It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Iraqi Resistance Is Prepared For Ten Year War

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Salah al Mukhtar, 61, lives currently in Yemen, but underscores that his stay is a "temporary" one, as he is convinced that one day he will return to Iraq and that it will be to an Iraq governed again by Baath. Arabmonitor obtained a thorough interview with al Mukhtar, one of the top-ranking personalities among the Iraqi émigré community.

"The current resistance in Iraq, to be accurate, has not made or prepared by Iraqi government, but by Baath party leadership. At the beginning in the year 2002, the Baath party has completed the training of about 6 million Iraqi citizens to fight urban warfare by the so called Al Quds Army. President Saddam Hussein has managed all preparation, including storing about 50 million of guns, big, medium and small sizes with their necessary ammunition to fight against the occupation for Ten Years. The groups prepared for a guerrilla warfare has included, beside the Iraqi armed forces, organization called Fedayeen of Saddam, Baath party fighters, as well as kaders of Baath party..."

"According to the intelligence of the government imposed on Iraq by Americans, the number of fighters of the Iraqi resistance is around 200 thousand as a main body, supported by another 200 thousands, but this number is not correct because about 3 million Iraqis are constituting the so called in guerrilla warfare, the ocean in which the fishs are swimming. You have to remember that the number of supporters of Baath party is about 6 million people and if we dropped half that number, still we have at least 3 millions supporting the fighters. As for the number of the fighters it is not less than 400 thousand people, well trained militarily and ideologically for more than a quarter of century. This number including the best generals of the Iraqi army, specially of the Republican guards".

"There is no sure information about the fate of Zarqawi, some of the information suggesting that he had been killed at the beginning of Iraq’s occupation, but some other sources believe that he has been arrested by Americans. Anyway whatever the correct story is, I tell you that Zarqawi is a limited phenomenon and it is located in a specific area and playing a limited role. The US intelligence used to say that all operations are made by Zarqawi to show that those who fight against Americans in Iraq are foreigners not Iraqis, to convince American public opinion that the war against the so called( terrorism) is justified. On the other hand, the US want to underestimate the role of the Iraqi resistance in general and the Baath party in particular".

Sources:

Information Clearing House

Original Article: Arab Monitor

Interesting, no?

"Few Ten Thousand Insurgents" According to USArmy Numbers.

Does the Resistance in Iraq really look like its a Work of Few Thousand Man?

To me it doesn't look like that at all.

Very Eye Opening Interview, which I suggest you Read Whole.

Opinions Welcome!

[edit on 27/7/05 by Souljah]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
only ten years? i expect the "resistance" to do better than dat.
, guess thats all they can hope to keep up on the Iraqi population which is in the millions, cant kill all of them, so the best way is to terrorize them from achieving stability.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
only ten years? i expect the "resistance" to do better than dat.
, guess thats all they can hope to keep up on the Iraqi population which is in the millions, cant kill all of them, so the best way is to terrorize them from achieving stability.

Well "Only Ten Years of Resistance" will sure bring a Long and Bloody Civil War...

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Well considering the fact that Vietnam only took thirteen years or so before we realized we could'nt win. Ten years after four years of conflict , seems about right.

Hey if the Vietnamese could do it, the Iraqi's sure as heil can.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
'Bagdad Bob' stating: "we are defeating the Americans, they have been stopped at the boarder and are not at Bagdad airport. The American forces that are there are just an illusion...........excuse me while I escape!"

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Does the Insurgency Looks to you like its an Non-Organized, Badly Equipped, Group of Criminals?

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Does the Insurgency Looks to you like its an Non-Organized, Badly Equipped, Group of Criminals?

If they are, what's that say about our military? I mean, if the insurgency is not organized and badly equipped, we should be able to wipe them out in pretty short order, right? They know what they're doing, I'd say.

Your second link gives me an error.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Your second link gives me an error.

Hmmm....it gives me an error too.

Try this one:

www.arabmonitor.info...

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I m really afraid this war will never end except US ORDINANCEDS are pull back.Ten year ermsss i think that a very short time,well this war might go more then that.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by unholy enterprise
I m really afraid this war will never end except US ORDINANCEDS are pull back.Ten year ermsss i think that a very short time,well this war might go more then that.

yep it be a very long war for the Iraqis wen troops are pulled out, the Arab foreign fighters are goin to be takin on the Iraqis wen the Iraqis refuse to let their territory be a new base. after all the Al Qaeda needs a new safe home to operate.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   

At the beginning in the year 2002, the Baath party has completed the training of about 6 million Iraqi citizens to fight urban warfare......etc

I dont fully understand his concept.

thats a bit high, since theirs only 25 million Iraqis then that would be 1/4 of the entire population. Now cut out ages 0 to 14 for both male and female, that would make it 16,000,000.
Then cut out people over 65 years of age, thats almost a million.
That leaves 15,000,000 (ages 15 to 65) able bodies for warfare. More than 1/3 of the population would be trained.

IF you want to go even more in detail then lets take out all of the females of the 15,000,000 left over. Minus 7,338,109 that leaves 7,530,619 men ages 15 to 65 who are left for warfare in the population.

That means about 1 million male Iraqis are not in any kind of Baath army. Doesn't the Baath party only recruit males?

correct me if I misunderstood it.

source

[edit on 28-7-2005 by evanfitz]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
From the CIA Factbook:

Muslim 97% (Shi'a 60%-65%, Sunni 32%-37%), Christian or other 3%

Let me do a Calculation:

37% out of 26.000.000 = 9.620.000

15-64 years: 57% (male 7,530,619/female 7,338,109)

57% out of 9.620.000 = 5.483.400

Now thats a Little Closer to the Number provided in the Article.

[edit on 28/7/05 by Souljah]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   

From the CIA Factbook:

Muslim 97% (Shi'a 60%-65%, Sunni 32%-37%), Christian or other 3%

Let me do a Calculation:

27% out of 26.000.000 = 9.620.000

15-64 years: 57% (male 7,530,619/female 7,338,109)

57% out of 9.620.000 = 5.483.400

Now thats a Little Closer to the Number provided in the Article.

where the heck u get 27%? and also dont forget to discount disabilities and wounded fromt the bombings, as well as those who refuse to join the "resistance". also there are Sunnis who are in the police force.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

The Iraqi resistance has simple weapons, while the other party has highly sophisticated weaponry, such as jet fighters, tanks, missiles, modern technology.

Well duh, weren't they warned pre-desert storm that they would be knocked back to the dark ages, and the warning came from other Arab nations. As to the contention that pre-invasion they had prepared, Sadam wasn't a fool and had Deset Storm to draw his strategies from.
Bottom line, Kuwait was the bone of contention with Iraq and the global community. Even if Kuwait was slant drilling, they should have took it to the world court (UN) instead of the defiant stance they took. America might be the bully in this in their eyes, but to the rest of the world it was Sadam who was the Butcher of Baghdad and that over-qualifies as bully in any book.
As to the American /Israeli connection, correct, and if America wasn't standing beside Israel, Israel wouldn't be anymore. Arab contention that Jerusalem should be theirs is a popular concensus over there but over here we seek to instill freedom from persecution which is surely the end result once Islam had a foothold.
As to this admitted Baathist, he is out of country but speaks openly that he stilll is against America's occupation and yet in the same vein, how can he justify attacks on his own people, how can he war-monger and how can he predict the will of the American military when he himself stated that it was the Baathist party that is the driving force.
We took out the Baathist party with Sadam and personally, I feel job well done. The Baathist party is the group responsible for the chem attacks on their own countrymen and how long before their aspirations would have led them beyond the confines of their own borders?
Yeah, we know we are in for the long haul, however, isn't it the very thing we seek to do is get out?
Circular logic, the chicken and the egg thing. Only viable solution to bring peace to the Muslim world is to forgive and forget yet I don't see a whole lot of consideration for another being down there, if anything they revel in butchering a life. Cutthroats and backstabbers in my book shouldn't even be allowed into negotiations of a free world. ... and the fact that I'm a Christian with the love for all in my heart kind of says it all... they want us out, lay down their arms and join the rest of humanity. They want peace, stop that barbaric mentality they spout every time we big bad Americans try to go in and help them from the tyranic rulers they lived under. We have our own issues to deal with and this isn't getting our job done, it merely perpetuates the problems.

Ok, having said that, I can't help but notice that what he says about Iraqi intelligence (oxymoronic thinking there) infiltrating our Intelligence corp as being the reason nothing is getting done or found. Had they thought this through and let the retaliation mentality subside, then there would be peace. They don't want peace, they want pieces. Isn't it obvious?
Lord forgive us all, we simply aren't capable of getting along. Its our arrogance, all of us.
As I stated on numerous threads, there will never be world peace until the Second Coming and the hour is ripe.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Salah al Mukhtar, 61, lives currently in Yemen, but underscores that his stay is a "temporary" one, as he is convinced that one day he will return to Iraq and that it will be to an Iraq governed again by Baath.

Well, that certainly shows the motivation. He and others like him don't give a crap about the Iraqi people, all they want is power. Isn't that how you see the US, Souljah, and hate that aspect of it? Why would you be supporting someone who has openly stated that power is his goal, while condemning the US who has never come out and said that power and control is it's goal?

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Well, that certainly shows the motivation. He and others like him don't give a crap about the Iraqi people, all they want is power. Isn't that how you see the US, Souljah, and hate that aspect of it? Why would you be supporting someone who has openly stated that power is his goal, while condemning the US who has never come out and said that power and control is it's goal?

Did I say I support him in my Posts?

I provided You with Information regarding the Iraqi Resistance, where it Comes from, what the Numbers are and How Long can they Fight.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I provided You with Information regarding the Iraqi Resistance, where it Comes from, what the Numbers are and How Long can they Fight.

Just the impression I've gotten from reading your posts, this one and others before it. If I'm wrong, cool, but I would like to point out you didn't say you don't support him or his cause.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Just the impression I've gotten from reading your posts, this one and others before it. If I'm wrong, cool, but I would like to point out you didn't say you don't support him or his cause.

So, if I dont say "I DONT" - I DO Support him?

Its like that, huh?

"You're either with us, or you're with the Terrorists" - kind of situation?

[edit on 28/7/05 by Souljah]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I guess I'll come right out and ask, then. Do you support what this guy stands for, or not, or do you just not care?

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I guess I'll come right out and ask, then. Do you support what this guy stands for, or not, or do you just not care?

No I do Not.

Do I support Wars? No.

Do I support Civil Wars - one that is Starting to Form in Iraq Today? No.

Did I support Bush's Invasion of Iraq? No.

But this Guys did not Start the "Circle Of Violence" that was put in Motion with the Invasion of Iraq.

Do You support Bush and what his War on Terror Stands for?

I dont - and when it comes to Picking Sides I know which one I will Pick - the Opposite of the Empire.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join