It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Plant in Alvin Tx

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
TV News is reporting that a British Petrolem plant had an explosion and is burning in Alvin Tx. This will be the 3rd BP plant to have an explosion and burn in about 4 months. TV news is also roporting there was one injury, and no thret to the people surounding the area. It was said people could feel the explosion 10 miles away.

So does BP have a problem at its plants?
Is there a groop of people working inside BP to cause problems?
Is all this just by chance? Or carelesness?

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I live about 15 miles away. I didn't hear any explosions. These chemical plant explosions are a common thing around here. It does seem strange that BP plants in the Houston area have had 4 incidents in the last 5 months. All of the petro chemicals in the air sure make for some nice sunsets.

www.click2houston.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Pelo,
Not to sure what you mean by a plant exsplosion being a common thing. But it defently has seemed to have happened a lot in the last 5 months. A hole lot more then it has happened in the last ten years or so by my reckoning.
I drive by the plant every day so I will check my odomiter next time and see about how far away it is. I am guessing about 15 miles also.
I never really thought about how all the chems in the air affect the sunstes
I do like a nice sun set. Although I do usually pay more atenchen to the sun rise. I am at work for that one and can offen take a moment to enjoy it.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Plant disturbances in the Houston area (Baytown ,Texas City, Laporte, Dickinson, Alvin) aren't too uncommon. Though after deaths have occured there is always emphasis put on the new problems that would never happen if there hadn't been deaths.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Frosty,
I would like to think that an exsplosion would be something more then a disturbance, but I do understand what you are say that it may not be all that uncommon. I will still just think that a plant exsplosion should very much an uncommon occurance.

Just as an update there has been notification by way of phone that a substance has been found on cars in the area.
they are saying at this time that it is harmless.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Since I have been in the Houston area (about 6 years now), there seems to be an explosion at a chemical plant every few months. I guess when you consider the number of plants in this part of the country, the number of incidents aren't too bad. At least you don't hear about a lot of injuries.

I guess I shouldn't have said explosions were a common occurence, I am just suprised it happens so much.

Tupelo

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Pelo,
I have been in the area for about 10 years or so now. And I am sory to say I do not know the Stats. on how offen a plant exsplodes. I will stick with my origional opinion that they should happen much less then they do.

Thanks for posting

new topics

top topics

join