It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Al-Qaeda Release Warning to UK

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Al Jazeera satellite channel has shown a new video by Al Qaeda warning of fresh attacks on the UK. Ayman al Zawahiri, Osama Bin Laden right hand man, warns Britons that Blair will bring "more destruction" to us.

www.sky.com
Al Zawahiri warned Britons that Prime Minister Tony Blair's policies will bring more destruction to London.

He said: "Blair's policies will bring more destruction to Britons after the London explosions."
"Blair has brought to you destruction in central London, and he will bring more of that, God willing."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Also note, CNN is reporting that the Video also states of fresh warnings to America aswell. But this news is still breaking and is coming out slowly from the Reuters news agency.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by John bull 1]

[edit on 4-8-2005 by John bull 1]

[edit on 5-8-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
im trying to find a transcript of the video,

ill look around..

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Wait a minute, I thought Al-Qaeda had nothing to do with the 7/7 and 7/21 UK attacks?

seekerof

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Ya know if the Bush cartel and their lapdog Blair had actually made the effort to go after Bin Laden & company instead of blowing their load all over Iraq, things would have much better but no the shrub had such a hard on over Iraq he just had to do it and damn the consequences...fool!

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Wait a minute, I thought Al-Qaeda had nothing to do with the 7/7 and 7/21 UK attacks?

seekerof

thats what i thought...

Unless they are just claiming it.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Interesting that you would assert such, grover, all this time I was under the impression that acts of terrorism weren't happening prior to the invasion of Iraq or Afghanistan?
*smacks forehead*

Correct me if I am wrong here, k?

[/end sarcasm]

seekerof

dom

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
But just remember boys and girls. Tony Blair says that 7/7 has *nothing* to do with Iraq! So this message must be a fake!

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Grover, this is the News Forum, keep it clean man.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Interesting that you would assert such, grover, all this time I was under the impression that acts of terrorism weren't happening prior to the invasion of Iraq or Afghanistan?
*smacks forehead*

Correct me if I am wrong here, k?

[/end sarcasm]

I never said that and you know it...I said that if they had actually made the effort of going after Bin Laden and company full tilt bozo instead of getting distracted and going into Iraq, things would be much better.

I dispise bush but I have always said that after 9/11 instead of going all public and saying we're coming after you Bin Laden, Bush should have kept his mouth shut, made their plans quietly and privately told Afghanistan and Pakistan that they either helped us or they got out of our way because we were going after Bin Laden and that if they interfered, that was their responsiblity for what happened. But NOOOOO!!! Bush just had to do his old west wanted dead or alive routine and played his hand, then after what 6 months started diverting men and resources toward the invasion of Iraq so now what do they have in Afghanistan, 15,000 to 20,000 troops to hunt for Bin Laden...I.E. nothing... better to have sent in a swat/hit team of seals and been done with it.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Also note, CNN is reporting that the Video also states of fresh warnings to America aswell. But this news is still breaking and is coming out slowly from the Reuters news agency.

well considering that publicn support in America for the Iraq war is diminising day by day, bush's approval rating are dropping and even Fox news are critisising the administration over Iraq I'd recommend our american friends over there prepare themselves for the inevitable terrorist attack.

I hope I'm wrong but we all know what happened in 2001 when bush's approval plummetted don't we. It looks like the sheep have wondered away from the shepherd and they need a little reminder of why they shouldn't think for themselves.

Take care, be vigilant and I hope none of you are killed for bush's oil buddies war.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
What is it with Al Jazeera? It seems to have a virtual monopoly on Al Qaeda audio and video issuances.
Voices have in the past clamored for it's shut down, but I would hope that the much vaunted Western Intelligence services are monitoring every electron of data going to/from Al Jazeera's offices.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Bush just had to do his old west wanted dead or alive routine and played his hand, then after what 6 months started diverting men and resources toward the invasion of Iraq

dont forget to mention that at the end of those six months bush also stated he wasnt looking for bin laden, didnt know where he was and didnt care about him either - nice one bush

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Well it's no surprise to me, it's interesting that the message is not from BL but from this other guy.

Certainly I would have expected Al-Q to claim the London attacks earlier, but, the thing is that the way that these people operate, there really isn't a clear chain of command. That's why it seems to hard for us to figure out how to dissect their organizations, because they are so scattered.

Al-Q really is just the spiritual guiding force preaching their edicts and helping their "brothers in jihad" get an ideological direction as to what to do. After that it's really up to the terror cells to figure out what to do specifically.

Al-Q can really claim to be the root cause of the ideology, but yet not really be in direct control of the operations.

What I can't understand is how we cannot seem to trace where these videotapes keep coming from!

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Here's a transcript of the video:

timesonline.co.uk
"Blair has brought to you destruction in Central London, and he will bring more of that, God willing.

"As for you, the Americans, what you have seen in New York and Washington, what losses that you see in Afghanistan and Iraq, despite the media blackout, is merely the losses of the initial clashes.

"If you go on with the same policy of aggression against Muslims, you will see, with God’s will, what will make you forget the horrible things in Vietnam and Afghanistan.

--snip--

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Another Timesonline Article

Today's recording will be intended partly as reassurance to al-Qaeda's admirers that its leaders are still at large, and able to comment approvingly on recent events in the sporadic campaign of terror attacks by extremists on Western targets.

The reference to the London bombings suggests that the tape was made in the last four weeks. It is not clear if the senior al-Qaeda leadership still has any practical input into plans for future attacks by the plethora of terror groups that claim affiliation to it.

In the last 12 months, the mantle of leadership has appeared to pass to the Jordanian militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, who claims to co-ordinate the bloody insurgency in Iraq.

And i found the timing of this Australian security update interesting.

Australia 'right to be nervous'

After four years of cautioning Australians to "be alert, not alarmed", Attorney-General Philip Ruddock concedes the country should be nervous about the potential for a terrorist attack on home soil.

As Opposition Leader Kim Beazley said an attack on the power supply or communications network was possible, Mr Ruddock agreed Australians were justified in feeling nervous.
"I think they should be (nervous) because when you know we've been targeted and our interests have been targeted on as many occasions as they have, it'd be naive to believe that those intent on doing harm don't still have it in mind," Mr Ruddock told Channel 9.

His concession came after Australian Federal Police Commissioner Mick Keelty confirmed about 60 suspected Islamic extremists were operating in Australia.

Article
Does the Australian government know more than they are "letting on"?

Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Guys, how does this "claim" the london attacks?

Hes saying the UK and US can keep expecting attacks, but so far I haven't seen anything claiming that Al-Quada was behind the attacks.

They are condoning the attacks and saying you can expect more.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Ya remember 9/11 when Bin Laden got on TV and claimed he had nothing to do with 9/11 around Nov or something. Then in Feb this big fat out of shape looking guy.. I guess someone we are suppost to belive is Bin Laden stated that they had Everything to do wit 9/11.

So let me ask you something??

What makes you think this is by Bin Laden's Crew???

There is never any proof there is. Let us recall why we took Afganistan.

Does anyone remember???

Ok then.. This is why the attacks take place, we are going to start blaming someone for hiding Bin Laden, They will state we want proof, then will be attacked by either Blairs crew or the US... Take your pick.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
ThichHeaded:

What makes you think this is by Bin Laden's Crew???

What makes you think that I believe that Al-Qaeda was behind 7/7 and 7/21? Hence my asking what I did?

Ok then.. This is why the attacks take place, we are going to start blaming someone for hiding Bin Laden....

What makes you think that Bin Laden is not being protected and hidden by someone or a country, such as Iran, or Pakistan, or the mountain tribes of Pakistan, who btw, have supported Bin Laden and the Taliban for quite sometime?

This Al-Qaeda tape is a message for further incitement and acts of terrorism abroad. The tape is not saying that they are the ones behind the 7/7 or 7/21 UK attacks, like they were 9/11. The tapes main purpose is to get amateurs or other terrorists groups/cells to act with further acts of violence and terrorism.

seekerof

[edit on 4-8-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Exactly Seekerof, its condoning the attacks and insiting more violence, but I don't see how in any way this tape claims the UK attacks, like some people in this thread concluded.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Im not crying conspiracy,

but that video has very good quality for Al Qaeda standard's, their videos tend to be very poor.

must of gone up in the world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join