It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many people rule the world?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The definition of “rule” will of course greatly vary, so I should restrict it a bit:

In your opinion, how many people collectively control
1. Food supply
2. Water supply
3. Energy supply
4. Land
5. Money supply
6. Military?

If I miss something vitally needed in controlling the world please post it.

In order to make this interesting all members should begin their post with a number from1 to 6,450,000,000 (6,45 billion= world population).

[edit on 4-8-2005 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Perhap's all the Countries sitting on the UN Security Council - for now. Seconded possibly by the USA and China.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I go into this with my commentary which will be spread out in the Politics section over the next few weeks. But for now, I'd say, it is not so much about how many people, but rather, how many families rule the world. Two main families, outside of the Order of the Garter (Queen of England), are the Rothschilds and Rockefellers. Of course you can throw in the Warburgs, Morgans, et cetera. By the way, Bill Gates, though much money, does not rule the world, He serves those who do, but he himself, count him out. Anyway, do your research and you will find, from the Bank of England, and the families connected to that institution is awfully amazing, in other words, start there, and you will see how well spread out the families who rule the world are. Thanks for your post, Edward

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm really NOT supposed to admit it, but I rule all of Southeast Missouri, part of Southern Illinois, Western Kentucky and a tiny bit of Northeast Arkansas.

I do have to admit, though....I'd readily trade Northeast Arkansas for a used Hyundai.

Food for thought.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by senrak
I'm really NOT supposed to admit it, but I rule all of Southeast Missouri, part of Southern Illinois, Western Kentucky and a tiny bit of Northeast Arkansas.

I do have to admit, though....I'd readily trade Northeast Arkansas for a used Hyundai.

Food for thought.

Watch it....Axeman might take you up on that offer

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
No, but seriously, after you go one or two notch over the politicians of this world, how many persons rule this world ?

Are we talking here, 10,000 persons, 1000 or just 100 or even less ?

What drive them, power, money or they are so bored, this is their toy, their way of passing time ?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golfie

Food for thought.

Watch it....Axeman might take you up on that offer

Well I don't have a Hyundai... I've got a crappy Mitsubishi, but she's my only "mode" of transportation... Tell ya what, my little cousin has a Bigfoot Power Wheels I can score off him, and I'll throw in a sixer of Arrogant Bastard and we can call it even... Whaddya say?

[edit on 8/4/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I'm going to divide your list of six into two groups:
Group A: Food/Water/Land/Money
Group B: Energy/Military

IMHO, Group B is the one that is probably controlled by a very few people, and Group A is probably controlled by many people. I'll try to explain a bit, going through each of your six points. All of these could be argued in many ways, depending on the definition of 'supply' and 'rule' used, amongst other things.

1) Food Supply
Food is something that we can provide for ourselves, by growing crops or raising livestock. People have done it throughout history. Granted, it's a heck of a lot more inconvenient than driving to the grocery store and picking up a few weeks groceries, but its doable. I would say that convenient food is in the hands of a few, but food in general is in the hands of pretty much anyone capable of doing physical labor.
2) Water Supply
Pretty much the same as #1, with additional geographic constraints. Convenient water, i.e the water distribution system, is controlled by a few, but anybody can go down to the river with a bucket and light a fire to boil it. (providing you live near a source of potable water)
3) Energy Supply
Obviously in the hands of a few. Those who own the electrical companies, the oil producers, etc, control the energy supply. If they were to withhold energy, we'd be in big trouble.
4) Land
I suppose this argument could easily be made either way, but I would say land is in the hands of the many. (at least in wealthy countries; it is less so in the poorer nations) A significant portion of the population owns a home and a small patch of land. Of course, there are the few rich people who own massive tracts of land. There is also the government; the reason I say the argument could go either way depends on what land you consider the government to own. Do they 'own' the public land? The entire country, including 'private land?'
5) Money Supply
This could be argued in a number of ways, as well, but I am going to say that it is in the hands of many. Money is essentially wealth, but it is by no means the only measure of wealth, although it is the most significant in our society. Indeed, many societies in history have gotten along just fine on non-cash systems, such as the barter system. The only reason money even has any value is because everyone agrees that it represents something greater than what it is. I mean, money is just pieces of paper and chunks of metal. They have value, certainly, but when they are pressed with the stamp of the mint, they take on a wholly different value. (Which would you rather have, a quarter, or a piece of metal the same weight and shape as a quarter, with no markings?) I see money supply as largely artificially created.
6) Military
Definitely controlled by a few. This one is probably obvious to everyone, but I'll go at it anyway. The military is controlled by a small group of officers at the top, as well as the top politicians, who decide when, where, and if the military is to be used. 'Nuff said.

Since you asked for numbers in your post, I'll throw out a few (incredibly rough!) guesses, out of 6.5 billion.
1) billions (as I said earlier, pretty much anyone who can do the physical work)
2) billions, but slightly less than #1, due to geographical limitations
3) few hundred thousand to a couple million. (that might be way too high, even) Anyone who owns an electrical powerplant, an oil refinery, a coal mine, etc, is going to have a stake in this, but certainly not the average joe off the street.
4) billions, although most just have small pieces to live on, while a few have most of the land
5) hard to say, since its mostly artificially created. Banks, financial institutions, government officials, and the like are going to be included here. Probably similar to #3.
6) depends how high up the command chain you go, but worldwide, including government officials, generals, colonels, admirals, and other big ranks that actually have a say in how the military is used, probably a few hundred thousand.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The answer is almost certainly 42.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Supposedly, 13 families with unusual characteristics and DNA make-up...

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I can't find the link, but I read somewhere that it's about 300 families
considering the major captains of industry, land, and resources.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Committee of 300, CFR, Trilateral Commission, Bilderbergers, Skull and Bones, Freemasons and subsequent chapters and sister organizations of this elite global network that dominates politics, finance and domestic and international business dealings of all types. Add them up and you get probably 500-2000 people in authentic positions of power with the real orders being handed down from a handful of men. Or go one more step and we can say they all get their orders from the devil himself which is most likely the correct answer because their objectives are without argument evil and sadistic done under the auspicies of secrecy.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RebelSaint
Committee of 300...

They still fall under the 13 families ruling...

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Done. And you might consider auctioning off southern Illinois on Ebay, I did the same thing with Mississippi, and made 75 bucks.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Done.

Excellent. I'll get the paperwork drawn up.

And you might consider auctioning off southern Illinois on Ebay, I did the same thing with Mississippi, and made 75 bucks.
Ah! So you openly admit you stiffed some poor soul out of 75 bucks!

I'm not sure I could get that much for Southern Illinois (no offense Golfie)

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwen
Supposedly, 13 families with unusual characteristics and DNA make-up...

Yeah and they're all butt ugly... ugly people with ugly souls...

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Rather amusing, "people" in charge of the world? When are you humans going to get over yourselves? Everyone knows that there is a simian hand guiding the daily trials and tribulations on this lonely rock called Earth. $75 bucks for Mississippi? Heck, I hardly pay that in weekly protection to the Reptilian Overlords... And I get an entire planet.

Iron Fist Monkeys, not just for wearing a velvet glove anymore...

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Done.

Excellent. I'll get the paperwork drawn up.

Blast it! Foiled again!

What's so great about a Hyundai anyways? My Power Wheels gets better gas mileage, and it'd probably hold up better in an accident, too. *grumbles* I bet you'd have done it for a go-kart.

Oh, well. I've still got my eye on Northwest Arkansas, and with any luck I can get a chunk of North Texas, too. Time will tell...

[edit on 8/5/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
~3000

I would say about 3000 individuals and heads of families control the world. (Including Senrak and ML, lol) These 3000 collectively control at least 80% of the world. Furthermore, I estimate a maximum of 10 individuals within these 3000 control 50% of the total wealth.

Keep in mind that these 3000 people are individuals, and they act and think individually. Some are more powerful than others. They may differ greatly in opinion, but they have common goals that keep them united, namely support of propriety rights, corporate rule and intellectual right protection. (copyright, patents etc.)

Please keep in mind that members are encourage to post their personal opinion, and I hope the other members will refrain from attacking an individual poster for their opinion.

Thanks to all those who posted so far. I’d really appreciate if everyone who posed took a guess at this, maybe this will help World population by countries , for example if you believed the US to be a true democracy, add 300 million.

BTW Excellent post DragonsDemesne, you really got me thinking...

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
The true rulers of the entire world who many people would not think of would be Dr. Evil and his little sidekick Minney Me.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join