It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Ways To Fight Hate

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Count me In!

10 Ways 2
HATE.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The Internet has become a valuable tool for hate groups. There are dozens of hate driven sites and most of them have their own forums. These forums even share recruitment ideas and 'invade' other forums like ATS to push their hate agenda. They lurk on instant messengers and they hide in chats waiting for a chance to spread hate.

People must stand up against hate groups. Imagine what the world would be like today if these groups went about their business with out opposition.

We also have to remember racism isn't born, it's taught. Many young people come online with clear minds. They can either see our community full of messages of hate or messages of tolerance.

I hope they come here to see our messages of tolerance.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
As much as I love to belong, I also love a little individuality.

I do like this "movement", very much so and will support it.

I'd like to offer a simple way I like to use to explain why people really hate:

People love people, pets, and things.

People are fearful something or someone might take the people, pets, things they love away from them.

People hate what they fear might remove the people, pets, things they love from thier lives.

The opposite of Love?

Fear.

The reaction to fear?

Hate.

I truly believe all negativity only stems from 1 base emotion.

FEAR.

For how can we legitimatley hate anyone, unless we are first fearfull that it will destroy that which we love?

Dear humanity,
We utilize hate to justify our wars out of fear of loosing our freedom and that which we love (Our God, our country, our home, our families, our friends, our ideologies, our car, our dog, our stuff.....)

[edit on 25/7/05 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I support this idea 100%. I have had enough of the hatred at ATS from all sides. Something must be done, and when it comes to such efforts it is the community who picks up the ball and runs with it.

A common tactic at ATS among the bigotted groups is to label anyone who doesn't agree with them as "haters". It is time that they are exposed for the bigots that they are so that they can confront their own problems. No more skirting slyly around their hateful views. Only the weak are too afraid to state their agenda upfront and accept the consequences.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
seems that bts/ats is once again in low bandwidth mode. :shk:

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I can't wait 'till the new server is up and running.
ATS will look so colorful

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
cargo, the banner in your sig isn't showing up properly. Just let me know if you need help with the code.
Most likely you just haven't seen it yet due to low-bandwidth.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Yeah its not working. I suggest that rather than show the code in an image, provide it as text so people can just copy it. I typed it all out correctly as I see it in your image example, but there seem to be spaces here and there etc.

Im aware that if you show it as text, it will just appear as the image with underlying link the same as in the sigs at the moment. Maybe put a few * in there to corrupt the code and tell people not to include them.

[edit on 29-7-2005 by cargo]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'm in, as well.

Getting tired of the "nazi" labels and cliches being utilized and insinuated.

seekerof

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
Yeah its not working. I suggest that rather than show the code in an image, provide it as text so people can just copy it. I typed it all out correctly as I see it in your image example, but there seem to be spaces here and there etc.

Im aware that if you show it as text, it will just appear as the image with underlying link the same as in the sigs at the moment. Maybe put a few * in there to corrupt the code and tell people not to include them.

[edit on 29-7-2005 by cargo]

One way to do is to quote my original post. It will show the code and you will be able to copy it from there.

Hope that helps

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
i would like to have the banner in my signature, i think the more people are not aware of how world wide this hate is, we all need to stick together and try and stop this. we need to support the vitims of this cause.

could it be possible for someone to help me please put the banner in my signature.

oni x x

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I worked out what was wrong. I missed a "]" at the end of "html"

Oni, copy this code, but DO NOT include the * characters I have inserted in there:

[*url=http://www.tolerance.org/10_ways/index.html][*IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v717/Umbrax2/10ways.gif[/IMG][/url]

Click on "Settings" at the top of the page (menu across the top). Click "Edit Profile". Towards the bottom of the page, paste the code into the "Signature" area of the page.

[edit on 30-7-2005 by cargo]

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Thanks for putting up the code like that cargo

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
cheers cargo. thanks i worked it out lol, took me a while but we did it!!

WOO HOO have a drink!

lol sorry.

oni x x

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   
hmmm

Isn't it really strange that the "low badwidth" mode started when we put the banner in our signatures....

I smell a conspiracy here....

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
hmmm

Isn't it really strange that the "low badwidth" mode started when we put the banner in our signatures....

I smell a conspiracy here....

You're not suggesting that the administration is trying to deny our missons of denying hate are you?

Does the corruption know no bounds?!? lol

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
TEN WAYS TO FIGHT HATE:

1) Yell "NO" at it

2) Tell it to stand in the corner for a time out.

3) Make it write on the board, again and again and again and again .....

4) Make it eat soap.

5) Ground it.

6) Spank it.

7) Slap its hands.

8) Ignore it.

9) Ignore it some more.

10) Take away its allowance.

11) Take it to church.

12) Take it to confession.

13) Put it out to stud.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I've been offline for about 6 weeks and being back these past few days things seem better on ATS.
I remember when I first started this thread it seemed that not a day went by that I didn't see a hate thread directed towards some group of people. Since I've been back I've seen none

I don't know if this thread has anything to do with it, but I'm glad that things seem better now

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Good idea. I'm going to support this and put it in my signature.

-DucKid

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I've got the feeling that I need to put this back into my signature.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join