It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Masons. Good or Evil?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Coemgen

Not vague nor sinister, that is your interpretation.

Well said Coemgen. It is my interpretation and others can look at it and say, "That is not the interpretation I received." So be it. I am alright with that and yes I was not being kind. So I will take your advice and try to remember to be kind from now on. Really, I will.

I have learned a lot from perusing these boards here and I am always learning with the help of such individuals as yourself. I can admit when I was wrong and I do. Again, I didn't mean to take long in addressing this for you but things happen in the real world and they require attention.

Do not let my mistakes dwell on you friend. We are all human and we are all learning and you have taught me some good stuff so I appreciate it. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
A: Freethinkers when your blind fold is removed on third degree what is revealed is up to you. Time and time again I have seen fellow masons state its a personal experience. The experience is based on you. I don't think it should be seen as a faith but I think it breaks up dogmas and superstitions and brings you through an experience where you see your journey is all things asked.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
masons cant be that bad c'mon!

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
My father is a mason. He's an atheist.. but when I asked him why he joined the masons.. he said "I want to be apart of something bigger." That answer troubled me.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RyannVonDoom

No regular Mason can ever be an atheist. Is he a part of a Co-Mason Lodge?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
There are many conspiracies saying that because of its extreme secret nature, the Freemasons are up to something, something evil and possibly something connected to world domination.

On the other hand, what people know about the Freemasons nowadays is that it's just another brotherhood society where people can feel like they're part of something and that they can belong.

Basically, it's up to you to decide.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
"There is no evidence to suggest that Freemasonry is engaged in any of the activities you mention, so I would be interested to know how you formed this opinion. I'd also like to know what the difference between a low-level and a high-level mason actually is, as these terms are not known or used within freemasonry."

Incidentally Bush is not a freemason. This may have been mentioned before.

Whoever said this probably did not know there are quite a few evidences of bush and a few other former presidents involved in evil rituals ...

www.youtube.com...

this is just one of them ..

edit on 16-4-2011 by arjunj because: i did not quote it properly .. im new to this site

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Trinityman

Whoever said this probably did not know there are quite a few evidences of bush and a few other former presidents involved in evil rituals ...

www.youtube.com...

this is just one of them ..

edit on 16-4-2011 by arjunj because: had given the wrong link , sorry!

edit on 16-4-2011 by arjunj because: had given the wrong link , sorry again!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

What happens to regular Freemasons if they lose their faith sometime after they are raised? Are they automatically suspended or expelled on this basis? If a brother expressed his spiritual struggle and loss of faith to you, but asked you to keep his secret...you might whisper words of good counsel to him but would otherwise keep his secret wouldn't you?
edit on 16-4-2011 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha

There used to be a member who frequented this site who dropped from the rolls. I would whisper counsel in his ear about his obligations to be a man of faith. I would hold onto the secret, but if he went on I'd lose a lot of respect. I have a great friend who is atheist and I would love for him to join, but he knows the requirements and would never break that bond of trust.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

there was a member of this site who lost his belief in God and left masonry because of it. While I hate that he had something happen to him that made him loose faith, I do respect him for knowing and living his obligation. There are several members here who sound like they would make great masons, but that one part seems to be their blockade.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RyannVonDoom
My father is a mason. He's an atheist.. but when I asked him why he joined the masons.. he said "I want to be apart of something bigger." That answer troubled me.

My father is also a Freemason, but he is a theist (God-ist), however his definition of "God" is every Communist's definition of a Capitalist Devil. The "something bigger" is essentially an organisation which operates like a Capitalist gang. Thus my judgement is that Freemasonry is essentially a malevolent Messianic cult whose members are often entwined with the Capitalist, state terrorist, narco-terrorist establishment; however it is not a judgement which is primarily based on their silly hazing rituals, but on the "behaviour" and on the political ideology held by most Masons, which tends to be in favour of genocidal Capitalist imperialism and support for the "International Dictatorship of Capitalism" in general.

Anyone who is opposed to the power and existence of Capitalist gangs such as the Italian and Russian Mafia, the Yakuza, the Triads, the Bloods and the Crips, and so forth, and who is not opposed to Freemasonry is simply taking the side of one Capitalist gang over another. Further the anti-Masonic conspiracy theorists who are Christians or who are simply part of a competing religion in the marketplace of religious cults are usually no better than the Masons themselves as they are usually similarly anti-Communist and pro-Capitalist; they just share a competing "belief" system about who gets to spends eternity in the afterlife with their Capitalist god and with other Capitalist devils and religious fanatics such as themselves.

Masonry can take a Capitalist and make them a more effective Capitalist, since Capitalists thrive better in organised gangs, but one can say the same for any Capitalist gang; however the addition of theistic beliefs in Masonry indoctrinates some of their less intelligent acolytes and convinces them that they are "good" or "godly" and that devotion to the god of Capitalism and a life spent in pursuit of the aquisition of Capital, will be rewarded in eternity in the all male (I must assume it is "male only") "Grand Lodge" in the afterlife, and in this respect it is similar to Islamic or Christian religious hypnosis and indoctrination.

I don't find Masons to be "personally" evil in the sense that they are particularly nasty individuals on a personal level; they are certainly much more civillised and educated than other Capitalist gangs, such as the Bloods and the Crips, and so forth; they mostly seem to treat their friends and family very well, just as most members of Capitalist gangs do; however they are most certainly generally ideologically "evil," in terms of their effect on humankind.

An economic slavemaster is not judged by his enemies on how well he treats his friends and family; he is judged by his victims and slaves. I am quite sure, for example, that the head of the British army (Elizabeth Windsor) loves her children; that is not the point; the millions of victims of her imperialistic, state terrorist narco-terrorist army will probably have a very different judgement of her.

Lux

"For every slave a master and for every master a slave; neither slaves nor masters be; no gods no masters."

edit on 17-4-2011 by Lucifer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I'm a little confused too. Aren't the free masons the one's who came up with the constitution? Why wouldn't we like the constitution?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucifer777

Please note that your opinion is not fact. 

I am still awaiting to find out who the Messiah is in Freemasonry. How can you call us "messianic" but don't give definition of who our messiah is. Pretty illogical and irresponsible.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

Please note that your opinion is not fact.

It is merely a statement of the obvious to claim that an opinion or a judgement is not a fact; an objective fact is only what is verifiable to the five senses. As far as I am concerned my moral judgements (subjective discernments of good and evil) represent the highest authority in heaven and earth; that of my own reason and intuition, and I could care less about the "judgements" of religious fanatics and the various devotees of the God of Capitalism and their metaphysical ramblings.

Similarly one can say that the definition of a Masonic Capitalist, state terrorist, narco-terrorist collaborating deity (for who else would love such wretched and morally subhuman vermin as the Masonic cultiusts?) is simply your own ridiculous opinion and an anthropomorphic projection of your own ideological evil.

Originally posted by KSigMason

I am still awaiting to find out who the Messiah is in Freemasonry. How can you call us "messianic" but don't give definition of who our messiah is. Pretty illogical and irresponsible.

I have already responded to this matter on previous occasions; and thus rather than continually restating the matter, I will have made a new thread on this: On the Masonic "King of all the World (Hiram Abiff), and other conspiracy theories promoted by Freemason conspiracy theorists." on: www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you consider the arguments of the Msonic authors Knight and Lomas or the "tin foil hat" Masonic author Michael Baigent's arguments that Masonry is a Messianic cult, or my own statements to this effect to be "illogical and irresponsible , that is not a proper "argument;" it is just sophistry; a reasoned "argument" would state "why" you consider such arguments to be illogical and irresponsible.

With regards to the "definition" of your Messianic cult leader, since my judgement of the Freemasons is that they are generally a cult of Capitalist Devils, I think it highly unlikely that their king would be an Anarchist Lesbian Communist, and is more likely to be just another Capitalist Devil like the members of his cult / gang. We are judged by company we keep and by our allies and their behaviour.

Lucifer

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I also don't care about the judgment of men, such as yourself.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by no1smootha

What happens to regular Freemasons if they lose their faith sometime after they are raised? Are they automatically suspended or expelled on this basis? If a brother expressed his spiritual struggle and loss of faith to you, but asked you to keep his secret...you might whisper words of good counsel to him but would otherwise keep his secret wouldn't you?

The Constitution of the Grand Lodge of my jurisdiction is clear in this regard. A Freemason who becomes an atheist after admission is bound by his duty to withdraw himself from the fraternity. If he does not so do, he must be expelled.

Regardless of what some of our more timid brethren have claimed in recent years, Freemasonry is primarily a religious institution. If one is irreligious, he cannot be a Freemason.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Regardless of what some of our more timid brethren have claimed in recent years, Freemasonry is primarily a religious institution. If one is irreligious, he cannot be a Freemason.

What do you mean by irreligious? My fellow brethren have said numerous times to me that it is okay for a person to join who does not have religion, as long as he believes in a supreme being? I for one hold religion in contempt; however, I can't hold any man (not just brethren) in contempt because he has religion. If it helps I will go through the fellow craft degree this Thurs.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

I think he was referring to those without any faith or belief.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew

What do you mean by irreligious? My fellow brethren have said numerous times to me that it is okay for a person to join who does not have religion, as long as he believes in a supreme being?

The Constitutions of Masonry, compiled by Anderson, state the qualifications of being made a Mason, and address "irreligious libertines" and "stupid atheists" specifically. "Irreligious" refers to those, in your own words, "hold religion in contempt".

I for one hold religion in contempt.

Then I'm curious as to why you want to become a Freemason.

Every lodge is a temple of religion and its teachings are instruction in religion. - Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma, p. 213

edit on 19-4-2011 by Masonic Light because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join