I rest my case.

By the way, you said:

Since when are Republicans wrestling fans? I'm sure if you took a poll of the typical audience at a professional wrestling show, you'd find that 90% of them have no party affiliation and probably have never voted. The remaining 10% are Democrats as they are recipients of Welfare and don't want to bite the hand that feeds them.

First you claim that no republicans are wrestling fans, then in the following post you admit that you are. Make up your mind, Jimmy Hart.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
OMG LMFAO 12 12 2012!

That's what you call avatar material!

Might try it sometime

JAK

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12 12 2012
What was the point of this thread again?...Oh yeah...goofy pictures of political leaders....here we go!

No, I think you'll find that the point was a comment on the almost Hitler youth-esque tactics (not screaming Nazis here a la Godwin's law - just citing for use as an example) it could appear the White House is using to ensure that there will be a healthy batch of soldiers for tommorow.

Like I said previously, this image seems more profound than it might initially appear when some attempt to casually brush it aside.

I think Marvel are great. Spidey has been a hero of mine ever since I can remember. But if you don't believe that this stunt was agreed upon with the full knowledge that it would be a great marketing ploy for kids then you need a good dose of reality to season your next happy meal.

Jak

[edit on 17/8/05 by JAK]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
wrong thread
. sorry.

[edit on 17-8-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hahaha

Thats hilarious, I hope there was'nt anything there to "Arouse" Spidey's interests.

It just looks so weird, some huys dressed as super heroes standing next to an official in a neat suit.

They should have gotten Batman and spiderman.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
how do we know that you didnt just make those images...If they were true they would have been on the news and you woulndt have been the only peroson to find them.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by umwolves123
how do we know that you didnt just make those images...If they were true they would have been on the news and you woulndt have been the only peroson to find them.

A defenselink.mil link was provided in the post that begins this thread. Was kinda hard to miss.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
STRIKE A POSE!

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   
OMG!!! Its spiderman, captain america and CAPTAIN STUPID !!!!
A true family reunion brings tears to my eyes...squish...squish

I always had the feeling the world was run by comic book characters anyway

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
OMG!!! Its spiderman, captain america and CAPTAIN STUPID !!!!
A true family reunion brings tears to my eyes...squish...squish

TRUE!

I really don't know why People Bring Captain Stupid in their Lives...

And I don't understand why
People be bringin' Captain Stupid in their lives
Treating him like a superhero
Glorifying him when he ain't nothing but a superpunk
And you see, you're the one who's gonna have to stop him
'Cause you're the one that started him

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Is it just me, or, in that last picture, does it look like Rumsfeld is checking out Spideys package.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I think he's jealous.
No wonder spidey gets all the girls

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Good find! One day i did some captureing from various channels here in Denmark. The clip is from a major documentary im working on. You will nned eMule or any other ED2K software to get it. Here is the link

Here

[edit on 19/8/05 by JAK]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAK
No, I think you'll find that the point was a comment on the almost Hitler youth-esque tactics (not screaming Nazis here a la Godwin's law - just citing for use as an example) it could appear the White House is using to ensure that there will be a healthy batch of soldiers for tommorow.

Yeah, I think that's pretty clear:

In this one, Spidey seems to be having a little prayer service with the kids in the corner.

Will someone please fix that dreadful long link?!

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Isn't it nice that Captain Stupid and President clown currently run an administration that allows you to take pot shots at the president. In every For godsakes, it is a Marvel convention. I dont see Army recruiters ( but I did see them when I took my son to the GI Joe convention).

"As far as the republicans are wrestling fans, only reason they were represenmted so well in the statistic you provided was the redneck Dem-O-craties were lacking cranial knowledge to fill out the survey cards or didn't have home phones so they could recieve calls becasue They were are all to busy drinking PBR and screwing their cousins...." ....

The above statement is meant to be as ignorant as the post by the republican basher, so I hope the irony sinks in.....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join