It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS's Offical Transformers The Movie Thread

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:
SR

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This movie is going to rock i cannot wait for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope Micheal Bay makes a sequal because i cannot imagine it being bad after all the short vid's on youtube and the leaked script is alright
Is anyone else going to buy the action figures that come out? You know you want a brand new sexy megatron lol!

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I don't know, the movie toys I've seen haven't looked too good.
The Transformers Classic line impresses me even though I don't collect that stuff.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SR
This movie is going to rock i cannot wait for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope Micheal Bay makes a sequal because i cannot imagine it being bad after all the short vid's on youtube and the leaked script is alright
Is anyone else going to buy the action figures that come out? You know you want a brand new sexy megatron lol!

I remember watching some clips on the web of 2 guy's (either producers or one of them may have been Micheal Bay).
Anyway they got to talking about how they are mixing the different generations of transformers in the movie, then they got talking about how they are going to bring more characters (old and new) into the sequals so there is sometihng for every transformer fan.

They did say the word TRILOGY but before that they need the dollar from the first movie.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The funny thing about the toys is I bought an Optimus Prime for my 10 y/o nephew which said "for ages 5 and up", but it took me, a 35 y/o, a freakin' hour to figure out how to transform the damn thing.

Peace

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Wow. I loved this movie. The Autobots were so awesome. I loved seeing them together on screen.
Jazz was totally my favorite.
The little bit og dialog between Megatron and Starscream was cool

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
OK, I saw it yesterday and it definitely deserves 4 out of 4. Two tiny complaints, first was the kid sitting next to us who had to repeat every word that was said on the screen. I know you're excited kid and I know you're going to pee your pants, BUT I'M TRYIN' TO WATCH A FREAKIN' MOVIE HERE!!!!! My other little tiny complaint was they didn't use the transformation sound from the cartoon enough. The transforming sounds better that way IMO.

The special effects are rivaled only by Spielberg's bringing a T-Rex to life. The movie on the whole was a masterpiece. It was smart, funny, and emotional in some parts.

So who takes over for Megatron, I forget?

Peace

[edit on 5-7-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

So who takes over for Megatron, I forget?

Peace

[edit on 5-7-2007 by Dr Love]

In the original animated movie Unicron turns a near dead Megatron into Galavtron.
Doubt anything like that will happen in the sequel.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Does anyone know weather sector seven in the movie was a name reference to final fantasy 7? Also did anyone else love that line at the end?

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I saw the movie today...And I was blown away!!!!!!!!!!! 10 thumbs way up!

This has to be the best scifi-fantasy I have seen to date. I can't wait for the follow ups. I'm sold hook line and sinker. I'm so glad that I have gotten to see a movie that I wished for when I was like 12. 23 year wait was well worth it! I thought the government sealed lip aganda was great! I sorts got the feeling that this movie took some direct shots at the government cover-up. I read what others said from Wed. up to now and after having seen the movie now. I can say that there are some very hard under lining shots taken at our government regarding aliens?

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I'm so blown away I double posted

[edit on 6-7-2007 by tsloan]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsloan
I saw the movie today...And I was blown away!!!!!!!!!!! 10 thumbs way up!

This has to be the best scifi-fantasy I have seen to date. I can't wait for the follow ups. I'm sold hook line and sinker. I'm so glad that I have gotten to see a movie that I wished for when I was like 12. 23 year wait was well worth it! I thought the government sealed lip aganda was great! I sorts got the feeling that this movie took some direct shots at the government cover-up. I read what others said from Wed. up to now and after having seen the movie now. I can say that there are some very hard under lining shots taken at our government regarding aliens?

I definately felt the same way, at government ufo secrecy and bush even. I wish we could connect to the people on here who watched it already and see if they got the same impresion. But i feel they were jabbing at it.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Found some set pics of the vehicles

www.aintitcool.com...

Does everyone notice that on the "cop car" pic that the saying on the back quarter pannel insted of saying "To Protect and Serve" it says

"To Punish and Enslave"

I caught that while seeing the movie.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
i just got back from seeing it and i saw that on the cop car....it was a great movie. i loved it.
prime was the shizz.
i'll be seeing it again at theaters.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Does anyone know at the end with the interview at the end was an intentional jab at the government about aliens? Or do you guys think the parents already know about bumblebee? Or could this movie be or not be alien propaganda?

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
As a girl who only was able to watch the cheap japanese knockoff that sucked of transformers (but I did play with my brothers transformer toys as a kid. Freakin getting thsoe bastards back into car mode was a joke!!)...

I LOVED THIS MOVIE!!!!!!

I was totally amazed with this movie, it was so great! Best movie Ive seen in quite a while. I wasnt expecting to be impressed, but the moment the movie started I was hooked! The humor was very well done, and the action scenes were to die for! I loved the detail the autobots had, and their movments were seemless and total eye candy to watch. Seriously, I could go on and on....but bottom line, this movie is my new favorite movie. And all my girl friends thinks im crazy, but I dont care! Transformers is awesome.

I also noticed the cop car slogan. Did anyone else notice the jabs at 90's toys? the girl holding the my little pony stuffy, and in the city where one of the transformers knocked over a furby truck?

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nisurastar
Did anyone else notice the jabs at 90's toys? the girl holding the my little pony stuffy, and in the city where one of the transformers knocked over a furby truck?

Yeah, those were product placements. My Little Pony and Furby are properties of Hasbro, which also owns Transformers.

I loved the movie but to be honest it can be broken down into a 144 minute marketing machine.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   
if you are not a fan do you appreciate the movie, hm I dont know if you didnt know about Megatron and Starscream relationship you dont get their mini dialog just think if you are not a fan is not a good movie, awesome visual effetcs but not much more

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I have seen the movie 3 times as of today. And I can't get over the effects. I guess I'm just a scfi-fantasy nerd but this was a dream come true when I was a 12 year old boy. Not many people get to see their dreams come true. But as corny as this sounds I always thought about a live transformer movie and all i can say is Thank You to Bay and company for bringing a child hood dream to life.

Good job

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Overall, I liked the movie....

But,

My other little tiny complaint was they didn't use the transformation sound from the cartoon enough.

Totally agree...

Other thing was that as the robots were like 80% machine guts, and only 20% colored body panels, it was REALLY hard to make out what was what during combat scenes....

Would have been cool if Soundwave (assuming he was the boombox) actually had the little tape robots.....

The girl playing the love interest? Damn that scene when she's looking under the hood is burned into my memory....
Hot as hell....

And of course...we had to put up with Michael Bay's tendancy to get WAY off the point of the movie for a scene or two...

Only other thing...they needed to use the old theme music, though John Williams-ized....

Overall though, a pretty decent flick, that really didn't dissapoint....

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I went to the premiere, only regret is too many advertisements displaied in this movie.

[edit on 13-7-2007 by emile]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join