It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you christians ever thought that creation..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evolution Cruncher
in a sense, the word "creators" isnt wrong. being that The Father, the word and the holy spirit are all one, there are three but they are one. kind of a hard concept to grasp, but they are three in one.

the best way I can explain the trinity is 1 to the 3rd power.
1x1x1=1
Father, the word(jesus) and the holy spirit = God.

I got a right and a left arm. As well as two feet etc. So if I created something would it be correct to use the word creators ? Or CREATOR as in ONE ?

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by joyouslyhumored

in a sense, the word "creators" isnt wrong. being that The Father, the word and the holy spirit are all one, there are three but they are one. kind of a hard concept to grasp, but they are three in one.

the best way I can explain the trinity is 1 to the 3rd power.
1x1x1=1
Father, the word(jesus) and the holy spirit = God.

I got a right and a left arm. As well as two feet etc. So if I created something would it be correct to use the word creators ? Or CREATOR as in ONE ?
I had heard that In The beginning, where it says GOD, the original word is ELOHIM. which is plurel, meaning more then one. So should this not read " In the beginning, the Gods created? This is not only plurel, but also Feminine? Then had read it was Masuline/Feminine? so its a male female word.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Thanks for answering my question.

You've made everything cristal clear.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chasrac64
I had heard that In The beginning, where it says GOD, the original word is ELOHIM. which is plurel, meaning more then one. So should this not read " In the beginning, the Gods created? This is not only plurel, but also Feminine? Then had read it was Masuline/Feminine? so its a male female word.

I think the 1x1x1=1 post said it pretty well.

As for the male female thing. The bible makes it clear that God was there. It also makes it clear that Jesus was there. The Holy Spirit is a given...

I dont see the fem anywhere

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997

Originally posted by Chasrac64

I think the 1x1x1=1 post said it pretty well.

As for the male female thing. The bible makes it clear that God was there. It also makes it clear that Jesus was there. The Holy Spirit is a given...

I dont see the fem anywhere
well Jake, all you have to do is research this and you will see that it is a masuline Feminine word. It bites that you dont know hebrew- greek words.
In the original text it states " In the beginning the ELOHIM created.."which is plurel so that would make it more than one GOD. my 4 yr old knows this!.

I really do wish you would re-search this further. you would see also how they took the word ADAM and turned this in to a Name for a man. which means simply Man or men ( meaning many). according to my Strongs Concordance. And eve was not eve until after they were thrown out of the garden. so it helps when one takes the time to do a little research and you will find out alot. I am still learning alot to, so its been 4 yrs for me reseaching all this.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Here is a must read for all who ? the Creation story and how the Translators messed it uphidden mysteries
( I hope this shows up,) I found it helpful to fully understand what was going on with the creation story.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
also I would like to add something here.
does it not take Male- female to create anything? you need male- female to be able to do this. if one would study Nature alone you would see this.
The Female is the only one who can give life... Think now... but it takes the male to also help create this life. so we have Male- female to create, then you have female that gives the life...

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
yes it does take male and female to make a baby. Got didnt make babies, he made a full grown man and a full grown woman. also, God doesnt have a body life ours, he is not a human. it is true that a woman cannot produce offspring by herself, however Jesus ws born of a virgin.

God is not limited by anything, if he were, he wouldnt be God.

as for the "Gods", plural, refer to John 1:1 and I John 5:7
its what is called the trinity. they are all one.

[edit on 29-7-2005 by Evolution Cruncher]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   

well Jake, all you have to do is research this and you will see that it is a masuline Feminine word. It bites that you dont know hebrew- greek words.
In the original text it states " In the beginning the ELOHIM created.."which is plurel so that would make it more than one GOD. my 4 yr old knows this!.

If you said anything after that , that needed attention, I didnt read it. I realized how far off the mark you were right here.

God + Jesus + Holy Spirit = 3. I should hope your 4 year old knows this by now.
The bible also teaches that the 3 are 1. This is very difficult for some.

You should practice reading comprehension more often then sarcasm and you would not misunderstand my answers like that.

Since you seem to be the type that is more worried about getting in a jab, then actually exchanging info... I must add you to the ignore list. Nothing personal...it just helps to sort out the trash from the info.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Warthog, I have asked you before to show where exactly in the Hindu religion it says that we are all part of a computer generated sim? Just because the religion mentions the word "matrix" does not mean it is talking about the movies.
There may be some spiritual simularities between the message of the Matrix movies and the Hindu and Gnostic religions but that does not mean we are all part of a computer generated sim.
You can not use the matrix movies as proof of the way things really are. They are movies just like all the other sci fi movies out there.
Also just because religions talk about us living in an illusion, does not mean it is a computer generated illusion and that God is a machine.
You keep saying this stuff as though it is all fact and the way things are but you never offer proof of any religions saying that we are all a computer generated sim.
The first matrix movie is one of my favortie movies but i am not able to say that it is telling the truth on the way things are. How can anyone take a movie like the matrix and then conclude that because there are spirtual messages in it that relate to spirtual messages of certain religions, that it must mean we are all a computer generated sim?

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   

yes it does take male and female to make a baby. Got didnt make babies, he made a full grown man and a full grown woman. also, God doesnt have a body life ours, he is not a human. it is true that a woman cannot produce offspring by herself, however Jesus ws born of a virgin.

God is not limited by anything, if he were, he wouldnt be God.

as for the "Gods", plural, refer to John 1:1 and I John 5:7
its what is called the trinity. they are all one.

[edit on 29-7-2005 by Evolution Cruncher]
It says he created, in gens 1, then in 2 the LORD GOD forms a man of the dirt. is not to create something and then to form are two different things going on here. so what i get here going on, Elohims create, Then Lord God ( leader of the gods) Forms a man from the dirt. He makes dirt man. so maybe we got Spiritual, Gen 1, then Dirt man gen 2
hey I didnt write this book. I`m just telling you whats going on here, IMO.
and Man was then only one thrown out of the Garden, right. Gen 3 verse 23 quote: Therefore the Lord God sent HIM forth from the garden, to till the ground, from where he was taken. 24: so he drove out the MAN.....
Gen 5 verse 2 male female created he them and blessed them and called THEIR name ADAM.
I wish you would go further with this and explain.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997

If you said anything after that , that needed attention, I didnt read it. I realized how far off the mark you were right here.

God + Jesus + Holy Spirit = 3. I should hope your 4 year old knows this by now.
The bible also teaches that the 3 are 1. This is very difficult for some.

You should practice reading comprehension more often then sarcasm and you would not misunderstand my answers like that.

Since you seem to be the type that is more worried about getting in a jab, then actually exchanging info... I must add you to the ignore list. Nothing personal...it just helps to sort out the trash from the info.
where am I off the mark here? have you ever went as far past your church doors to study nature jake?

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
To Jake and others, The Roman church is the one who explained the trinity.
Jesus himself though said that the Father has even more power and is greater then him (or words to that affect). So clearly then they are not equal. Jesus also said that you can blasphmy against him and it would be forgiven but to do so to the Holy Spirit is not forgivable. In the gospel of Thomas(not excepted by the Roman church but accepted by many scholars) it even goes further to say that you can blashemy against the Father and the son and it will be forgiven but not against the Holy Ghost.
So are they 3 different powers or did the roman church make it up that way to try to explain things back then?

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Jesus himself though said that the Father has even more power and is greater then him (or words to that affect). So clearly then they are not equal. Jesus also said that you can blasphmy against him and it would be forgiven but to do so to the Holy Spirit is not forgivable. In the gospel of Thomas(not excepted by the Roman church but accepted by many scholars) it even goes further to say that you can blashemy against the Father and the son and it will be forgiven but not against the Holy Ghost.

well you have to remember that Jesus was in the form of Man, he was in the flesh. that is something you need to consider when talking about the trinity, Jesus is God in the flesh. John 5:7 says that they are one.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well, i started a thread on a topic that a lot of you on this thread may find interesting and i'd like to get your points of view on it , so thanks. Also it is not so i can get points, i have about 5000 now and will never use them anyway.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
gnosticisim sorry bout that... hope this works...

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I`m getting the hang of this... anyways this page talks about the two different gods in the bible. This has help me to understand more about the old testament god.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Evo C, it means that some people will interpret things as they wish, despite being hit with something that is obvious

oh yeah I agree. II peter 3:3-8 has the best answer on that one. the scoffers are willingly ignorant of.

of course that is based on my faith in the bible.

I find it really funny how some people just quote away at the bible when they have no real answer. Lets face it the majority of people think that your bible is completely false. Just as many of those who beleive in your bible think all of the other forms of 'bible' in the world are false.

The bible was written by man, how can you prove that he wasnt some madman in a cave? I can't prove he was but its certainly a possibility. The bible was written quite some time ago, but the world went on before it existed, and it will go on after it has existed.

I still don't understand what happened to the godess?

And most Christian/Catholic dates, just as many other dates in other religions are all assimilated from religions that existed before it. Jesus wasnt even born on Christmas day! It's a Roman Feast day.

Personally I think that it is more than possible that we evolved in 2million years than it was somehow sped up by god.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Lets face it the majority of people think that your bible is completely false

often times the majority has been wrong. you cant always rely on teh majority history tells us that.

Personally I think that it is more than possible that we evolved in 2million years than it was somehow sped up by god.

thats exactly my point, you believe or think that, thats the way it happened.

why dont you want to believe in God? would it cramp your lifestyle?
if I could prove to you that God existed, would that change your lifestyle at all?

EC

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join