It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Peter Jennings Dies Aged 67

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
ABCNews Anchorman and award winning Journalist Peter Jennings has succumbed to cancer aged 67.

abcnews.go.com
"As you all know, Peter learned only this spring that the health problem he'd been struggling with was lung cancer. With Kayce, he moved straight into an aggressive chemotherapy treatment. He knew that it was an uphill struggle. But he faced it with realism, courage, and a firm hope that he would be one of the fortunate ones. In the end, he was not.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

According to a family statement; Peter died with his family around him, without pain and in peace. He knew he had lived a good life.

[edit on 7-8-2005 by Nerdling]

[edit on 7-8-2005 by Nerdling]

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Already posted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Mr. Jennings,

I didn't usually agree with you, but I always respected you and appreciated what you brought us. Thank you especially for your involvement in the Yellowstone special.

May God bless you and keep you in His merciful love. My prayers to your family.

Good-night, Peter.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
He was 67??? Damn, he looks 50, at most.

RIP

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
According to a family statement; Peter died with his family around him, without pain and in peace. He knew he had lived a good life.

I do not think anybody could ask for anything more. RIP Peter..........

2un

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Sorry to Hear Such Harsh News,

Always had respect for his talent and dedication towards his work, a fine journalist in my opinion.

Rest-In-Peace

2un

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I just heard this, it seems that he died fast after having this, what a sad thing. I like him alot. I thought he was a good newcaster

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
.................and that's an alert because....???????

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I just don`t get it. No disrespect to Mr. Jennings, but what exactly does this have to do with conspiracy? Why is this immediately posted on here while it is breaking news? Is this becoming another website concentrating on current events?

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Wow, this happened fast! I had no idea he was so close to death...

R.I.P. Peter Jennings.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Peter Jennings delivered the news for over 5 decades. He was the poster boy for the self made journalist.

A mark of respect for a man who spent his life in search of stories and, more importantly, the truth.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Sure, a mark of respect. I'm all about it............on another website.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BANGINCOLOR
Sure, a mark of respect. I'm all about it............on another website.

Good for you.

I'm dreadfully sorry I felt I should honour a mans death by letting people know about it in a timely fashion.

You can go back to your midnight heavy news cycle.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
It was only a few months ago that he even announced he had cancer. I had no idea that it was terminal. This comes as quite a shock.

Nerdling your assessment is spot on - he was a true journalist, reporting the facts and in search of the truth. A rare commodity in today's media conglomerates where sensationalism and self promotion seem to reign.

Bleys

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
What's wrong with covering Peter Jennings' death? We cover all this terrorism garbage, so why not this?

Anyway, Peter was the last of the old-school journalists...the ones that have retired or been forced to retire. It's the end of an era. The era of real news as opposed to propaganda.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I was really surprised to here this tonight.

Rest in peace Peter Jennings.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
To all of you that don't believe Peter Jennings deserves an ATSNN.com headline, you're an idiot for a multitude of reasons.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Never liked him much, but he died with dignity, may he rest in peace.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Geesh I heard about this. I was watching fox and the alert came up about cancelling the space ship return. That was like FOX just grabbed my balls and held em in a tight grip. Then right after the Peter Jenning alrert came up and that just tore them off.

I teared up but didnt cry. Im 17 and pretty much grew up watching this guy because ive always been a journalism/news type.

I do not believe any death is painless but I hope he didnt suffer to badly. I can not understand how he went so quickly.

R.I.P Peter. There will never be anyone that can replace you. Get revenge and haunt the cig companies!!!

[edit on 8/8/2005 by AndrewTB]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   
He will truly be missed, I was often more of a fan of Brokaw since he had such an interesting way of speaking, but Peter Jennings was just a great reporter.

This did deserve a mention, however i'm a little surpised to see this come up on the ATSNN headlines, but with no disrespect.

Rest in Peace Peter! I have never finished school and maybe there is hope for me yet! thank you for giving me hope.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join