It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Peter Jennings Dies Aged 67

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Peter Jennings will be missed, he was an inspiration to journalists and wannabe reporters like me all around the world. He was also a very handsome man (one of my first crushes) and I'm sorry he lost his battle to cancer.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
“You gave me life, you gave me news, you gave me courage. Your name was Peter, an angel from Heaven. But you were also an angel of God, and he needed you too. Selfishly, I tried to keep you here, while the cancer ate away your organs, like an unstoppable rebel force. But I couldn’t see you, and I shall see your face, never more…never more…never more…until we meet again in Heaven.”---- Dr Love ripping off De Niro

Rest In Peace Peter, from your favorite "newly brilliant blogger".

Peace

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

A mark of respect for a man who spent his life in search of stories and, more importantly, the truth.

Except of course, when it came to UFO's.... Then his great journalistic skill decides cases like Roswell are a "myth".

Anyhoo...I know I'm differing here in level of remorse.... Another victim of a choice addiction to cancer sticks, etc. I'll just have to respect him for other accomplishments...and get out of my bad mood.

At least he died peacefully and surrounded by family...can't ask for more than that.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
This guy *was* the entire American press for me in the first Gulf War. No politics, no agenda, just the camera, the voice, with the thunder of AA fire in the background. It's easier to forget the recent crap and remember the greatest parts of his career.

Remembering the good times, R.I.P.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
He was my favorite newscaster. I was very found of him and he will be sorely missed.

RIP Peter and condolences and to your family.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Sorry the man died at such an early age. He meant well, but now at least one source of bastardization of the English is gone. RIP

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
He will be missed. A mild mannered man who told the news in a professional way. I'm sorry, Peter. May you rest in peace.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
He was a wonderful journalist and human being. He loved America and became a citizen in 2003, but he loved Canada too, never forgot us and retained his Canadian citizenship.

The CBC has a couple of nice tributes to him:

Remembering Peter Jennings

From tonight's The National:

National on Jennings. Click under CBC Newsworld link to the show. Scroll in 4:24 minutes for the piece.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join