BTS's Offical Transformers The Movie Thread

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I don't know about the rest of you but I'm foaming at the mouth over this one. I loved this cartoon as a kid and I can't wait to see how Steven Spielberg and Michael Bay are going to pull this one off. A live-action Transformers movie......... nuff said!!!

www.transformerland.com...

Peace

[Mod Edit - title]

[edit on 5/8/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I can't wait. So far I've heard the movie will follow G1 characters and will be respectable to the Transformers mythos.

I am interested to see what Megatron will be like. I doubt he will transform into a hand gun.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Fantastic.

If this film is crafted with care - it has the potential to be amazing. GLad to hear they're going with Generation 1 and that Soundwav is set to be involved. Thats Megatrons righthand!!!!

They've certainly picked two capable men - Spielberg and Bay - but will this turn into artistically crafted masterpiece or a corporate-driven-make-all-you-can and appeal to the little kids movie? Quality or Commericalization will be the median in this movie.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Why so long, I dont want to wait till o7, please someone get a bootleg.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I can see (or hear) the trailer now. We're going to be teased with the sound of the robots transforming and that's it. That sound is going to elicit a Pavlovian response from fans.

The article said that Hollywood's best talent will be involved. Could this be another Tom Cruise project? It's hard to see that but anything's possible I guess.

Peace

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
This is great! Can't wait! Now they just need to get going on the live action GI Joe flick.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Now I love the Transformers (expecially the Dinobots) as a kid, but I don't see how they can actually pull this off in a respectible way. I hope that I'm wrong, but I sincerely doubt it.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I've found a clip of an interview with Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman (writers on the Transformers movie). They get into some details on the up coming movie.

Video
They start the interview about Zorro but it moves over to MI:3 and the clip is mostly focused on Transformers.

Here is a transcript if the vid wont load for you.
transcript

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
They're trying to get the original voice-overs...............that's cool!! I forgot, what generation was Starscream? That's one they might definitely have to get the original voice for. That screaching voice probably took ten years off the guy's life.

Peace

edit: At least I think it was Starscream who had the real high pitched screaching voice, I could be wrong.

[edit on 18-10-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
You know, there is no reason not to get the old voices.

Peter Cullen who did the voice of the original Optimus Prime is an accomplished voice actor with lots of credentials.
Here is a selected look at his filmography.

He was the voice of K.A.R.R in Knight Rider.
Vocals for the Predator in the original Predator movie.
He did additional voices on the Jetsons.
He was in most of the 80's cartoons including Gi.j.o.e, Voltron and even My Little Pony.
Mogwai in Gremlins.
and he has been the voice of Winnie the Pooh's Eeyore since 1991.

For a full filmography check out us.imdb.com....

They have to get Peter Cullen to play Prime in the movie. There is no good excuse not to (unless he turns it down.)

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Awesome! I had tons of those toys and watched the cartoons when I was a kid too.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
One voice talent that will for sure not be in the new movie is Chris Latta (a.k.a. Christopher Collins). His was the most notable voice from the original series, he was the voice of Starscream.
Unfortunately he passed away in 1994.

He was another one of those voices that was in most of the 80's cartoons. Also he was one of the main voice actors in the Simpsons. In the first season of the Simpsons he voiced Mr. Burns and Moe.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
After seeing War of the Worlds, I'm kinda wary. I was less than impressed with WoW.

On another old cartoon note, Robotech: Shadow Chronicles is supposed to come out soon. With the original voice actors.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Transformers Script Rocks!

latinoreview.com has a huge script review for Transformers.

As a diehard transformers fan, I reads this script objectively TWICE. Last night and today.

THE SCRIPT ROCKS! Utter adulation! The story is dope! I heard some minor rumblings around town how the script is whack – complete bull#! The haters can kiss my ass. I loved it and it gets my blessing! I had such fanboy glee reading it that I will geek out and read it yet again this weekend. What a pleasure. Folks, BELIEVE THE HYPE! Transformers next summer will own you!

I haven't got through it all yet, but it looks cool.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Cool. Can't wait to read this when I get a little more time.

Thanks Umbrax.

Peace

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Bernie Mac is in it! cool he is funny but i dount he will be funny in this though>I too enjoyed Tranformers as a kid also the Go bots dunno if its the same thing. though.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:24 AM
link   
yay giant robots fighting other giant robots

life is good

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I love Transformers but I have a feeling this movie will suck. There's no way it'll be true to the original show, it's hollywood. And Bernie Mac? Kill me now.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Found some set pics of the vehicles

www.aintitcool.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Hey everyone, as a big Transformers fan as a kid (as an adult I recently bought all the DVD box sets) I think this movie is going to be perhaps the most anticipated movie of 2007. July 4th releases are always monster attractions.

It's got the big guns behind the screen - with Bruckheimer's name attached to a movie guaranteeing success and Michael Bay is even giving hints at the size of the production over at his own blog.

And for anyone who wants to see what modern CGI can do, check out 3D Blasphemy's site for a spectacular animation of a big rig transforming into an Optimus Prime-like character.

3D Blasphemy

For a lower-res, but still very good quality version of the animation, go here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join