It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Ways To Fight Hate

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
people in high places want us to hate, it is a sign of fear so they can control us. i say instead of focusing on hate, we focus on love. and radiate love where ever we go.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Well with words like this around the board I figured it would be a good time to slap the banner back on.

Ethnic Cleanse them before they do US!

death-killing a typical day for a muslum.

Myself, when one goes by me and stares me down the whole time (wouldn't be because I might be a biker wearing a Skull cap would it? With a set of Bars and Stars?) with a stare that if looks could do bodily harm, then I am definitely ready to get my iron out and start packing it!

Deport them ALL.

Those protest signs that I've seen are pretty hatefull too.

Exterminate those who slander Islam

Europe you will pay.
Your 9/11 is on its way.

The whole world has gone mad. The hate needs to stop.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Bump

A very good initiative.

I've just returned to ATS/BTS after some time in the real world and there IS a worrying & hateful 'them' culture creeping into these boards.

Deny ignorance but fight back against hatred

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
You have my sword on this~

almost

[edit on 8-2-2006 by spearhead]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Copy and paste this into your sig box.

[url=http://www.tolerance.org/10_ways/index.html] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v717/Umbrax2/10ways.gif[/IMG][/url]

[edit on 20/7/06 by JAK]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
ha ha
your getting yourself a pretty large band of hate hateing chums

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
There's nothing better than Hating Hate. But thats too much of a paradox...

I "oppose" hate

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
ha ha
your getting yourself a pretty large band of hate hateing chums

There is a forum out there that promotes hate against non-white, non-christians. They have 75,000 members.
That is around 10,000 more than ATS, so this thread is a start

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Count me in as well.

Deny Hate. Deny Ignorance. Deny Arrogance.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
It seems like a good time to bump this thread

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Good call Umbrax.

This is a non-stop uphill battle that will keep you busy until the ends of time.

I enjoyed reading through this thread.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   

This is a non-stop uphill battle that will keep you busy until the ends of time.

It really is.

This thread, these banners won't put an end to bigotry. But people who believe that we deserve to live in a world with out prejudice need to know that they are not alone.

I used to get so mad when ignorant speech was spread onto ATS. I would see it and it would ruin my day.
These types of posts would pop up and I would jump on it right away to show how ignorant the person is behaving.

Do you know what would happen?

They would post back.

Then I would post back.

Next thing you know we have a 22 page thread of a back and forth exchange between one bigot and some one trying to fight hate. That means that this thread has 11 pages of fighting hate but also 11 pages of bigotry.

So I learned that it is just best to respond in those threads only one time and say what needs to be said. These people need to know that their bigotry is not acceptable. But these people are so set in their ways that they are going to keep replying to you until they feel like they have “won.” Such is the nature of forums. People will stick to a position until the other person backs down.
But we must still make that single post only to show that we do not accept hate. More than that only feeds these bigots and will cause your anger to rise. After feeling that anger on a daily basis we will soon also “learn to hate.”

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

So I learned that it is just best to respond in those threads only one time and say what needs to be said...and...But we must still make that single post only to show that we do not accept hate. More than that only feeds these bigots and will cause your anger to rise.

Yup, arguing with them is pointless, it seems to fuel their ignorance. Make a good, reasoned point, clearly state that it will be your only response, and move on.

NC

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Sometimes it's actually okay to hate--and in certain cases you SHOULD hate!

Christians are supposed to hate sin. But we're supposed to love our enemies.

The PC crowd sure has a funny way of defining hate. In fact they twist it around. Just like the child, who, when caught doing something he shouldn't, claims his parents hate him for scolding him for doing something naughty. No, kiddo, your parents LOVE you and don't want to see you get into trouble!

I hate homosexuality.

I hate fornication.

I hate adultery.

I hate pedophilia.

But I'm not supposed to hate the people who do those!

I also hate political correctness!

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Perhaps you missed the first post.

Racism, narrow-mindedness, bigotry, stereotype spreading, and prejudice. It is up to stop hate on the net and in the real world. Mis-education is easy to spread and many people will sooner turn a cheek rather than face ignorance head on.

In this thread when we speak of hate we are talking about these things.

No one is against you hating broccoli or hating it when you miss the bus.

The PC crowd sure has a funny way of defining hate. In fact they twist it around. Just like the child, who, when caught doing something he shouldn't, claims his parents hate him for scolding him for doing something naughty. No, kiddo, your parents LOVE you and don't want to see you get into trouble!

So racism isn’t hate but really love?
I’m not sure you understand this thread. PC definition is showing an effort to make broad social and political changes to redress injustices caused by prejudice. But it seems that some people twist that to mean something else.
Some people twist it’s meaning so that PC seems like something that will take away your right or religion or free speech.
Well, that is not what PC is.
That is the opposite of the definition of PC.

So if you are calling us the PC crowd I’ll take that as a complement because we are making an effort to make broad social and political changes to redress injustices caused by prejudice.

When I read “I also hate political correctness!” I read that as, I hate changes to redress injustices caused by prejudice. Is that what you are saying or is that a misunderstanding?

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
I hate fornication.

How can someone hate fornication?
Without fornication none of us would be here. Without fornication the three amigos wouldn't be here, thus ATS wouldn't be here.

Fornicate hate is a path to the dark side. Can't we all just get along and fornicate?

Peace

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Nah, the PC crowd has some hypocritical tendencies.

A lot of them think it's okay to hate Christians.

Political correctness is just a way to get people to accept sin as being good, in a nutshell. And I'm just not going for it.

Prejudice, btw, is prejudging people. Where am I prejudiced? I'm not. Seems to me that I'm the one being prejudged because I state my position, and I'm not afraid to do so. Apparently some people don't know what "hate the sin, love the sinner" means.

Know what, if it weren't for fornication I wouldn't even be here either...but God uses different situations to bring about things according to His will! That's the way I see it.

Some people like to think that Jesus just went about saying love everyone...but they forget what He told the woman caught in adultery: "GO AND SIN NO MORE." He also didn't hesitate to rip the Pharisees a new one!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join