It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dairy Industry - America's Cancer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I also love how the anti-milk people are usually pro animal welfare.

Stop milking cows !

A dairy cow can easily give 40 liters of milk a day. This large volume cannot be absorbed. The teats will eventually leak, and the cow will be in severe distress and pain if not milked.

Other breeds of cattle that are not bred for milking produce just enough milk to feed one or two calfs. If the calf dies the milk production will be stopped whithout so much problems and most of the milk will be reabsorbed.

Keep on rocking in the free world.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken

Truely, I doubt there is much canadian beef in NZ. I have never seen it in the supermarket, nor would I see a reason for it,

Just because its not banned doesn't mean its imported. I would be facinated to see anyy stats on how much is imported and where its used.

New Zealand, one of the largest exporters of beef to Canada, has lifted restrictions on imports of Canadian beef two years after Canada found its first case of mad cow disease, Ottawa said on Friday.

The decision means all beef products can enter New Zealand from all ages of cattle, the president of the Canada Beef Export Federation said.

Canada exported C$41 million ($34 million) worth of farm goods to New Zealand in 2004, with pork and wheat being the two biggest products. It imported C$383 million of goods, including C$91 million of beef.

Source

Another Source

Yet another source

More

By the way, I just want to clarify that not all of dairy or beef in Canada or the United States operates in this manner you mention.

There are organic farms springing up all over the place. There will be more, it takes years to get certified here (Canada).

In my area, the closest feedlot is 60 miles away and the rest of the land inbetween it is all open fields, pastures, farm land etc.

YES the cattle see the sun

YES they eat "grass", theres tons of different feeds.

YES there are feed restrictions here and in the states and yes they should be improved to remove all animal matter.

NO nobody around here feeds there cows pig blood or plate waste

People treat there cattle very well around here. Its not like we go around beating them with hammers and injecting them with growth hormones. Dairy cows live a long and healthy easy life.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Well waddayaknow!

You got me Dulcimer

Good hunting

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chuck Stevenson

Originally posted by eudaimonia
Did you know that Milk contains the ingredient casein, the same ingredient that's used to glue together furniture? The more glue you drink, the more mucus forms. The more mucus grows, the better chances you'll end up sick. It can even be fatal!

Having no mucus whatsoever can be fatal as well as you would know if you were a serious student of human physiology. If you terminate the mucus flow from the sinus, you will destroy your stomach as mucus lining the stomach walls keeps the stomach acids from eating the stomach.

Did you know that ignorance can be contagious? Better get a checkup!

I know the function of mucus and how important it is. I didn't say to terminate all mucus, what I'm saying is the moment you consume dairy excess mucus will develop and that causes a host of problems for the body.

So I'm ignorant now? Don't be so cocky and learn some manners.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
If Dairy was sooooooo bad for you I would have died before I reached the age of 20. I mean seriously anything can potentially be bad for you if it's abused.

The problem is children as young as 1 are being fed dairy products. That is a serious problem because children are still in their development stages and consuming milk 2 or 3 times a day will eventually get them sick. Their bodies will not function naturally as they age because their genetic structure is being altered. Hormones is the big issue here and it's a fact that these hormones raises the risk for cancer and other bodily disfunctions.

The point I'm making is, why drink milk to being with? You don't need it. I know when I stopped eating all dairy products, I felt a whole lot better. It's like a black coud passes over you, I was thinking straight, I felt calmer, I had more energy, etc. If you're drinking it because of the calcium then might I inform you that the amount of calcium in milk is not even close to the standard amount the body needs. In fact, the protein in the milk destroys most of the calcium in it. That's a fact.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Have you had "American" milk? or its organic varieties? That would be like me going on about how Perth sourdough bread sucks et al.

Plenty of options out there in the US and the number of organic milk producers continues to rise with the increased demand. ie. That based on your links meet the same standards. www.horizonorganic.com...

Actually, organic milk is just as bad as regular milk. It still contains the same hazardous chemicals...just not as much. But it's still there. The major point I'm making here is, you don't need to drink cow's milk. There are other sources of calcium from foods or drinks that are healthier and has just about the same amount of calcium if not more than any milk product out there.

Just the thought of drinking cow's milk should raise some eyebrows. Please think about it.

and regarding Horizon...the leading producer of organic milk and dairy products.

Horizon Investigation
must click free pass to read whole article

"Free Range" Is Still Factory Farming

Horizon Organic Dairy

small section pasted that I found to be the highlight of the article...

"Oh yes...organic milk. The healthiest milk from the healthiest cow is naturally loaded with lactoferrins, immunoglobulins, and growth hormones. Horizon's organic milk contains animal fat and cholesterol, dioxins, and bacteria. The amount of somatic cells (pus) in organic milk is lower than milk from non-organic cows, but it's still dead white blood cells and dead bacteria. Ask yourself this question. Does organic human breast milk sound like a delicious drink for an adult human? Instinctively, most people know that there are substances in breast milk that are not intended for their adult bodies. Same goes for pig's milk and dog's milk. Same for cow's milk.

Some people may not be able to tolerate lactose, a milk sugar. One hundred percent of humans are allergic to casein, a milk protein. Eighty percent of the protein in Horizon's organic dairy products is casein, the same glue used to adhere a label to a bottle of beer. Eat casein and your body produces histamines, then mucous. This sludge congests your organs. Give up all milk and dairy products for just one week and an internal "fog" will lift from your body.

Is genetically engineered milk dangerous? You bet! Organic milk contains just a little bit less of the same hormones. I find very little difference between the two."

[edit on 21-7-2005 by eudaimonia]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Interesting links in the first post. Not one of them is a website I would consider reliable.

Look up those organizations in www.activistcash.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The book, The China Study, details research in which it was PROVEN that a diet that includes dairy can trigger cancer. In this particular study rats were given a cancer-causing agent (aflatoxin, a peanut mold). Half the rates were fed a diet containing 10% protein from casein, the dairy protein, and the othr half were given a diet containing 10% protein from vegetable sources. ALL THE RATS WHO ATE DAIRY DIED. None of the rats who ate veg protein died. That is pretty rare to have 100% and 0% in a nutritional study like that. Then they did an experiment where all the rats got aflatoxin, they were all fed dairy, and they all began to grow tumors. Then half had their diets changed to veg protein sources and guess what? The cancer stopped in those rats. They've done these tests over and over. There are cases in which humans change their diet and see diseases reverse. It's hard to hear that something so prevalent in our society might be so dangerous, but the science backs up these claims. Read the China Study, written by one of the most famous and qualified nutritionists in the history of nutrition science, not some whack-job. The worst thing is this is all old news. Everytime you see someone with a pink ribbon or hear a sad story of someone who died of cancer (or heart disease or diabtes or a number of other Western disease) ask yourself if consuming dairy is really worth it. Is it really such a small thing to give up if it could be saving people's lives? Start looking at the ingrediengts in the foods you eat. See how much dairy you're consuming? Is it really worth it? At least do some real research.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I used to drink milk a lot when I was younger, but then it started giving me digestive problems, even the organic kind. So now I stick to oat or rice milk, which is just as yummy.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Simply buy organic milk (not that much more than regular stuff.

Pretty naive. The whole organic sham caters well to those who sleep better knowing that someone has slapped an organic label on their product. Depending on the country most of it is not regulated so who really knows how organic products sold are. What it does provide is a fast buck for cash starved farmers and their distribution channels.

brill

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Under Codex Alimentarius, which goes into world wide effect New Years Eve 2009, all cows must be treated with Monsanto's Bovine growth hormone.

This is already being done in the united states, there are a variety of documentarys which display the horrors of what is done to cows in the united states and elsewhere. For all you people who seem to be vehemently against the fact that milk could ever be bad for you, how can you be so oblivious? It's been outlined manyyy times before. The hormones have also been linked to earlier and earlier female development, no, girls didn't have racks at 10 years old 50 years ago.

Milk is just yet one more food item that is absolutely poisoning the populace. You don't even need to start on all the artificial sweetners, manufactured food, MSG being PUMPED into everything! The food that the population en masse consumes in the United States is absolute horse #.

Quit being ignorant people, your government has raped you in every facet of your life, why would they care about the quality of the food you eat?

LEARN ABOUT THE MILK YOU DRINK!:
www.youtube.com...

LEARN MORE ABOUT MONSANTO (From the film "The Corporation):
www.youtube.com...

LEARN ABOUT THE MSG YOU INGEST IN ALMOST EVERYTHING AT YOUR SUPERMARKET:
www.youtube.com...

LEARN ABOUT ASPARTAME:
www.youtube.com...

MORE ABOUT ASPARTAME FROM ESOTERIC AGENDA:
www.youtube.com...

LEARN ABOUT CODEX ALIMENTARIUS:
www.youtube.com...

An additional note, its mentioned in esoteric agenda that I believe in 80's the government had a list of 92 side effects of Aspertame. Donald Rumsfeld then pumped aspertame into over 5000 products while CEO of Cerale (spelling is way off... i know..)

Quit thinking that the government is on your side as far as food goes, thats the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Well, at least since I heard about the pancake theory.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by king9072]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Don't worry, Netchicken. I'll drink both our share of milk and enjoy my great health.

You don't have to worry about it at all!

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SweetRevenge
Don't worry, Netchicken. I'll drink both our share of milk and enjoy my great health.

You don't have to worry about it at all!

After all, ignorance IS bliss.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join