It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Beautiful Song Ever...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I was recently listening to a song by Damien Rice, and I thought ''this song is Beautiful''. I stopped what I was doing, so I was just sitting there happy with a smile on my face, few songs can genuinely achieve such an effect.

I believe that Cannonball by Damien Rice is in fact the most beautiful song I've ever heard.

I would like to know which song you find the most beautiful.

[edit on 31-7-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
"My Wife with Champagne Shoulders" - by Mark Isham, it's on the Pure Mood's CD. That is the most beautiful song I have ever heard.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
My Bloody Valentine's Only Shallow does it for me today.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
"Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica is just the most beautiful song I've ever heard. There's something about it that when I hear it, I stop what I'm doing to listen to it. I especially like the S & M version with the Symphony playing with them.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Cry Baby Cry by The Beatles is the most beautiful song that I've ever heard.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
For the most beau....errr, I mean "best written song ever", it would have to be "Being Boring", by the Pet Shop Boys.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Foo Fighters-Everlong (Acoustic version)

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Your Song by Elton John
Marina del Rey by George Strait

Peace

D

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 03:04 AM
link   
One by U2. There's a few others but that one does it for me.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I dont know if beautiful is the terms I would use to describe these songs but IN Dreams, Goodnight both by Roy Orbison. I might use the term beautiful to describe the song How can I tell you by Cat Stevens.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Stairway to Heaven-Led Zepplin

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Rilo Kiley - A Better Son/Daughter

This is the most beautiful song ever. If you're ever feeling upset, sad, distraught, anything but positive, this will get you out of it. It is so amazingly well done, and very, very true.

I suggest you all acquire it.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
i got a few, plush by stone temple pilots acoustic version, it's alright Guns N' Roses, Loving the alien Velvet Revolver (what a wonder the last 2 songs were STP and GN'R then Velvet revolver)

Velvet

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The cover of What a Wonderful World/Somewhere Over The Rainbow by Israel Kamawokole or however you spell it. Or just the original version of What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong. Shine on You Crazy Diamond by Pink Floyd makes me feel happy. Short People by Randy Newman just cheers me up. This song Beautiful Peopel by (I think) Rusted Root or soemthign like that. He did the theme song for the movie Matilda which is also great called Send Me On My Way.A lot of songs by The Who make me feel good. And finally one of my all tiem favorites A Day in the Life by The Beatles. It's beautiful. It makes me feel sad but good.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Hmmmm, so many choices!

Let it be-Beatles

Don't forget me-Chili Peppers

Under the Bridge-Chili Peppers

Good Riddance (time of your life)- Green Day

Just a few...

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I'd like to change my answer to this... I thought "Nothing Else Matters" was the most beautiful... but now I can't make up my mind. My answer simply has to be almost every song on Metallicas S&M album. The way they integrate the Symphony with their play is just so perfectly done and just so.... beautiful. The tops have to be Outlaw Torn and Nothing Else matters though.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The most beautiful song I have ever heard is Kesson Daslef on the Drukqs album by Aphex Twin. It's not long, and there's certainly no cheesy lyrics, but it is HAUNTINGLY beautiful. It is top of my "Songs to have at own Funeral" list.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Claire de Lune by Claude Debussy.

seekerof

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
evanescence - my immortal

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley's version....

it has been used on some television series... one of the most notable ones, was The West Wing,

Press Secretary CJ Craig has a secret service agen ( Mark Harmon ), they're in NY, he goes into a store to buy a candy bar, realizes the store is being robbed, cathes one guy, the other blows him away...

this song is playing right after that and closes the show....

excellen excellent song.... I just purchased Buckleys CD with this song on it...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join