It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jahbulon - Masonic god

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
[
removed]

edit on 3/15/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by magnito_student
How can there be a satanic god when Lucifer or Satan,,,whatever you want to call him, she, or it considers themselves "a god"

Didnt the freemasons all over the world (before they were called freemasons) create all religions known to man?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I've out posted on this before:

I read an interesting book called "Workman Unashamed" by Christopher Haffner where the author first starts talking about the very name of God and its start as YHWH leading to the transformation into Jehovah, meaning "Lord" and its applications through the Bible and variations between the different versions of the Bible. Examples is Jehovah Elohim, Jehovah Rohi, and so forth (fascinating read). He then starts on Ba'al and the Bible where he states the following things:

Despite the fact that no Royal Arch ritual uses the word Ba'al...

---

Throughout the Old Testament, the word Ba'al is an ordinary everyday word, with ordinary everyday meanings. It is true that it is used sixty-nine times to represent a Canaanite god or gods, although often not as a proper name, but as a description. It is used as a proper name of other things or persons many times. For Example Ba'al is the name of a city in 1 Chronicles 4:33. In 1 Chronicles 5:5 and 9:36, it is a name of a Jewish person.

It is used even more frequently in combination:

Baal Gad, Baal Hazor, Baal Hermon, Baal Meon, Baal Perazim, Baal Shalisha, Baal Tamar, Baal Zephon, Baalah, Baalath (feminine of Baal), Baalath Beor and Baale are names of towns or places.
Baal Hanan and Baalis are names of kings.
Baal Berith, Baal Peor, and Baal Zebub (Lord of the Flies) are names of gods.

---

However, what is much more significant is the use of baal translated into other words. It is translated as "master" four times...

---

This is very important, as by analogy, Yahweh is the Ba'al of Israel. Another translation is "owner" (twelve times).

---

A third translation is as husband (eleven times).

He then goes on to talk about Stephen Knight's book, The Brotherhood, and debunks much of the Masons worship Ba'al myth:

With disregard for logical thought, Knight makes assumptions about the meaning of the second Royal Arch word which appear nowhere in any Masonic ritual, and then treats them as if they were true. He proceeds to suggest that the words of an obscure sixteenth century demonologist are relevant to twentieth century Masons. Knight is attacking only what his imagination has led him to believe is the meaning of the second word, with no reference the only relevant meanings - those which are explained to every new Royal Arch Mason.
He discusses an interesting theory to the beginning of the Royal Arch and its secret words, and how over time they have been slightly changed in pronunciation.

I don't agree with everything in the book, but it's an interesting read.
edit on 10-9-2011 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Originally posted by Magog
Nowhere in pre-8th degree Masonry?

As has been said countless times before, there is no "god" of Freemasonry. Freemasonry is not a religion, nor does it specify a religion. It just can't be said any simpler than that.

"Freemasonry" refers to the first three degrees, Entered Apprentice, Fellowcraft, and Master Mason... All other "degrees" or "steps" would be attributed to appendant bodies, such as the York or Scottish Rite, Shrine, Grotto, etc. It is not a question of being unaware, or "high ranking" enough (if you are a Master Mason, you've already attained the "highest" degree) as is commonly misconstrued. Most of the North American Masons who participate in this forum are 32nd Degree Scottish Rite Masons.

Justification Monkeys, not just for refuting drivel anymore...

That is all fine and good and condescending, how about the Order of the Golden Dawn which was founded by three freemasons and practices magic.

Just because you say there is no "god" of freemasonry does not mean that you are not all appealing to supernatural powers.

Besides, who gives a flying f' when you can go straight to Thelema the Book of the Law if you really want to do some serious Lucifer worship.

LoL making good men great. ONLY God is great

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I didn't realize the Golden Dawn was a sanctioned, recognized body in Freemasonry.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
I didn't realize the Golden Dawn was a sanctioned, recognized body in Freemasonry.

It isn't and it doesn't have to be.

Freemasons found it, its based of your rituals.

How many threads are you going to avoid this in?

What do you focus your wills on during your rituals?
edit on 11-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

The Golden Dawn is at best Fringe Freemasonry. You can try to misconstrue the facts, but the GD is not a part of Freemasonry and even the slightest imitation does not mean we practice like they do. That is illogical and frankly retarded.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

The Golden Dawn is at best Fringe Freemasonry. You can try to misconstrue the facts, but the GD is not a part of Freemasonry and even the slightest imitation does not mean we practice like they do. That is illogical and frankly retarded.

Basics are basics

What do you focus your wills on during your rituals?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

On doing a good job.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

making good men great. ONLY God is great

I don't know any Masons that would refute that......

Your arguing against something that doesn't exist.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini

That is all fine and good and condescending, how about the Order of the Golden Dawn which was founded by three freemasons and practices magic.

Neither Freemasonry nor the Golden Dawn are religions. So I'm not sure what your point is.

Just because you say there is no "god" of freemasonry does not mean that you are not all appealing to supernatural powers.

Who exactly appeals to "supernatural" powers in Freemasonry, or in the Golden Dawn for that matter?

Besides, who gives a flying f' when you can go straight to Thelema the Book of the Law if you really want to do some serious Lucifer worship.

Lucifer is not found in the Thelemic Book of the Law. That's not surprising though, since Lucifer is part of Christian mythology, and the Thelemic Book of the Law is based on Egyptian mythology.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MaskedAvatar

It is beyond me how it is possible for an organisation that makes it a pre-requisite for members to have a belief in God, refusing entry to non-believers, and then turning round and saying it is not a religion.It is a religion above all religions that uses religious terminology for its members roles and speaks of The Creator is most definitely worshipful of the Great Architect of The Universe. Its roots lie in the multi-God worship of Paganism and the occult and very much is connected to the spiritual world. Those who say it is simply a boys club are in it for the wrong reasons and will remain ignorant drones.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonthebaptist
It is beyond me how it is possible for an organisation that makes it a pre-requisite for members to have a belief in God, refusing entry to non-believers, and then turning round and saying it is not a religion.
Because a religion tells you how to worship God. Freemasonry doesn't tell you how, just says that you should in whatever your religion happens to be. So If "praying to God" for a Catholic involves a lot of kneeling, then that's what a Catholic Mason should do. If "praying to God" involves wearing a kippah for a Jewish Mason, then he should wear a kippah. It is not the place of Masonry to tell you if your faith is right or wrong, or by what name you should call God.

It is a religion above all religions that uses religious terminology for its members roles and speaks of The Creator is most definitely worshipful of the Great Architect of The Universe.
It is an organization without a particular religious dogma, and the religious terminology is really a placeholder for your own.

Its roots lie in the multi-God worship of Paganism
How can you arrive at that conclusion from your above statements? I worship God; the guy next to me worships God. We may not call him the same thing; we may not do it in the same way; but it's clearly NOT multi-God worship.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
jaobulon is a word used during the royal arch ritual. Requires 3 masons who are gripping their own wrist with one hand and each others wrists with the other hand. Sorta looks like kidplay. Bizarre ritual indeed as no one mason is to use the word jaobulon in its entirety. One mason begins by saying "jao" and then there is a break in the sequence as the next mason is silent. This ritual is on youtube anyway the next mason says "bul" and the last mason says "on" and then they kneel while still holding into each other LOL and together they say jehovah. Now as to the word usage their is much speculation. Jao may represent Iao, Yah, Yaldabaoth, Jehovah. Bul is Baal, Bel etc. and On is Osiris. Once again the words used are based on Middle Eastern religion and paganisms. Bible reference to priest of On, Baal, Bel. I was shown one bible translation where I believe Jahbulun is used but the other bible translations use instead "that city" or "city of the craftsmen" I have been trying to find that verse for further research. Also in the bible you can find a verse where it states something like Assyria (bel) is my love, Egypt (on) is my handiwork and Israel (jah) is my inheritance. See I think that Freemasonry is just a perverse twist on the secret inside religion of the middle eastern priesthoods like described in Ezekiel chapter 8.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jonthebaptist

It really isn't that hard to understand. We're not a religion as we don't meet the basic requirements.

We don't interfere with ones faith or how he worships. Nor do we place any additional deities on the member's lap. The requirement that one must have faith (one of few requirements) to join is where the line is drawn and where the fraternities interest in ones faith ends.

You're not really anyone to say if why someone joins is the right or wrong reason.

reply to post by partycrasher

I've posted on this already:

I'm so glad you brought up Baal. I just read an interesting book called "Workman Unashamed" by Christopher Haffner where the author first starts talking about the very name of God and its start as YHWH leading to the transformation into Jehovah, meaning "Lord" and its applications through the Bible and variations between the different versions of the Bible. Examples is Jehovah Elohim, Jehovah Rohi, and so forth (fascinating read). He then starts on Ba'al and the Bible where he states the following things:

Despite the fact that no Royal Arch ritual uses the word Ba'al...

---

Throughout the Old Testament, the word Ba'al is an ordinary everyday word, with ordinary everyday meanings. It is true that it is used sixty-nine times to represent a Canaanite god or gods, although often not as a proper name, but as a description. It is used as a proper name of other things or persons many times. For Example Ba'al is the name of a city in 1 Chronicles 4:33. In 1 Chronicles 5:5 and 9:36, it is a name of a Jewish person.

It is used even more frequently in combination:

Baal Gad, Baal Hazor, Baal Hermon, Baal Meon, Baal Perazim, Baal Shalisha, Baal Tamar, Baal Zephon, Baalah, Baalath (feminine of Baal), Baalath Beor and Baale are names of towns or places.
Baal Hanan and Baalis are names of kings.
Baal Berith, Baal Peor, and Baal Zebub (Lord of the Flies) are names of gods.

---

However, what is much more significant is the use of baal translated into other words. It is translated as "master" four times...

---

This is very important, as by analogy, Yahweh is the Ba'al of Israel. Another translation is "owner" (twelve times).

---

A third translation is as husband (eleven times).

He then goes on to talk about Stephen Knight's book, The Brotherhood, and debunks much of the Masons worship Ba'al myth:

With disregard for logical thought, Knight makes assumptions about the meaning of the second Royal Arch word which appear nowhere in any Masonic ritual, and then treats them as if they were true. He proceeds to suggest that the words of an obscure sixteenth century demonologist are relevant to twentieth century Masons. Knight is attacking only what his imagination has led him to believe is the meaning of the second word, with no reference the only relevant meanings - those which are explained to every new Royal Arch Mason.

He discusses an interesting theory to the beginning of the Royal Arch and its secret words, and how over time they have been slightly changed in pronunciation.

I don't agree with everything in the book, but it's an interesting read.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Despite all of the plausible deniability expressed by the masons here ( they won't even tell the truth under a pseudoname...scary) The royal arch ritual has used jaobulon in that ritual and perhaps after mass revelation they are moving away from it due to masonic fear of being pidgeonholed as polytheistic pagans. research Pike and Hall and I'm sure you will find more than just Jon Ankerberg's video ( anytime its an antimason doing the revealing the mason's cry foul )

OK my point: King Bulon AKA the Khazan, King of the Khazars, area that is modern day Khazakhistan. Converted to Judaism circa 400/500 AD in order to "build" a better empire. The Khazars as a mass converted to judaism so the ashkenazic jews comprise much of the jewish population today.

Any link between Jahbulon and King Bulon? of course the masons are in denial.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by partycrasher
Despite all of the plausible deniability expressed by the masons here ( they won't even tell the truth under a pseudoname...scary) The royal arch ritual has used jaobulon in that ritual and perhaps after mass revelation they are moving away from it due to masonic fear of being pidgeonholed as polytheistic pagans. research Pike and Hall

Hall was not a Royal Arch Mason.

Pike, however, was. And he debunked this stuff.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Masonic Researchers may want to check out www.cephasministry.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by partycrasher
Masonic Researchers Hate-filled bigots may want to check out www.cephasministry.com...
Fixed that for you.
edit on 2011.9.23 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I see no point in why someone would worship a satanic deity. What is the point? Do they feel that Satan is good?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join