It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmation of Existence of Aurora?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ox
Ok.. I'm all for the exsistence of Aurora.. believe me I would love to see it and know that it is real.. But I have to pose this question after reading this thread..
Is it possible that "Aurora" is the name for a series of projects? Not just one individual project?

I believe "Aurora" came from a budget line item for a black project.... the B-2. So while an aircraft matchign the design and capabilities of the "Aurora" is possible, it most likely was/is named something else. Note that everyone was awaiting the "F-19" and we got the "F-117" instead.

If an "Aurora" type plane was actually built, it was likely given a code name alogn the lines of "Science Realm" or "Science Dawn." Those were names given to pre-NASP spaceplane designs in the TAV program (such as the VTOHL McDonnell-Douglas GRM-29); "Aurora" could possibly have been linked to them in some way.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canada_EH
or is it possible that this thread is a giant Ad for a model. waste of freakin time and i hope the mods lock the freakin thing.

You said it.

Mods should ban this guy. All he's being doing is advertising his product without out saying he's advertising his product.

He turned the whole thread into his spam crap.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canada_EH
or is it possible that this thread is a giant Ad for a model. waste of freakin time and i hope the mods lock the freakin thing.

Well Agreed.

Orion, your pictures mean 0 to the research of the aircraft. It just means someone had enough time on their hands to make a kit. Star Wars fighters, etc don't exist, but you see models of them.

If you can't understand my statement, someone needs to read it again SLOWLY.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Seems this guy got his info from the FAS page link to aurora info
There is also a model.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by looofo
Seems this guy got his info from the FAS page

Actaully, no. Much of the information came from a number of 1970's NASA-Langley reports on scramjet designs and vehicle integration.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
Mods should ban this guy.

How nice.

Ox

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
How catty... Lets grow up for a moment and get back to the topic of discussion?
That's the only way this and any and all other threads on this site are going to go anywhere.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo
your pictures mean 0 to the research of the aircraft.

Considering that they're as accurate as anything else out there...

If you wish to research an aircraft that probably does not exist, you have to research relevant designs. My model is a sort of compilation of a number of various seriosuly-studied hypersonic aircraft concepts. I've been researching hypersonic aircraft and their propulsion systems for some years, and have come across quite a lot of interesting and potentially Aurora-relevant info and designs. Such concepts stretch back at least as far as the late 1950's when Boeing studied Mach 6 strategic bombers using boost-glide and scramjet propulsion systems...

Republic had a design concept for a Mach 7 bomber with a piggyback fighter...

and everybody and their brother in the aero industry had designs for hypersonic interceptors.

The designs very often looked virtually dead-on like what woudl today be called "Aurora."

Heck, few things come closer than the GD-Fort Worth INCAAPS designs from the early/mid 1990's...

All this info fed into the model. The engine, for instance, was based on NASA-Langley scramjet design work from the 70's.

Ah, well. I guess doing actual research and presenting one product of that research... is irrelevant.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orionblamblam
Considering that they're as accurate as anything else out there...

Uh...how do you know they're accurate at all? Nothing is, there are no confirmed images, would you mind not tripple post as well, it's rather annoying to flip through your three posts.

As far as your images, they haven't helped anyone. It's a model, it's not of an aircraft that's airborne and operating under anything other than yourself.

My model is a sort of compilation of a number of various seriosuly-studied hypersonic aircraft concepts.

Yes...but you also aren't giving any specifications on the matter, just pictures, and design. Which almost anyone who's checked on Aurora knows about already and probably no longer cares about. What's the need?

Ah, well. I guess doing actual research and presenting one product of that research... is irrelevant.

That's right, because it really doesn't help anything other than that, someone has an imagination. Anyone could slap some pieces of plastic together and call it a "hypersonic aircraft".

EDIT: Additionally on the topic we know that the codename when and if it's released WILL NOT be Aurora, as the name is already used.

[edit on 2-4-2006 by Shugo]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   

would you mind not tripple post as well, it's rather annoying to flip through your three posts.

What are you talking about???

you also aren't giving any specifications on the matter, just pictures, and design. Which almost anyone who's checked on Aurora knows about already and probably no longer cares about.

OK, if you don't care, why the angry postings? Go do something you *do* care about.

That's right...

'Nuff said.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
So I read the last 3 pages to watch someone advertise a model then argue it as the real aurora?

I know none of us are true blue journalists, nor do we truly have a serious amount of accountabillity in reality. But it still pains me to see people perpetuating false information.... Seriously go sell books with the disclosure guys or something but don't keep trying to slyly hint at a commercial venture here.

Edit: oh and BTW if you want to sell models go to a toy convention dude. Wasting the time of people just looking for the truth is just plain malicious

[edit on 5-2-2006 by Sugarlump]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I'd like to recommend looking into information on the SR-71 (address to the researching part of this thread) Blackbird. One book I have here with me states:

this all led to the retirement of the SR-71's in the mid 1990's. Could the Aurora be the successor and the cause of supersonic booms in the southwest United States, that people have been hearing about?

Please note the above book is taken from a compiled collection of Aircraft, created by Stanford University, and used to inform the public of aircraft currently in and out of service, including countries such as: Brittan, China, Germany, Japan, Korea, Russia, and Vietnam, past and present. The book is entitled The Encyclopedia of World Aircraft The edition in question is 1997.

References to such an aircraft are also viewable in Ace Combat 03, as "Ouroboro's AI Program".

Static Information

Aurora Project Hypersonic Aircraft

This page also links to AboveTopSecret.com's Aurora Secret Hypersonic Aircraft Page. This page can be used as a vital location for link sources and other Aurora related information.

The FAS Website which was previously mentioned. This contains a large quantity of Aurora information, as well as other current experimental aircraft information, and disclosed information, true or false is the question.

ATS's owner Simon Gray made an article on First Science which can been seen and read here at this location:

Continually growing evidence suggests that the answer to this question is yes. Perhaps the most well-known event which provides evidence of such a craft's existence is the sighting of a triangular plane over the North Sea in August 1989 by oil-exploration engineer Chris Gibson. As well as the famous "skyquakes" heard over Los Angeles since the early 1990s, found to be heading for the secret Groom Lake installation in the Nevada desert, numerous other facts provide an understanding of how the aircraft's technology works. Rumored to exist but routinely denied by U.S. officials, the name of this aircraft is Aurora.

Wikipedia, a very vast knowledge database in the US, and the UK contains links and information regarding Aurora:

Aurora is the popular name for a hypothesised American reconnaissance aircraft, believed by some to be capable of hypersonic flight at speeds of Mach 6-20. According to the hypothesis, the Aurora was developed in the 1980s or 1990s as a replacement for the aging and expensive SR-71 Blackbird.

The Aurora Research Project which was conducted by Above Top Secret, indicates timelines of certain sightings of the aircraft.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Why don't people use the search button?

I swear more and more with the new people on the board, they take little time to figure all optional uses of operations.

I believe you can find the Aurora Research project at www.abovetopsecret.com...

Apparently it has been reopened, but I'm not aware, as I seem to not be classed as any form to be notified of updates with ATS or even my own research projects.

What are you talking about? This thread was started back in 2002. The links you so graciously provided started after this thread. Maybe you should try using the search button some time and find a clue.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
'cuse me bud, but that was also from a year ago. Perhaps you should relax, and step away, before criticizing others. I realized my mistake the day I posted it, but didn't care to go back and edit it...why? Because NEW people were posting on it.

Would you mind please?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
No I don't mind, it just seems you go off on tangents on others but expect others to stay calm.

Trust me I am calm, I don't mean to attack or be rude. I guess after reading all your post I just felt like that needed to be pointed out. I guess that goes to show that even the best of us make mistakes.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by looofo
Seems this guy got his info from the FAS page link to aurora info
There is also a model.

Ah ha! Exactly the page I was looking for! The model at the bottom of the page Looks EXACTLY LIKE the "aircraft" that he "photographed".

Look at the nose of the model in the bottom photo:

and the nose of the one in the bottom photo:

See the similarity? This faker either:

A: Photoshopped an image of the models top, side and bottom (the website had a shotfrom all angles), and added a sky background

or

Bought the model, took shots of it and then photoshopped it to add a sky background.

He wasn't lying. he did take a photo of the top of the craft with his feet on the ground. After all, it is a MODEL!

Mods, ban this N00b.

[edit on 2/28/2006 by TheRanchMan]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Sorry, double post

[edit on 2/28/2006 by TheRanchMan]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Estragon
"the US military had the F117A for 20 years before anyone knew it exisisted so i expect it will be some time before they announce the aurora."

Are we sure of this? Insofar as one can believe anything one reads the f-117a.com Timelines suggest a very different picture: perhaps 6 years from first flight to public and open acknowledgement.
And Aurora stories tend to focus on complete, flying, machines not drawings, designs or scale mock-up's.
Also, of course, the F-117 actually exists.

F117 is a deriviant of "Tacit blue" or what that project craft was called.

But my personal belif IS that Aurora is real, as the US/western powers need a plane that can take pictures during clouded skys, SR-71 has been retired, and U2's only fly in "safe" sones..

[edit on 18-12-2007 by Phoebus]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I remember reading about the Aurora back in 94? It must take off from Area 51.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join