It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dairy Industry - America's Cancer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Dairy is, in my opinion, the most dangerous food in the world.

I honestly and whole heartily believe the dairy industry should be shut down for good, for they choose profit over lives. They are killing the masses, slowly but surely. I can just picture how disgusting it must be to look at the men and women who work for this industry, they must be having a blast getting cows to pump their bills...smiling their way to the bank. Not a care in the world. I shake my head every time I see a small child drinking a bottle or carton of cow's milk. It just deeply saddens me when family members are not informed or educated on the hazardous chemicals in dairy products. Marketing cow's milk is not only wrong, but it logically doesn't make sense. You are drinking milk that is for the calf, not for human consumption!

Did you know that Milk contains the ingredient casein, the same ingredient that's used to glue together furniture? The more glue you drink, the more mucus forms. The more mucus grows, the better chances you'll end up sick. It can even be fatal!

Please allow me to post these links, I think they're very important!

Not Milk - Here's Why
video

A Letter from an MD to Patients
article

Hormones in Milk Are Linked to Cancer
article

Nondairy Milk is healthier for us and the environment
article

Americans must wake up to this epidemic and try to inform as many people about it. We need to have others be aware, especially our closest friends and loved ones!

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Uh.. I don't know what to say.. next I'm goign too be told that bread is the worst food for you.
Basically my diet breaks down to this
about 5-7 pounds of bread a week
about 1.5 galons of water a day
Milk
cheese
fruit
fruit juices 100% natural
little beef
eggs
grain products

I cousume a good bit of dairy and have never even had a problem.
I have been on my diet of that for over 3 years and am rarely sick. My doctor claims I am one of her healthiest paitents at my age. My metablisom is great and I have ltos of energy. I'm never depressed and almost always happy.

If dairy is going to kill me than I die happy.

I don't trust your first article either.... Any site that makes claims in BOLD ALL CAPS does not get my beliefs.

intresting though

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Actually I totally agree.
The cows are pumped full of chemicals, fed on animal byproducts and the milk just passes these impurities on to the people.

Its just another form of poisoning.
Whats the answer?
BUY NEW ZEALAND MILK!

Why?
The cows eat grass (yeah really, that green stuff in parks, its bizarre, they seem to like it)
They live outside in the sun,
there are no checmicals or hormones given to them,
milk is tested for purity on numerous levels.

The cows live a nice life, before going to the great abotaur (sp?) in the sky, and ending up on our plate, as nice steaks.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by eudaimonia
Did you know that Milk contains the ingredient casein, the same ingredient that's used to glue together furniture? The more glue you drink, the more mucus forms. The more mucus grows, the better chances you'll end up sick. It can even be fatal!

Having no mucus whatsoever can be fatal as well as you would know if you were a serious student of human physiology. If you terminate the mucus flow from the sinus, you will destroy your stomach as mucus lining the stomach walls keeps the stomach acids from eating the stomach.

Did you know that ignorance can be contagious? Better get a checkup!

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Every time i see one of these anti agriculture threads it makes me sick.

Im in agriculture go ahead and ask me the questions. I may not deal in dairy, but I can inform you better than this nonsense.

Netchicken why dont you inform us what chemicals are used, what animal byproducts they are fed etc.

Buy New Zealand Milk? What? What does that solve? Perhaps in your area industrial farming is taking over, and yes thats wrong, but where I am its not. How do you know where your milk comes from? Do you trace it from the bottle back to the cow?

Do you have any idea of how the entire dairy industry operates?

Is our milk not tested for quality? OF COURSE IT IS.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
If Dairy was sooooooo bad for you I would have died before I reached the age of 20. I mean seriously anything can potentially be bad for you if it's abused.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Listen, I refuse to drink anything that dripped off the bottom of a cow, period. Furthermore, I believe that cow's milk is great - if you are a calf.
However, my first ex wife drinks more milk per day than most calves, and she appears to be healthy (one cannot look at her mind, after all! :lol
and will probably out-live me.

I wouldn't be worried about it, except for the points Netty raised.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Simply buy organic milk (not that much more than regular stuff.

Only wanting to slightly disagree with NetChicken (pehaps he should stick to poultry
) Dairy cows would not make a great steak. Hamburger maybe but steak? No chance, stick to the grain fed bull for your T-Bone!

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

I wouldn't be worried about it, except for the points Netty raised.

Like I said before, prove these points.

Why do people go around bashing the industry with these generalized statements lacking support knowledge.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Its such fun debating with people who havn't got a clue

www.wholesalecolostrum.net...

One of the reasons for this high regard is that New Zealand dairies are held to some of the most stringent standards in the world. In New Zealand, the Dairy and Plant Products Group (a division of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry-MAF) provides assurance to consumers, both domestic and international, that New Zealand’s dairy products are safe and true to label. And, the government mandates that all dairy products (colostrum included) must be free of antibiotics, chemical residues and hormones (rbST is illegal in New Zealand).

and

Antibiotic use
NZ Illegal in NZ
USA Practiced on most dairy farms
Hormones
NZ Illegal in NZ
USA Currently allowed
Penalties for contamination infractions
NZ Fines up to $100,000 possible
USA Considered misdemeanor / no fine

Yep milk in America sucks big time.....

Cheak out this...
www.nzfsa.govt.nz...

and...
www.foodrevolution.org...

Feeding grain to cattle has got to be one of the dumbest ideas in the history of western civilization. .... in the United States today what is commercially available is almost all feedlot beef. The reason? It's faster, and so more profitable. .... It takes enormous quantities of corn, protein supplements, antibiotics and other drugs, including growth hormones.

Yup, sucked in by the almighty dollar again, pumnped full of hormones and checmicals so the farmer can make more bucks.

www.ajc.com...

sad....

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I'm sorry, Dulcimer, but prove what?
That livestock are injected with hormones, antibiotics and the like?

I may not be in agriculture, and if I were I don't think it'd give me a leg up, but I do know ranchers and I know what they do and what they use. As far as I can tell, there is nothing to "prove", here.

Eat what you prefer, drink what you will, what do I care?

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   
New Zealand food and safety authority says:

Should I stop drinking milk?

No. Milk is nutritious and beneficial and should remain part of a balanced diet.

Courtesy of your first link.

But the same source also mentions many other things.

How are antibiotics used in animals?

Like humans, animals need antibiotics to fight off bacterial infections. The use of antibiotics in cattle and sheep is relatively low due to the pastoral farming systems in New Zealand. Use tends to be higher in the intensive rearing industries, mainly the pig and poultry industries.

Also this is mentioned.

Internationally, antibiotics may also be used for growth promotion. In intensive rearing situations, healthy food animals can be fed very low doses for long periods to increase the rate and efficiency of the growth of the animal. In New Zealand however, growth promotion as an approved use has been removed for all antibiotic products, except those known not to contribute to the development of antibiotic resistance.

Why isn't antibiotic use in animals stopped?

Antibiotics are essential for the health and welfare of animals. The livestock industry are investigating alternatives, but in many cases antibiotics must still be used to ensure the health and welfare of animals. The use of some antibiotics provides no risk for antibiotic resistance in human pathogens as those antibiotics are not or cannot be used in humans and do not cause cross resistance in antibiotics of greater importance in human health.

Source

What do you think of this article talking about somatotropins.

Link

This link you mentioned:

www.wholesalecolostrum.net...

fails to mention the restrictions in place for feed.

I guess they are not to worried about it though, New Zealand is currently taking our Canadian beef, which according to protectionists in the United States, was deemed unsafe.

Got milk ?

Edit: Use of bold function

[edit on 21-7-2005 by Dulcimer]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I'm sorry, Dulcimer, but prove what?
That livestock are injected with hormones, antibiotics and the like?

I may not be in agriculture, and if I were I don't think it'd give me a leg up, but I do know ranchers and I know what they do and what they use. As far as I can tell, there is nothing to "prove", here.

Its fine, you dont have to prove anything, I just get ticked off when people bash the industry.

Sorry.

Edit: Quote issue

[edit on 21-7-2005 by Dulcimer]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
WE humans use antibiotics, but we do not continuously use them, nor should we. Livestock does. What they ingest, we ingest.

Back to the same thing; eat and drink what you prefer, and I will do the same thing. Seems I'm not alone.

Like I said, though, the ex drinks enough milk to float a battleship and she seems to be doing fine. One thing, though; her teeth are nearly as healthy as mine, and I prefer to get my calcium from green, leafy veggies. Oh, and I do NOT drink city tap water with flouride and other types of crap dumped in it.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Alot of "cheap" bottled water is no better than tap water. In some cases it is tap water.

In fact, about one-fourth of bottled water is actually bottled tap water, according to government and industry estimates (some estimates go as high as 40 percent). And FDA rules allow bottlers to call their product "spring water" even though it may be brought to the surface using a pumped well, and it may be treated with chemicals. But the actual source of water is not always made clear -- some bottled water marketing is misleading, implying the water comes from pristine sources when it does not. In 1995, the FDA issued labeling rules to prevent misleading claims, but while the rules do prohibit some of the most deceptive labeling practices, they have not eliminated the problem.

www.nrdc.org...

Nothing is "safe"

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Everything will kill you. The water I drink, however, is water from a spring up the road. I am quite familiar with the water, the land, and its quality.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going out on the porch for a smoke.

Hey! Why the look of disgust? With everything else I'm doing right I figure I can enjoy a few cigarettes!

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
After reading the information available including on www.notmilk.com..., and my own personal transformation from consuming dairy and meat to a vegan, I am convinced that we should at the very least limit our consumpation of animal products. Personally I feel much better with more energy and less lethargy after having given up animal products. To those who tout the benefits of dairy and/or meat consumption - beware of the source of your information. If it is put forward by industry representatives who have a vested interest in profiting from a pro stance then you should be suspicious.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Netchicken, while I will not get into a debate over the benifits of milk from New Zealand (grass fed, hormone free milk is always the best),

However to lable US milk as

Yep milk in America sucks big time.....
is at best a generalization. Have you had "American" milk? or its organic varieties? That would be like me going on about how Perth sourdough bread sucks et al.

Plenty of options out there in the US and the number of organic milk producers continues to rise with the increased demand. ie. That based on your links meet the same standards. www.horizonorganic.com...

[edit on 7/21/05 by FredT]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Yes www.notmilk.com... is very concerned. So concerned in fact that there latest mad cow update is from 2003.

If you want to believe everything you read on there, go ahead.

I can see fighting this is a losing cause.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Dulcimer I fail to see what your concern is, are you just grabbing at straws to make a point?

There is nothing about feed fed cows and beef because I imagine there are none. I have to say I seen heaps of farms yet never one where the animals eat anything but grass (this is not the same for pigs and chickens however so I gather).

The Antibiotics in animals link is for general animals.
In my thread above you will see that anitbiotics and hormones are ILLEGAL in cows, therefore not in the milk.

Truely, I doubt there is much canadian beef in NZ. I have never seen it in the supermarket, nor would I see a reason for it,

Just because its not banned doesn't mean its imported. I would be facinated to see anyy stats on how much is imported and where its used.

I reiterate again, certianly American milk and presumably canadian milk and beef is packed full of nasty body destroying hormones and chemicals, however this is not the case for New Zealnd beef and milk.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join