It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmation of Existence of Aurora?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2002 @ 04:20 AM
link   
On 15 September 2002, on Sky's Sct-Trek, I watched a programme called 'Discover Magazine'.
Part of it covered UFOs and what they MAY have actually been. Russian rockets taking satellites into orbit and... US secret aircraft from Area 51.

They talked of the U2 and Blackbird, and how spy satellites made it redundant. Then they mentioned the new NASA 'spaceplane' as being ready for flight test. Then they spoke to some official, who said that satellites took too long to move into position, so an aircraft was still required. (for spying etc)

That is when they said that the US had an aircraft at Area 51, which MAY BE THE RUMOURED AURORA, and then described its engine as being a pulse engine. (which we already know)

They then interviewed a man who described what it felt like on the ground, when this aircraft passed over. The pressure on the ears, the severe vibrations on the body and the intense noise.

Is this proof that it exists?

posted on Sep, 17 2002 @ 11:08 AM
link   
no. you see "proof" requires actual evidence. what you have there is what we in the industry refer to as "unqualified speculation and unreliable eye witness testimony"

simple mistake to make.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 12:25 PM
link   
the US military had the F117A for 20 years before anyone knew it exisisted so i expect it will be some time before they announce the aurora.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   
There's a rumor that the aurora is ready for use and the CIA are plannin to use it for spyin on north korea, but i can't find info to prove this. But if it is ready for use i think the military will be abit worried if they use it incase it gets damage or shoot down.

I will look for info to see if the CIA are ready to use it thou.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The "aurora" is in use.
Numbers are unknown.

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
already?? when did it go in use?

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
already?? when did it go in use?

Its a "non-confirmed." You know how that is...

Btw infinite, if I haven't already done so....welcome and greetings. I hope your stay at ATS is an enjoyable experience and an informative one.

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   
"the US military had the F117A for 20 years before anyone knew it exisisted so i expect it will be some time before they announce the aurora."

Are we sure of this? Insofar as one can believe anything one reads the f-117a.com Timelines suggest a very different picture: perhaps 6 years from first flight to public and open acknowledgement.
And Aurora stories tend to focus on complete, flying, machines not drawings, designs or scale mock-up's.
Also, of course, the F-117 actually exists.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Aurora-babble, I believe, began with the so-called "North Sea sighting" in '89- that's 14 years back for a complete operational aircraft: so I think something visible is a little overdue.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 04:42 AM
link   
hmmm im guessin it might be another 10 years before the "aurora" goes public.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Aurora is in service has been for a few years, there are plans apparantly looking at retrofitting it with a cannon. Could be leathal!

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
People in New Mexico near white sands and the like have sighted a similar aircraft. Thats usually where they devlop and test this crap out: out in the middle of nowhere, poluated only by a few towns and trailers. So people have seen it, not many, but a handfull.

Id say maybe within about 5 years. What do they need it for though?

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   
high level recon, low level recon, interceptor, the same as the SR71 only better and faster

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 08:25 AM
link   
This is a bit of a pointless post,'cos I can't really back it up!
Anyhoo - A couple of years ago, I was watching an aviation documentary on "Discovery". A lot of time was spent talking to a high-ranking USAF officer, while he was sat in his office. As is often the case, this guy had a display cabinet behind the desk, full of model aircraft, which was in plain view behind him. It was a pretty good collection, lots of past and present USAF machines.
However, one in particular caught my eye - a wedge-shaped "lifting-body" type with, clear enough engine and cockpit detailing to rule out it being any of the old experimental 60's Northrops and whatever.
I must stress that this was not a feature of the interview, it was just there in the background throughout.
I've often wondered - was it proof of some secret airframe, or a joke, perpetrated by the TV crew or the USAF,just to catch out the more observant paranoids who were watching?!

I just wish I could remember what the bloody show was about....

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 08:37 AM
link   

They talked of the U2 and Blackbird, and how spy satellites made it redundant.

Anyone who believes this is fooling themselves....

SOMETHING has been in use since the discontinuance of the SR71. Satellites are great, but they still have certain issues (such as being predictable as to when they'll be overhead, slowness, etc.) Sheer logic would tell you that there must be a current plane being used...

Remember, the SR71 was developed in the late 50's!!!

Snoogins, I actually saw that documentary, and remember seeing what you saw, hehe...
It closely resembled the Testors model, so it might have been that...who knows?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The Manageress of a store that I used to work in told me about some friends of hers, that live in an isolated hillside location in North Wales. Apparently, these people were often disturbed by very loud and unconventional-sounding aircraft, which were described to me as being "Black delta wings". On more than one occasion, the passing of one of these planes would blow all the fuses in the house! They were told by the electrician,whom they called to fix the damage, that it was indicative of high-energy Radar emissions.
Admittedly, this was told to me a few years ago, by someone with no real knowledge or interest in the subject,but it makes you think...

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Just to qualify this comment, I fly for a low-cost airline as a First Officer based in the UK. I have been flying for over a decade...with most of my previous experience in a military environment.
This odd occurance happened on a sector I fly on a regular basis that terminates in Edinburgh in Scotland.
On this occasion, we had indications on our TCAS equipment of a fast moving contact 1000 feet above our level moving from southeast-to-northwest. This contact was also reported by a following MD-11 freighter on its way to Anchorage. The contact travelled across our TCAS display in just under 60 seconds. (80Nms or so)
Interestingly enough, approach control had no primary radar indications of this TCAS contact.
Based on my experience in the military..and a working knowledge of modern avionics....I have reached this conclusion.
The contact we saw on our TCASII equipment was military (TCAS is based on military IFF technology) which was probably squawking a military IFF code that was encripted and therefore unable to be seen by civilian ground based SSR systems. Our TCAS system picked up this contact purely because the enhanced 'mode s' function of our transponder had 'interrogated' the military aircrafts IFF transponder (they speak the same digital language) but was only able to indicate altitude and a general direction as the other information is encripted.

Just thought Id add this to the conversation.

Cheers

Spear

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   
So, what you are saying is that a top-secret plane is set to respond to other military airplanes? I have to say that that sounds unlikely to me if it's as secret as it's made out to be.

[edit]
I'm not saying I don't believe you (or that I do), just pointing out my view
[/edit]

[Edited on 14-8-2003 by Zzub]

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Ummm no, I was sayin exactly what happened as it happened, my personal opinion is that whatever is flying around doing things that are out of the norm tends to draw attention to itself, particularly when you consider that within 200miles of this event there are 5 major airports, around 4 military airbases.....and not to mention that the airspace is the second busiest airspace sector in Europe. Regardless of how 'secret' this thing was...it has to be able to fit into the air-traffic environment during departure...and arrival...so yes it probably does show up now and then.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   
OK, point taken. I know nearly nothing of military aircraft and the way they operate in airspace, so I will have to bow to your knowlege. I was not accusing you of lying.

Is this the same sort of plane to plane contact that forms the systems which *mostly* stops missiles from firing at friendly planes? This is the only reason I can think of that a stealthy, secret vehicle would transmit anything.

I wonder, do the various stealth planes transmit encrypted signals to friendlies while moving about? I guess they must.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join