It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Al-Qaeda Release Warning to UK

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Exactly Seekerof, its condoning the attacks and insiting more violence, but I don't see how in any way this tape claims the UK attacks, like some people in this thread concluded.

its called plausible deniability. never let yer enemy know u did it otherwise they might go after u and destroy all that u built. if u notice that every terrorist attack, Osama or Al Zawahiri or one of their spokesperson that represents Al Qaeda would make a video praising those attacks. they would say good job to their followers but wont say they did it. they learning not to attract attention and make people aware of how dangerous Al Qaeda still is.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Ok then.. This is why the attacks take place, we are going to start blaming someone for hiding Bin Laden....

What makes you think that Bin Laden is not being protected and hidden by someone or a country, such as Iran, or Pakistan, or the mountain tribes of Pakistan, who btw, have supported Bin Laden and the Taliban for quite sometime?

Ok when this 1st went down that Bin Laden was in Afganistan, The Taliban stated, If you give us hard proof that Bin laden was behind 9/11. The US never showed that proof, and instead went in and did absolutely nothing exept get people killed.

Cause if you think this is a good way of doing things, I can say you stole my car, without proof or anything of that nature, I can have the police arrest and jail you for no reason what so ever. Only reason is cause I think you did it.

As for the Bin Laden tape claiming they were responsible for 9/11 can you show me without a shadow of a doubt that the moron in that video is in fact Bin Laden?

[edit on 8/4/2005 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Deltaboy, erm, you saying Al-Quada isn't already the number 1 terrorist group everyone should be looking for? And Osama and Zarkawi aren't the number 1 terrorist leaders the whole world is supposed to be looking for?

Plausible deniability my ...

Plausible deniability is something for politics, if the goverment says Al-Quada did it, AQ doesn't even need to put out a tape saying anything, the public will repeat, AQ did it.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
So another "Brave Fighter" has posted another message. Same old crap same old story. Who cares its getting old. If your so brave come and fight us man to man instead of hiding in your caves? Ohh cos then you might actually have to bleed for your cause and why do that when others are doing it for you?

These guys don't scare me one little bit. Thousands die in Africa every day and no-one gives a sh**. Some pissant terrorist says he doesn't like the West and the media goes insane. I think you can either listen to people like this and live your life in terror or you can ignore these guys and live a long and happy life which is what I intend to do. This islamofacist fad will die out like most things. In a few year who knows what thing the media/those in charge will find to try and scare us with.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by enslaved83
So another "Brave Fighter" has posted another message. Same old crap same old story. Who cares its getting old.

It's getting a bit like that. Your generation of Xbox, Reality TV and Keanu Reeves movies are getting restless. Yawn. Just another beheading.

Have you noticed though? No more beheadings, not that we know of anyway. I tell ya, these terrorists are media savvy, they listen to you guys. I can see a bunch of them now, sitting in their cave infront of a black board, with their slicked back ponytails poking out of their towels....they are watching the market....and they are coming up with something NEW, something BIG, something SHINY.

And once again, all you kids will be drawn right back in.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

If your so brave come and fight man to man instead of hiding in your caves? Ohh cos then you might actually have to bleed for your cause and why do that when others are doing it for you?

That would have to be the first time I've heard the White House offices referred to as "caves".

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Thickhead:

Ok when this 1st went down that Bin Laden was in Afganistan, The Taliban stated, If you give us hard proof that Bin laden was behind 9/11. The US never showed that proof, and instead went in and did absolutely nothing exept get people killed.

Erm, first off:

...the Taliban seized power in Kabul in 1996 by military conquest that was never ratified internationally. The UN never agreed to seat an ambassador from the Taliban "government." The pre-existing government of Afghanistan kept the seat in the UN. Only three other nations recognized the Taliban government, and all three de-recognized it after the attacks of 9/11 (two pretty quickly, the other took longer).

"Afghanistan's legitimate government retreated to the north and became known as the Northern Alliance. The Alliance retained physical control over about one-third of the country throughout the tenure of illegal, illegitimate reign of the Taliban. The war that American waged in Afghanistan was to restore the country to the full control of the legitimate government and expel the non-state actors who had seized most of the country from the legal government."

Source

As such, this was the view widely held by the US and the UK, among other nations, which made their [ie: the Taliban] demands for proof irrelevant, being they were not the "legitimate" government. Again, this was the current view and thinking of the Coalition, whether incorrect or not.
Secondly:

Afghanistan's Taliban militia is insisting that its controversial "guest," Osama bin Ladin has disappeared. A Taliban spokesman told Reuters news agency that the Taliban had no idea where bin Ladin had gone, but that he had not been forced to leave. "We still don't know anything about his whereabouts, but we have never told him to leave."

Bin Ladin's disappearance comes less than a week after the United States reiterated its calls for the Taliban to extradite him to face trial in the U.S. for his part in the U.S. embassy bombings last August. Last week, President Clinton's special adviser on Terrorism, Richard Clarke affirmed the right of the United States to take military action against nations that willingly provided safe haven for known terrorists. Many see this announcement as being directed specifically at the Taliban.

The Taliban again rejected the American demands to extradite or expel bin Ladin, who is regarded as a hero by many in the Arab world. In an apparent effort to appease the United States, the militia announced last Wednesday that bin Ladin's communication equipment had been confiscated, and that he was under constant surveillance. The U.S. State Department dismissed these restrictions as meaningless.

Source

As such, what this 1999 incident proves is that the Taliban would never have handed Bin laden over to the US, despite the "if" in the US giving such evidences, Thickhead. The Taliban would have continued to waffle and flip flop, much like Mr. Kerry and some of the current Democrat US Senators do now.

As for the Bin Laden tape claiming they were responsible for 9/11 can you show me without a shadow of a doubt that the moron in that video is in fact Bin Laden?

Your a smart guy, let your fingers be your guide and utilize the ATS search feature. More than enough discussion on Bin laden accepting or not the responibility for 9/11.

seekerof

[edit on 4-8-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace

If your so brave come and fight man to man instead of hiding in your caves? Ohh cos then you might actually have to bleed for your cause and why do that when others are doing it for you?

That would have to be the first time I've heard the White House offices referred to as "caves".

LOL soooooo sooooo true. Very sharp wit you have there

[edit on 4-8-2005 by enslaved83]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This latest video proves what a spent force Al-qaeda is - i'll give Bin-Laden and his crew their dew - they talk a good fight, but thats it. For all their talk of driving the infidels of muslim soil etc etc they haven't managed to muster up a single attack on the US since 9/11, even the london attacks were orchestrated by no more then a group of dillusional brits (with no links to al-qaeda).

Since Al-qeada legged it from Afghanistan all they have is poor media control to wage their war - but now even Zachawi is getting more publicity then Bin-laden. He's becoming like some idiotic cartoon character trying to take over the world, he's a threat - granted, but he's nothing compared to the countries he's trying to wage war against. When you look at his strategy too it becomes apparent that he's not very bright either, he has the military skills of dads army and the political foresight of screaming lord such!

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Excellent Post. Now I'm looking at the news agencies too. Old Binny his people still try to master terror in the minds of people before anything actually happens.

Perhap's on future terror related threads we can show not just the name of the person sending out terror warnings but what Country their from..?

Dallas

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
**quote:
Ok when this 1st went down that Bin Laden was in Afganistan, The Taliban stated, If you give us hard proof that Bin laden was behind 9/11. The US never showed that proof, and instead went in and did absolutely nothing exept get people killed.**

I'm sorry but that is absolute rubbish, the way that war was fought saved countless lives - a minimal amount of troops were deployed and instead MI6 went through and used alot of the old contacts built up before and during the soviet campaign. After a few days of softening the Taliban up with air raids, MI6 and the CIA (armed with little more then wads of cash i might add) pulled the right strings with the right war lords at the right time. What happened next was the consatina (sp) effect, the Taliban folded like a pack of cards and couldn't run away quick enough. This tactic saved an untold amount of innocent lives, infact, it was one of the most successful intelligence run wars in history. It worked perfectly.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Could this tape be a signal for the launch of an August 6th Hiroshima Anniversary nuclear attack on US soil?? Attacks often follow these messages from al Qaida leadership within weeks.

The fact is, ever since I read about "America's Hiroshima," and even well before that the thought of an attack dwarfing 9/11 has been in the back of my mind. I live right across the river from Philadelphia, in New Jersey, which is supposedly one of their targets for a nuclear attack. Assuming I even survive such an attack, I don't know what I'd do. I guess its about time to get off my lazy butt and start making contingency plans!

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
When the IRA use to bomb parts of London it was about the Irish vs the British government and it was done by Irish people, fine great.

But these new acts of terrorist are done by people who come from all parts of the world and have one thing in common Islam. Britain is not at war with Islam but Iraq. I have not seen many Iraqi nationals doing the bombings lately as they would be the first to do so for the revenge of the invasion of one own country. A majority any way prefere the new way without Sadam.

Its Muslims in Britain who do not like the fact we are using democracy to replace Islamic law, yet all these Muslims have such pride over Sadam and his Islamic law and yet they live across Europe, a complete opposite of their laws and religious traditions which they are willing to put up with. Guess where they come from led them to Europe because their Islamic law did not provide the benifts places like the UK are willing to give.

Who are these terrorists fighting for, Islamic law, myrterdom or hate against the West. To me its about hate againsts the West full stop because we are not closing down Islam in Iraq just bringing fairness to vote because people Like Saddam would kill you if you said anything against him and he used children to spy on their families if they opposed him. Yet no other Islamic country was going to bring him down so they let him torture his way upwards for 30years. Did not the Iranians or Saidis, Morrocans, Tunisians, Lebansese or any Islamic country have the peace they preach the power to overthrow such a tyrant? No so they let the big guns do it for them. As the heart of the West said we can do it because all the other nieghbours just watched for the last 30years doing his killings. Muslim extreamists and terrorist organisations could not unite against Sadam's wrongful ways and yet they can to kill innocent people on a mass level. Suppose they are no different from Sadam as even he was a terrorist against his own people.

And people who preach such hatred should shave their beards and take there terbin type hats off because according to Western Muslims they are not real muslims.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by The time lord]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Conspirator
I'm sorry but that is absolute rubbish

Ya, just like the war in iraq is because of 9/11 or WMD or whatever tf you wanna call it right???

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

I'm sorry but that is absolute rubbish

Ya, just like the war in iraq is because of 9/11 or WMD or whatever tf you wanna call it right???

No, wrong. You completely miss the point on what groups like Al-qaeda are fighting for. The war in Iraq was designed to stop groups like Al-qaeda from gaining the upper hand and obtaining the materials in the first place.

lets run with your way of doing things for a minute - we ignore Iraq and other unstable regimes and Al-qaeda obtain nuclear material. How would you then deal with the situation?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
he died under a pile of rocks, and no one bothered to dig up the hamburger...
nuff said? Otherwise, he would have made an appearance at some time recently with another "kill the infidels" speech...

he is gone, so now on with extremist number 2

I am not worried about threats like these... they have cried wolf too many times...
instead of worrying, how about we do something...

How bout we throw our extremists and there extremists into a huge pit, and let them kill each other off...maybe even get a pay per view deal...

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
How bout we throw our extremists and there extremists into a huge pit, and let them kill each other off...maybe even get a pay per view deal...
'

That's the best idea I've seen since Thunderdome. Problem being that we would lose about 1/2 of the regular posting members in the WoT forum.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well i think all in all the threats will be watched closley, The Video as of yet did not say they caused the bombings, but what we do have to watch is that this is not some rally cry for other home grown terroists.

And in true british spirit a number of tomorrows news papers have a note for the terroists *Get back in your cave* i know the sun amoung others will be carrying such headlines..

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

No, wrong. You completely miss the point on what groups like Al-qaeda are fighting for. The war in Iraq was designed to stop groups like Al-qaeda from gaining the upper hand and obtaining the materials in the first place.

lets run with your way of doing things for a minute - we ignore Iraq and other unstable regimes and Al-qaeda obtain nuclear material. How would you then deal with the situation?

So let me get this straight now. You are saying that we went into Iraq because he was running Terrorist organizations there??

From what I understand is Saddam had nothing to do with Bin Laden, it has also been shown that Bin Laden tried contacting him to no avial.

Next I dont give a rats ass what media puts out what bs, fact of the matter is, These muslim extremists are not the ones that are causing this. Look at you own home 1st before you start complaining about someone else doing something..

Abe Lincoln once stated that something that has been hit on our land had to come from within, not from abroad.. So we need to seriously think what he stated there.. cause Bin Laden had nothing to do wit this as much as Santa has much to do with Christmas.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Going back to the warning:
You get these people from the middle east saying all these things, they know something is going to happen so they chance it with words and when it does they claim their victory.

They can claim their strengh and organisation as being powerful. The fact is they are not as powerful any more a when they mix hatred in words it inspires young Muslims to do the bombings anyway so when they do they can put their hands up and say it was them. The shadow is larger the object I believe. The only connections they have is inspiration in suggestion to attack certain areas, so when the propaganda is fuelled by the media the random unorganised cells will imerge.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join