It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 out of ten Americans believe that WW3 is about to began

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I wish it would already.

Im very very toery for some conscription and some warfare.

I want to see the world and contribute to the planets survival lke they didnt in 44/45.

Georgey boy, cant u hit your own country again and get the ball rolling before the public start figuring out what person u really support?

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I have a whole well full of replies to all you arrogant little people. But as I started to write, it occured to me that no matter what I say, it will be disregarded as so much garbage by you little brains. So, I will just make myself feel better and state that I disagree with all that has been said before this post.
MORONS There reallyl is light outside of your rooms....I promise!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yosemite Sam
I have a whole well full of replies to all you arrogant little people. But as I started to write, it occured to me that no matter what I say, it will be disregarded as so much garbage by you little brains. So, I will just make myself feel better and state that I disagree with all that has been said before this post.
MORONS There reallyl is light outside of your rooms....I promise!!!

Well, here's an idea, Yosemite Sam. Why don't you make an effort and attempt to actually add something of value to a thread for once - instead of spewing pointless garbage?

Or better yet, spend more of your time here.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yosemite Sam
I have a whole well full of replies to all you arrogant little people.

ugh, I was hop'n to find some real knowledge in these 'dern' fields w/holes in e'm. You mean to tell me that, I ain't learn'n noth'n? R you fer real? Well, I'm a jes hop'n that you'll teach me some'm that I'm not aware of. You seem to be so smart. Please, mista. Pleeze teach me summ'tyng. I'm so hungry for sum lernin.

[edit on 27-7-2005 by SourGrapes]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
6 out of 10 Americans are apparently incapable of, or won't take the time to, examine the available evidence indicating WWIII is only a remote possibility.; OR, 6 out of 10 Americans are incapable of objective, critical thought.; OR, 6 out of 10 Americans have been watching unhealthy amounts of TV and are now effectively brain dead.; OR, The opening statement of this thread is totally misleading and does not agree with either of the links cited.

"believe WW3 is about to begin" is completely different than "begin during their lifetime."

[edit on 27-7-2005 by Astronomer68]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Each generation goes further in education than the previous.
If we were to look at those American stats by age, rather than
by race, we would see more and more % of people going to college.
That's probably[edit on 7/24/2005 by FlyersFan]

That's probably because fewer and fewer % of people are learning what they should have in high school.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Could someone explain to me how the heak we are in WW3 already. Or as one post said WW4. Or maybe point me to a thread that talks about this. And dont just say beacause we are in it....I want some valid points and FACTS.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I am curious as to how the questions were worded. Most people know that you can influence the outcome of a poll to support your hypothesis in how it is worded.

For instance something like:
"There will be a war in my lifetime"

Strongly Agree
Somewhat Agree
Agree
Somewhat Disagree
Strongly Disagree

vs.

"There may be a war in your lifetime"

Strongly Agree
Somewhat Agree
Agree
Somewhat Disagree
Strongly Disagree

Will likely have quite different results. Also, how were the people surveyed? Was it a random phone sample? Was it an in person questionairre? Was it on college campuses or did it target primarily red or blue states?

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Marid Audran - Your comments are to pertinent to the question to be relevant.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
People are dying for an apocalypse because it sounds so much easier than changing their individual lives for the better.

People have been telling me the end was near since the late 90s, and really I'm sure it's been going on much longer than that. There is always some shadow of a war or of dramatic change etc etc. Life is conflict. Everyone has needs and wants and impulses. Everyone is trying to get something. You get by taking. Love is war. Economics is war. Politics is war. Military preparedness is war. Military confrontation is war. Technological advancement is war. Trying to get a stinking parking space at the mall on the day after christmas is DEFINATELY war.

And everyone's all freaked out by the term world war and any shadow of conflit or confrontation, but it's always been there. Everybody is freaked out that their particular class in society may be becoming serfs or slaves or befallen by some other calamity, but their class has always been in such jeopardy and all they really have to lose is the illusion.

In the sense that the average person typically believes, no World War Three is not highly likely to be right around the corner. I have strong doubts that there will be a large scale military confrontation between major nations.

In another, more accurate sense, world wars are not numbered. The world war started somewhere in a field over ten thousand years ago with a couple of early hunters fighting over game and has steadily grown with occasional spikes and slumps to where we stand today. Yeah, a ton of people are dying all over the place. Almost 2500 friendlies in the war on terror and god knows how many of the indigenous civilians. Well cry me a river. They are no more victim to the world war than the people dying in Africa of starvation and AIDS, rivaling the death toll from the tsunami every week, who could provide for themselves if not for the ravages of the economic world war and its related armed flare-ups.

If we're going to be worried or outraged, let's at least be fair in our application of that. People are letting the zeitgiest push them around way too much here.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The whole world is not yet embroiled in global killing as such, but the environment is changing politically and economically. Countries are aligning themselves into factions and political wrangling has reduced the morality of many world leaders. Those that have courage enough to stand up for what's right get schoolyard bully threats like 'You're either with us or against us'. World War 3 in my opinion has not yet started, but we are nevertheless currently having the 'appetiser'. The main course has yet to be served.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Not including iraq at the moment, but i feel the world is like it has been. I believe this 'doomsday' feeling is created by all of the panic and paranoia being delievered by the media. North Korea has always been sketchy and china has always been just 'there'. The media has us jumping at nothing and questioning our neighbors

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
... the fact that this poll exists at all is a VERY bad sign.

People.. REGARDLESS of their intellegence or their educational background ALL FEEL like the big one is coming.

C'mon.. READ the stuff that is being printed all over the damn net and in the papers and overseas press.. there hasn't been this much 'drive to war' since the start of the century.

You attempt to write this off as propaganda.. fine, its propaganda.. but its working.. and that is the point of it. You can write it off as people being 'dumb' well.. that doesn't matter now does it.. if they ACCEPT that war is coming well TPTB have done their job, because now they can proceed and they know that people will accept their BS excuses for doing this to us all.

And its not JUST polls like this that are the signs that nearly everyone is scared as hell and ready to jump in the shelter.. the alerts.. the executions in the middle of the streets in the UK... THIS IS UGLY SIHT, and it HAS MEANING.. its HAD meaning in the past.. people then too said "Ah, it'll never happen." ..and it did.. it almost did during the Cuban thing.. you know..

..does it not mean anything to you at all, that the people who are in power right now have family histories of making fortunes off of war and starting wars?

Its so damn obvious whats about to come down on us.. YOU THINK THIS IS ALL FOR SHOW?! You think they are spending .. WASTING all this money with war games and war machines just to flex a little?

Unbelieveable.

You have no idea how many people are calling for total war right now, they don't even want to 'wait for the next attack' .. on either side. You think all the other Arab countries are sitting around going "So... when you think the US is coming after us?" .. or do you think maybe they might be getting a little proactive about the situation?

This is why people are feeling this way.. that the war is coming.. because we have been WELL conditioned to accept that its on its way.. and everyone is ready to play the frelling game again anyways.

I'm hoping that the recent rumors that Bush and company are about to be tossed out are what is holding the whole thing from falling going ahead.. otoh.. it might just be the trigger they needed.. who the hell knows.

Man, if you are denying that things are bleek.. you need to take a better look around at whats going on.. there are preps being made.. this thing is coming if you believe it or not.

-VMX

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
VM, I am paying close attention to your 'ark' thread and I appreciate your posts. I am in total agreement with you about the conditioning of the masses. Example:

I don't know if other ATSers saw this moment on Yahoo, but if it doesn't make you think, you need to check your head. Yahoo's front page is a total soundboard for elite issues and one can observe this by watching what news makes the headlines. Now ask yourself this: Why would a major internet news site strain their own credibility by posting this?

Either we nutjob conspiracy theorists have invaded Yahoo too, or there is heavy, heavy conditioning going on in America right now.

Notice also how the headline tells you that this is a poll, which is designed to make you want to accept that idea of WW3 and integrate it into your life as "all other" Americans are doing. There's no need to even click the link. The effect is obtained when all the Yahoo-monkeys see it and start influencing their friends with this meme.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
8 out of 10 Americans don't have the inteligence to finish college,
do higher math, or solve complex logic problems.

You spelled intelligence wrong.
That's a fourth grade
spelling word. Guess that means you don't have the intelligence
to pass fourth grade, eh?

In regards to the subject - we are ALREADY in WWIII.

In a way I thought this was funny as hell....

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
"A world war is a military conflict affecting the majority of the world's countries. World wars usually span multiple continents, and are very bloody and destructive."
en.wikipedia.org...

In my opinion we have only had two world wars so far, and I guess you could say we're in one at the moment, in the beginning of one.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join