It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swastika Buildings

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Here is some interesting information regarding the swastika and some variations on the theme:

In the New Mexico State University [the swastika] was the cover of their yearbook at one
time. The yearbook symbol was derived from the south western American Indian
usage of the symbol. Only recently (1985 or so) was the yearbook cover
dropped due to too much "controversy". But people still felt that Hitler
should not have been allowed to "apropriate" a bit of culture, and that they
did not want to "give" it to him and his evil Nazi party. There was even a
Canadian hockey team that used it on their uniforms in the early 20th
century.

The Nazis gave it a wrong representation. For North American Indians it can
also be a good luck or religious symbol. As mentioned, it is not much seen
nowadays because of its association with Nazi Germany. A web site that
describes a variety of North American Indian symbols is:

www.collectorsguide.com...

[edit on 2005/7/16 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic12
It's probably just coincidence anyway.

It's not a coinidence.... well I don't think so... that building is at a naval base in san diego that I was stationed at. we use to have airal shots of the base all over and you can't help but notice that pic... anyway I was told by a very senior officer that this buliding was built by nazi prisonrers... I guess years and years ago this navy base was an old army base and during the war they held nazi prisoners and I'm guessing they used the prisoners for labor to build the building, and the nazi prisoners decided to build it in a shape that best fit them.

So I don't think it's a coinidence.. that is a very old building

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
So they just let them build it into any shape they wanted? Are you sure that's right? It doesn't seem like they would be allowed to build a huge symbol for what they believe in for us.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by dsoul27
I guess years and years ago this navy base was an old army base and during the war they held nazi prisoners and I'm guessing they used the prisoners for labor to build the building, and the nazi prisoners decided to build it in a shape that best fit them.

And you believe that?!? Come on now. I've stayed in those EXACT barracks. They did not seem that old. I think there is a purpose in that shape, I don't believe anyone cared that it looked like a swastika because the shape benefitted them in some way.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Denver Airport looks a bit like a Swastika too.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual

Denver's runway layout is an efficiant runway layout, and nothing more. If it was sopposed to be a swastica, it would be perfect.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Anyone have an arial shot of this?

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
And you believe that?!? Come on now. I've stayed in those EXACT barracks. They did not seem that old. I think there is a purpose in that shape, I don't believe anyone cared that it looked like a swastika because the shape benefitted them in some way.

Yeah I read that you stayed in those barracks one week every year for four years.... what are you in the reserves? Anyway I was stationed there for four and a half years and the story I heard came from the CO of the entire base.... And how long ago did you stay there? That building is not on the side of base where all the barracks are..... the buliding is all the way on the other side of the base (and it's a big base)..... well the story I heard could be true, it could be false.... Who knows? not you and not me.... we all have assumptions...

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I didn't get the quotes right... that above statement came from "sebatwerk"

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx
So they just let them build it into any shape they wanted? Are you sure that's right? It doesn't seem like they would be allowed to build a huge symbol for what they believe in for us.

Maybe the base didn't know they building it in that shape.... The base may have just thought that they were getting a building build for free. You won't know the shape of intill you see a airel shot...

but who knows... I'm just throwing out what I've heard about the building.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dsoul27

Originally posted by Majestic12
It's probably just coincidence anyway.

It's not a coinidence.... well I don't think so... that building is at a naval base in san diego that I was stationed at. we use to have airal shots of the base all over and you can't help but notice that pic... anyway I was told by a very senior officer that this buliding was built by nazi prisonrers... I guess years and years ago this navy base was an old army base and during the war they held nazi prisoners and I'm guessing they used the prisoners for labor to build the building, and the nazi prisoners decided to build it in a shape that best fit them.

So I don't think it's a coinidence.. that is a very old building

so they used nazi architects also? POW's do not decide the design of a building they are building under forced labor. I am sure there was a tiny bit of supervision.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
what about those two eagle shaped buildings below the swatstica. i do not see why the millitary should have the symbol associated with it, native american, german or whatnot . and i dont think coranado (at least the buildings), which is the part of san diego meant for aircraft carriers, was built prior ww2.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The military is extremely anal and obsessive about details, codes and chains of command, things just don't get done anyway, everything is specific to order. Its not possible that a military structure was built any old way, there had to be an architectural proposal which featured several elevations including one from above and I assume that they approved this project based on the shapes space efficientcy and structural integrity as a whole. Additionally the Swastica is a symbol far more ancient than the days of Hitler and the Nazi's and if this structure was built prior to WW II this entire arguement is irrelevant.

Just a side note: Given the millions of structures throughout the world im sure there are thousands which are shaped like a "swastica" because its an efficient way to lay out a complex of several buildings while providing them with some shape, continuity and community to each other. Everything is not a conspiracy, sometimes things are just really, really, simple.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Those are not eagle shaped. This is a common building design tecniquie to maximize outside surface area of a building. It allows you to have more rooms, with window access. Look at larger motels/college doorms/ hospitals. If the Nazis deigned the layout of these two buildings, and were that intentinal in their design, you would think they would put the "eagle" above the "swastica" and give the eagle a beak.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
BLACKOCTOBER

some very creative ideas here but it

seems to me that it is another example of illuminati symbolism that is all around us and gets passed off by those who don't know any better that it is "just a fluke" or " it's just a coincidence"...baloney, no bloody fluke,

and for sure on purpose, and you sure aren't gonna get an answer from the locals . wtf do you think they're gonna know ? they don't know bollocks about the architect or who wanted the design. only special people get to know that info....the rest of us get the cover story.

I believe that whacko , old david icke , has this one nailed...but it's soooooo bloody out there , not many are will to go out that far on the limb . cuz you don't have anyone to discuss it with except maybe bumping into someone here who you connect with and can kick it around. I had one co-worker with a similar mindset and it was nice to be able to discuss some of these ideas. but most folks will give you the "deer in the headlights look" , when you bring up this stuff.

if you are truly curious and have an open mind that won't instantly reject a paradigm shift look at symbols all around us. then I'd check out ICKES' , freedom road dvd , and biggest secret book. perhaps his just released dvd , illuminati . [ the reptile thing is a turn off , but it is interesting that princess diana never liked the windsors and referred to them as lizards ! ]

happy hunting...

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
how do you post pix instead of links !

CLIK ON " see image alone " at the top of the google page to see airport

images.google.com...://www.colorado-mapsite.com/maps/us_co_denver_airport_vp.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.colorado-mapsite.com/us_c o_denver_airport_vp.html&h=400&w=600&sz=16&tbnid=ghyR6TxlEjEJ:&tbnh=88&tbnw=133&hl=en&start=40&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddenver%2Bairport%26start%3D20%26svnu m%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26rls%3DDVXA,DVXA:2005-13,DVXA:en%26sa%3DN

somebody plz clue me in as to how to post pix here...I can't figger it out !

thx

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Use the img /img tags. They must be contained in [ and ] brackets. that or click the small "painters pallet in front of a monitor" button when posting. A java scrip window will pop up, and you can type in the link.

[edit on 17-7-2005 by wiggy]

[edit on 17-7-2005 by wiggy]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
If that is supposed to be a swastica, that is one of the most abstract I have ever seen.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
But maybey they did not know they were laying it out all skewed.........

Some people will find abstract meanings in anything.

I guess if you look at a standard city, pick out 4 blocks, 2X2, and subtract one street from each side, you could have yourself a swastica. Those damn crafty germans.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join