It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 out of ten Americans believe that WW3 is about to began

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   
This is pure shadow govt propaganda.
www.msnbc.msn.com...
news.yahoo.com.../ap/20050724/ap_on_re_us/world_war_ii_poll
They will never get a one world fascist govt.

[edit on 24-7-2005 by warthog911]

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Sorry, the poll is eroneous. The people polled are so blind that they don't even realize that we're already engaged in a world war. It just doesn't happen to be so destructive as the previous ones right now.

When people think of the scale of war, they consider body count. On whatever side from which they hail, that is. We haven't even hit 2500 dead in Afghanistan or Iraq operations combined (American, that is), and that is not cause enough for alarm for the mind-numbed people of this country.

Another thread cites a study that concludes that 25,000 innocents have died in Iraq subsequent to combat operations, but I challenge anyone but a Brit to tell me how many Brits have lost their lives due to these actions, likewise for other nations involved.

Maybe if America was not so Ameri-centric, we'd think more better.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   
"6 out of ten Americans believe that WW3 is about to began"

Well I hate to say this, but 6 out of 10 of my fellow Americans don't even know why they think WW3 is about to began.....ask 'em...ask them why and they will be like ummm, ummm cause 3 comes after 2 or some crazy trash like that.

They go with the crowd! They have opinions and thoughts and they may even be right....but they think that way because they heard it on TV and it's the image the media puts out for them....most Americans are Politically Declined and are unable to find reason behind thier logic when it comes to war and politics.

IMO

[edit on 24/7/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   
6 out of 10 Americans think WW3 is about to begin? Fantastic. 8 out of 10 Americans don't have the inteligence to finish college, do higher math, or solve complex logic problems.

I'd say international politics is one of the most difficult 'equations' to understand, because of the astronomical number of factors. I don't have a lot of faith in the ability of the average person to predict international socio-political events with any reasonable degree of accuracy.

They just regurgitate the opinions of pundits and celebrities.

Edit: Sporty beat me to the punch.
Someone had to say it.

[edit on 24-7-2005 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
8 out of 10 Americans don't have the inteligence to finish college,
do higher math, or solve complex logic problems.

You spelled intelligence wrong.
That's a fourth grade
spelling word. Guess that means you don't have the intelligence
to pass fourth grade, eh?

In regards to the subject - we are ALREADY in WWIII.

[edit on 7/24/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
www.census.gov...

Excerpt -

Other highlights for the population 25 years and over in March 2002:
American college grads by ethnicity -

- Asians and Pacific Islanders had the highest proportion of college graduates (47 percent), followed by non-Hispanic whites (29 percent),
- African-Americans (17 percent) and Hispanics (11 percent).
- The proportion of Hispanics born in the United States who had a bachelor's degree or more (14 percent) was higher than that of those born outside the country (9 percent). For Asians and Pacific islanders, the corresponding rates were much closer: 44 percent and 48 percent, respectively.
- Ninety percent of the employed civilian labor force age 25 and over had a high school diploma and 32 percent had a bachelor's degree or higher.
- The Northeast region had the highest proportion of college graduates (29 percent), followed by the West (28 percent). The proportions of college graduates in the Midwest (26 percent) and the South (25 percent) were not statistically different.
% of black Americans with college degrees –
www.jbhe.com...

www.collegeboard.com...

College enrollment among minorities and first generation college students
is rising significantly - Excerpt –

Sixty-nine percent of Mexican American, 55 percent of Other Hispanic, and 46 percent of American Indian SAT takers are first-generation college students. In addition, English was not the first language learned by many Mexican American and Other Hispanic SAT takers.
Texas and California were two of the states with increased SAT participation rates and test scores among Mexican American and Other Hispanic students.

California College entrance by those of Asian heritage – information -
nationalreview.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
flyers fan
I do as a matter of fact have stats that prove my statements.

en.wikipedia.org...

sq.4mg.com...

www.rlynn.co.uk...

The average IQ of Americans is 98. The average IQ of college graduates is 120 and up, depending on what source you use.

By definition the overall 'average' IQ is 100, since that's what calibrates the scale.

Inteligence vs. Intelligence - You're so funny! And here I thought correcting spelling mistakes was considered bad form. I suppose my missing 'l' negates my point right? It makes it okay for you to disregard the information I've dropped on your head?

Right...

Thankfuly the abilety too spel is naught indickattive of raw inteligens.

Edit: Here's a saved search of all my posts where I spelled intelligence wrong. I think you owe it to yourself and all of ATS to correct me in each and every one. Because it's important.

[edit on 24-7-2005 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
WyrdeOne

You are one funny cookie.

I found it funny that you were pointing out how
'dumb' people were ... and yet you spelled it wrong.

I am a lousy speller so I wouldn't pretend to judge people
based on how they spell. However, when a person is commenting
on the supposed lack of intelligence of others .. it would go over
better if you had actually spelled your posting correctly.

Got any stats on Europe and how 'dumb' or 'smart' they are??
Just curious.

Found some from Canada -
www.meq.gouv.qc.ca...
They are above the average - (so is America) - avg is 20%.

Each generation goes further in education than the previous.
If we were to look at those American stats by age, rather than
by race, we would see more and more % of people going to college.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   

You are one funny cookie.

I try to help people learn and laugh whenever I can. I'm glad I'm not just amusing myself.

I found it funny that you were pointing out how
'dumb' people were ... and yet you spelled it wrong.

I've done it at least a dozen times.

You're not even the first person to call me on it on ATS. I don't know what it is about that word! It's like a perpetual problem for me...

However, when a person is commenting
on the supposed lack of intelligence of others .. it would go over
better if you had actually spelled your posting correctly.

Can't argue with you there.

Got any stats on Europe and how 'dumb' or 'smart' they are??
Just curious.

The European nations average just above 100, in the 101-105 range, with luxemborg (I think) at the top. Germany is like 102 I believe. Asia trumps that, with an average above 105 if memory serves, Singapore with 105, Japan with something on the order of 107.

I think one of the links I provided earlier has some breakdowns, but if you go looking on the web, beware. There're a lot of bogus numbers flooding the net, produced separately by White Supremacists (blacks are dumb, etc.) and Partisans (democrats are dumb, or republicans are dumb, that sort of nonsense.) Their numbers are FALSE and their methodology is crap. Don't trust just any numbers.

Trust mine.

Just kidding of course. There are a few academic sources that seem fairly rigorous in their methodology. The customary way to derive average IQ is using SAT/ACT scores. This obviously doesn't work with other countries, so I assume they use the regional equivalent of those tests. (In China they probably use the university qualifiers or some such.)

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

Thankfuly the abilety too spel is naught indickattive of raw inteligens.[edit on 24-7-2005 by WyrdeOne]

Fit iliterici!

For those that don't know, it's an old Roman saying, just sound it out.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

In regards to the subject - we are ALREADY in WWIII.

I'm not so certain WWII ever really ended...it just got new antagonists while the original players took a break. But, yea, Flyers Fan, WWIII is going on for sure.

Soon we will all see war played out on our televisions as well, since the hockey is back on track. (sorry for the segway, but I couldn't resist)

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
If people would wake up, they would notice that WW3 ended with the collapse of the USSR.

We are fighting WW4 as we speak. WW5 will involve China.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I posted this same topic yesterday.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
We are already involved in WWV. WWII was the so called Cold War. WWIII was the so called Gulf War. The war on terrorism is WWV.

[edit on 2005/7/24 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I am currious if news articles of this nature are prepetory notes to let us know it will be comming soon.

The whole idea of "You said you expected it, so here it is - no big suprise".

The Reference being for a Major war big scale stuff.

In as much as it can be argued that we have already had World Wars since WWII (and I don't disagree) a number of them have been more like Masacres instead of wars. (Like the Iraq mess).

The Concept/expectation of WWIII implies the use of atomic/nucular weapons, eg. when we war with China - that would be concidered to be a World War and China has been stepping up their propoganda machine recently. - Even ATS has been targeted by them as a Propoganda dispencer - search some of the China related posts with in the past week or so. - So something's brewing.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Your topic is misleading.

Based on the poll, it found that 6 out of 10 felt it would happen in their life time.

Some also felt we are already in one.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
IMO, WW2 is the only true "world war" in the sense that it involves combatants from almost all continents (although latin america is absent in the combat theater). WWI only involves the western powers - i would not call Europe and america "the world".

The war today involves mainly the USA and a certain part of islamic civilization, not a world war either.

The cold war could be considered a World "COLD" WAR 1.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
United States of America are fully advanced to look after their own.

First Strike may be the only concern? On that I'm not sure 'cause the USA are very much ahead in Military terms..

Dallas

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Sure we had WW I, and WW II, but WW III is not happening now and is not on the horizon anytime soon.

You need a much higher body count to call it a World War.

And if the average IQ is about 100, the whole planet is in more trouble than I thought. *member runs to check test scores*

And God grant us "spellcheck"............ Amen.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
well thats bushes mission complete then, now that two thirds believe it immanent its up to bush to prove them right

What with those christian fundamentalists believing they'll only go to heaven if the echaton comes, and bush doing his upmost not to disappoint them nor his gun making buddies, or having to keep America at war (as any President has and will do) .. its not a surprising fact now is it?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join