It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many people rule the world?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
in reguards to jack valintini, would you say that the movie industry, makes movies such as enemy of the state, or indipendence day, or the siege, or any kind of conspiracy movie, to prepare people

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
*disclaimer*

I have no proof of this. this is my opinion.

The best response so far is the 500-2000 guestimate with the S&B, bilderbergers, etc.

But, you can boil any organization down to one person, and I would have to guess that is the best kept secret on earth. If I had to guess, I'd follow the money and name a rockefeller or rothschild.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dillinger
in reguards to jack valintini, would you say that the movie industry, makes movies such as enemy of the state, or indipendence day, or the siege, or any kind of conspiracy movie, to prepare people

Well, the movie industry is still a corporation, they don't really care about preparing people for anything, all they care about is how to make money. They pick movies like those, because they know what people like, fear, or connect with.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Perhaps "conspiracy theorists" who are seeking out "the ones", or "they", or "them" who supposedly rule the world ....

I think you may be elluding to merely the people who try and exact their system (or some system) of control over you. In which case, the only control others have over you, has in effect been granted to them by you.

Therefore, I feel I am not far off when I say:

For you to believe whatever number of people you say rule the world, by your own admission that they rule the world implies no one else on the planet is responsible or accountable for anything.

And if you don't rule the world, it is your unwillingness to accept responsibility for your actions and behaviours that permits you to consciously accept this claim.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

For you to believe whatever number of people you say rule the world, by your own admission that they rule the world implies no one else on the planet is responsible or accountable for anything.

Not true.

By no admission, does claiming that a group of people rule the world, imply that nobody is responsible or accountable for anything. The term rule, in is the since of control. This doesn't necessarily mean absolute control over EVERYTHING, obviously, because humanity has free will, it is impossible to control people. But, in the question of who rules the world, the idea is that these people, have control over governments, or major powers that influence politics, both domestic and foreign, and law making.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar

Not true.

By no admission, does claiming that a group of people rule the world, imply that nobody is responsible or accountable for anything. ....... This doesn't necessarily mean absolute control over EVERYTHING, obviously, because humanity has free will, it is impossible to control people.

"it is impossible to control people"

Who makes the rules?
Rulers make the rules.
Don't rules control people?
Are there costs they are not willing to pay to break those rules?

If people are controlled by those who "rule the world" ......

Then how can one who is being controlled be responsible and accountable for their actions or behaviors?

The person being controlled was not acting upon their will, but were in affect an extension of someone elses intentions, not their own.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Rules do not control people, but hinder and limit the ammount of choices a person can preform without penalties. Hindering free will, and controlling a person with free will, are two dinstinct and contrast entities. One is the direct forcing and overriding of someones own free will (Controlling people.) This means, even if the person didnt want to, they would literally be forced, gun to the head, to do something. The other, restricts and places penalties onto options that a person could do, to reinforce that they shouldnt do it. They can still do what they shouldnt, they arent being forced not to, but there is a consequence for theyre actions.

Just look at our society today, there are plenty of rules against murder, rape, and theft. Yet we still have Murderers, rapists, and theives.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
WolfofWar

Eliquently stated. I can honestly say this has been the most respectful mutual exchange I've experienced thus far on ATS. I thank you for that. I also understand and respect your point of view, nicely stated by the way.

I personally just don't believe conspiracy theorists who believe in some massive controlling group, and imply the worlds infrastructure is manipulated by them, and imply there is nothing anyone else can do.

The world would be a far better place when people learn to accept responsibility for what they have the authority and power to effect.

In other words:
If it is within your ability to do something for the better of others without self serving considerations for yourself,, and you do nothing, you are with those who currently rule the world.

Although I do fully comprehend your point between control and ruling, I feel the person that says "How many people rule the world" can have it both ways. Either others are in charge of it, or not.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
None, zero, 0

Or, all of us, just most of us are unaware of it.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
i HATE TO ACT LIKE A KNOW-IT-ALL BUT I CAN TELL YOU EXACTLY HOW MANY PEOPLE RULE THE WORLD. AND I CAN EVEN TELL YOU HIS NAME. YOU NEVER HEARD OF HIM. HE ACQUIRED 40 SUITCASE NUKES AFTER THE COLLAPSE OF THE SOVIET UNION. HE BOUGHT THEM FROM RUSSIAN SCIENTIST AND MILITARY DEFECTORS. HE HAS MORE THAN 40 OF THEM AND WON'T HESITATE TO USE THEM. HE ORCHESTRATED 9/11 AND SENT THE ANTHRAX TO KEEP THE MEDIA AND THE GOVERNMENT FROM EXPOSING HIM.
OSAMA [ TIM OSMAN] WORKS FOR HIM.
SUITCASE NUKES ARE VERY POWERFUL BLACKMAIL TOOLS.

ONE MAN IS CALLING ALL THE SHOTS RIGHT NOW. FACT!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Well I hope 40 suitcase nuke boy can excersize some of that world domination he has and get your caps lock button to be pressed 1 more time.

[edit on 15-9-2005 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   
WolfofWar and Esoteric Teacher i think your both right if you meshed both your views.

The truth will not be supressed that we are ruled on Earth which Satan himself has free rein it is only a matter of time for that to reach its climax .The Bible talks about this.

Rev.13
[1] And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
[2] And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
[3] And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
[4] And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
[5] And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
[6] And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
[7] And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
[8] And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
[9] If any man have an ear, let him hear.
[10] He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
[11] And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
[12] And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
[13] And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
[14] And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
[15] And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
[16] And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
[17] And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
[18] Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

We are all wittnessing these things drawing nearer every day.

Who rules this world? Satan!!! The deciever,there must be people also that are prepareing for his arrival the stage has been and is being set for Satan to take his Throne of the World where he will confess who he is,as told in the Bible also
But truth has to over come, thats were Christ comes in Christ came to save those who believe that he is the truth the Light and the Way from this deception.

Hitler was like a dumby run to whats coming,believe it before it happens,No better than that,believe Christ is Lord because he deserves it.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FallenFromTheTree

actually their are thirteen head families that control the bank and the lower 300 secret societies

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

WolfofWar is my...and a multitude of others 'Adversary'

WoW, if your still monitoring ATS...
the closest answer is the "300"...
i'm sure you are familiar with that cabal of (self defined) demi-gods

page #2, the 1st post said the '3000'.... yow ! thats a full 1000% inflation

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i'm still wondering why this thread was bumped and by whom ?????
oh, .... ratings.... ain't it an ongoing 'sweeps month' all year long ?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
What we need is names, family names, of the 800 families who rule the world.
We need a flow chart to show how far reaching their influence is... where their money is held, what companies they own, what politicians/political causes they support. We need a
trail tying them to companies, banks, utilities, precious commodities (food, oil, water, gold, diamonds).

We need to see their influence around the globe, and what governments they influence.
Only then can we, as the little worker ants, understand who our oppressors are and what to do next.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

None, zero, 0

Or, all of us, just most of us are unaware of it.

Best simple answer I have heard. I say the latter.

Currently 6,732,973,521 and counting..

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The IMF rule all debts !

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Follow the strings attached to the puppet upwards, and you will discover the puppet master. We need to ID those masters of our universe. Only then do we have the opportunity to cut those strings and live our own lives.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

As much as I appreciate the optimism of the posters above, I can't help pointing out how naive these beliefs are.

In the OP I asked how many people rule the world. I think the enormous gap between what American people want and what US foreign policy actually is serves as a valid example that not everyone of us rule the world. If so, then why can't we even control our own governments?

Why can't we make them accountable for their mistakes, sometimes even committing outright war crimes? (ie. US attack on Fallujah)

A CEO of a huge multi-national corporation (as pointed out by WolfoWar above) or the tyrant of a third world nation does in fact have more power than an average Joe.

Let's not stick our collective heads in the sand people!

[edit on 30/10/08 by ConspiracyNut23]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join