It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do many of you visit dreamland?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
There has been many times over the years during lucid dreams that I have been to places that I collectively call 'dreamland'. It's not really a 'place' though, as every door or room that you walk through leads to somewhere totally different (you walk from a room into a park that changes into tunnel etc).

Everyone whom I encounter there is no longer in a physical body and I'm pretty sure that their surrounding environment is a constuct of the beliefs they held when they were alive - many times functioning as a community and working towards a common goal - quite often captive or enslaved to different types of entities that are generally menacing.

Many of these labyrynths or 'cities' are deserted though, and you can literally walk for miles though them. They are often very musty smelling, seem 'spooky' and are cluttered with 50's 'kitch' style furniture and fittings etc. Many times I have found myself trapped and it can take a while to find a way out.

There are a lot of things that occur in these dreams that I realise are part of my subconcious and the normal dreamstate but most often it really feels as if you are there and have all of your senses as in the waking state.

I'm new to this forum so I guess the reason for this post is that I was just wanting to hear of other peoples experiences of a similar nature in their lucid dreams and what is their interpretation.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I have spent a fair amount of time working with my Dreams including on and off bouts of Lucidity.

My most common basic location is a School that is something like my old High School in some areas and different in others. The important thing about this location is that when I arrive there I know the Dream will be at least a little more important than the norm.

Originally I created this location because I feel somewhat safe in that environment and that serves as a good basis for Dreams of importance that might otherwise be hard to handle. I am extremely good at 'bailing out' of a Dream that I do not like and I wished to avoid this at times.

I almost never see people I know in their usual forms. Their appearance reflects not only their inner nature but also what they mean to me personally. I almost always 'recognize' who they are though.

Everyone whom I encounter there is no longer in a physical body and I'm pretty sure that their surrounding environment is a constuct of the beliefs they held when they were alive - many times functioning as a community and working towards a common goal - quite often captive or enslaved to different types of entities that are generally menacing

Interesting. I cannot recall an experience similar to this but that probably is because I currently have little interest in what follows this life. My concern is with the living and how they can make their lives better so my Dreams reflect this.

Do you have a particular interest in what comes after this life?

A.T
(-)

[edit on 7/27/05 by Alexander Tau]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   
dreaming is pretty much the same as astral traveling. difference is that astral traveling is done when you're awake and do it willingly when you please,

when dreaming you do it automatically...EVERYONE, even those who claim they don't dream. they just can't remember their dreams. when you go to sleep you leave your body and your mind goes to the astral planes. there it will alter the energies to create your "dreamworld".

if you can dream lucid then you can do a lot of things. such is breaking your dream world and just seeing the astral plains for what it is and meet other beings and other planets etc. you can do a lot, even meeting your guides.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Yup dreamyland is a popular destination. I was there last night actually but didnt relize it. It's like I have to wakeup astrally when I get there. The only ones that are lengthy and Im aware of instantly are ones involving tragedy which easily crosses the line to visions.

Im not too happy with last nights visit either since I was stripped of my rings. All but one and thats what got my attention. Off to post that up now.

Good luck and have fun. Pay attention tot he energy and surroundings and assess that infeeling. If it doesnt feel right, leave. You can never be trapped you can always come back. Things like confusion and being captive are not workings of good.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I have many very vivid dreams that I always remember but cant recall any lucid dreaming

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Thanks very much for the replies everyone. As of yet I haven't experienced the astral world 'as it is' through an OOBE but I have read a lot of interesting descriptions in Robert Monroes pioneering books. I think that I will work on it more later on in my life as I don't currently feel the urge to explore it, but it certainly interests me and I'm sure that further work with the Kabbala and the Tree of Life will lead in this direction.

Originally posted by Alexander Tau
Do you have a particular interest in what comes after this life?

Not particularly, but I'm sure that when I do leave this physical body I will continue to exist and progress spiritually because the cycles of life and the universe seem to indicate this. I'm more into metaprogramming and brain change, as you are, because I think that we are here for a reason and mine is to inspire everyone I meet and help them and myself to open up new neural networks etc. I have found Robert Anton Wilson's work to be totally amazing - especially the 8 circuit model of conciousness described in the book 'Prometheus Rising' developed by him and Timothy Leary.

Originally posted by DragonflyKingdom Im not too happy with last nights visit either since I was stripped of my rings

Sounds interesting, could you please explain this further?

[edit on 27-7-2005 by DruidTek]

[edit on 27-7-2005 by DruidTek]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Hey D-tech

I have a thread called "why were my rings taken" that goes more into that.

I think I need Kabbala in my life too. Everything seems to point to that direction. And my belief systems seem to be in line with that. I've always been one to hit the source and I think the Holy Land and teachings from it is the best you can get.

How do you get the book, is it given free like Bibles, should I go to a synigogue. If I wanted to audit church services based on Kabbala where do I begin? Sorry if I misspelled.

I suppose Im a Christian-Kabbalist if I had to classify but I appreciate all religion and feel they all have something goin that the other is missing. Enough on that, I'll address that in religion.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Unfortunently, one cannot sleep forever and avoid dreaming, however, I certainly am not able to interact with the dream in any form, basically just a movie, and not sure if its even in color...

I doubt I could realize conciously I was dreaming or I might get a system crash or simply terminate the dream. The concious mind doesnt approve of those mystical dreams...

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
raideur i can recommend the movie Waking Life. very philosophical and heavy

it's about dreaming, after life and more. it generates interesting food for thought

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I myself have visited this place by meditating. or falling asleep during meditation.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
hahah i got the some thing. half way through meditation i fall asleep

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I've seen it. Nice animation, but has no point, other than telling us what we already know. Dreams serve no purpose...

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Back in my drug experimentation days, I read that flying dreams could be induced by crushing Jimson weed seed and mixing the paste with coconut butter. Then smearing a small amount on your forehead before retireing.

I experienced some flying dreams but usually went to what Mr. Druid called "dreamland"

These dreams were anything but lucid. No control whatsoever. Quick flashes of paradice or hell with plenty of erotica.

My normal dreams wheather lucid or not, tend to be more boring than my waking activity and I can usually tell when I'm dreaming. The jimson weed dreams were so vivid, colorful and surreal that they were fairly easy to remember and provided hours of conversation with me mates and shemates.

Warning!!!!!!! Jimson weed is an extremely toxic plant and can kill you in very small doses. Only fools experiment with poisionous plants. Yes, I was a fool as only a young fool can be and praise be to my higher power that saw fit to spare me from death and insanity. Well, not the insanity part.

If you want to explore the "dreamscape" use conventional means such as meditation as others have suggested.

My normal "dreamspace" is a small mountian, mining town somewhere in Colorado. My only obe [maybe a dream] was last year. When my GF asked me "what did it look like" to my suprise my response was "Mexico"
Go figure?

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Have you ever tried Directed Dreaming Whaaa?

What we think about as we go to sleep has a strong influence on what we dream. I have always had a hard time getting to sleep, which is annoying because I love to sleep, and dream. What I discovered, all on my own, was that as I was attempting to get to sleep if I made up stories, very self-indulgent ones frankly where I was the hero, my dreams would tend to be in that pattern.

Over time this became a habit and my Dreams are almost always fun and enjoyable. These days I do mix in things of more importance sometimes but I always return to the fun stuff.

A.T
(-)

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I wonder if their are chemicals that block REM dreams from registering in your memory, which would be as good as never having them. And now that would be ideal.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander Tau
Have you ever tried Directed Dreaming Whaaa?

AT

Sure, Iv'e explored most types of dream manipulation from eating foods that are supposed to enhance dreaming, to small tape recordings giving myself instructions to dream about certain things or solve problems.
Not much success. Any ideas?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
very run down in spots and overgrown with foliage in others. strange black pools and many other strange things, some of it is like inner city but with sparse life. ive been talking about this place for years now and keep going back, the dreams there are different from norms. not nessicerily always lucid either just different.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Sure, Iv'e explored most types of dream manipulation from eating foods that are supposed to enhance dreaming, to small tape recordings giving myself instructions to dream about certain things or solve problems. Not much success. Any ideas?

Without trying to sound pretentious, I am actually quite good at lucid dreaming - I usually have more than one lucid dream per week that I remember vividly and most times I have total control over every aspect of my dreams. I learned to obtain these things partly by accident.

Like Alexander, I had trouble falling asleep. I too would construct elaborate stories and fantasies in my imagination before I fell asleep. I found it was important to try and visualise the situation I was in to the smallest detail. If I'm standing on top of a skyscraper, I try to imagine the feel of the wind, the giddy sense of vertigo as I gaze over the edge. I try and make it as close to the real sensation as possible, and then I jump. I have found that visualising and trying to incorporate every detail helps me to experience lucid dreams.

Another trick I learned is to try and pick the exact instant when you fall asleep. Now, this is impossible. Every time I try to recall that instant, I am unable to. But the simple act of trying to pinpoint exactly when you enter sleep encourages the onset of lucid dreams, in me at least.

I have also found that I have far more lucid dreams if my sleep is interrupted - if I wake up at 5:00 am, say. I also have more lucid dreams in the early morning (7:00-9:00 am) then I do during the night.

Lucid dreams can be extremely fun. You certainly can fly in them and the experience is exactly what your brain thinks flying would be like. Some tips or things I have noticed, though: when you do experience lucid dreaming, try to sign your name on something - even when every part of my dream is crystal clear, this simple act eludes me. Also, take my humble advice and never ever hover about 6 inches above the ground - for some reason every time I do it, all the characters in my dreams begin to freak out. I think there are rules to lucid dreams and I'm still trying to work them out.

Hope I could help. If you have any questions about lucid dreaming, I'd be happy to answer them to my limited ability.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I have learned how to take control of dreams at least most of the time. The reason being is that I had many nightmares. Most of them you would not want to hear.

This dream has been a few years ago. I have dreampt I was on a ship that was about to sink. I remember alot of people around me acting normally as if noting was happening. Then I remember being able to fly and something about a lion. I have dreams about being in strange places dark, and sometimes damp. I wish I could dream about being in a beatutiful medow or someplace nice. One of the oddest ones was before I really started looking in to UFO's. I'll describe it without getting into any gory details. The dream was about scientists and what seemed like aliens experimenting on partially developed humans, and harvesting their body parts. Their skin was almost lucid or see through, and everyone of them was in agony for they still could feel pain. That was right before the movie Arnold S played a man who was a pilot and got cloned. No humans were ever suppose to be cloned, and yet the co. had an extremely large database of DNA. I forget the name of the movie. The actor is very popular, and the govner of CA, but I'm not going to attempt to spell his last name.

I tend to stay up late at night, and to be honest with myself I think it is so I won't dream. Even though I can control them, the control doesn't start until after the dream forms. I only have control within that enviornment. Yes, I tend to wake up easily, even though I'm good at playing possum when I want to. If your not familiar with that pharse it means being good at pertending to sleep.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   
the movie you are thinking of is the 6th day with Arnold Schwarzenegger I get what you mean.

unfortunately I have actualy stopped dreaming mostly because my sleep is broken and I'm never asleep long enough to dream 10-20minuets if that
but when I could sleep continuously I had full control of my dreams their was never a dream I coulden't control. I think I may invest in some sleep assistants, pills or something, not sure if they will work other drugs seem to do nothing to me so I don't bother with them.

I wish I could dream again but my brain just won't turn off long enough to let me sleep it just keeps going and I never seem to actualy get tired.

I'v never been to dream land it sounds like an interesting place woulden't mind visiting.

[edit on 8/4/2005 by Salanthus]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join