It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swastika Buildings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted and i'm not quite sure where to put it, but has anyone seen this?

Swastika Buildings

What is the deal with that? Coincedence? And does any one know what these buildings are for?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx
What is the deal with that? Coincedence? And does any one know what these buildings are for?

Probably just a coincidence.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Nope it's 95% a swastika. I used the Google Maps desktop tool and this is what poped out when I put all the layers. 5% says that it was just an assumption on the google maps BBS.

Judge for yourself. It was BBS tagged though so it might be just an assumption be a google maps user.

[edit on 7/15/2005 by GoldEagle]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Those are the barracks at the Naval Base on Coronado Island in San Diego! I'VE STAYED IN THOSE SAME EXACT BARRACKS FOR ONE WEEK PER YEAR 4 YEARS IN A ROW!!! The funny thing is that, at the time, I wondered why they were shaped like that as well. In the barrack's office they have an aerial picture, and I remembered wondering about it. I still don't know.

The building is 3 stories high, and is nothing BUT barracks and some utility rooms. How funny... I even remember eating at that McDonald's!

[edit on 15-7-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
That's cool, I'm from Southern California too. Maybe if I'm around Coronado some time i'll check it out for fun and ask someone about it.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Wow someone finally came up with something that Sebatwerk can't debunk

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I don't see how it could be an accident or coincidence. Anyone who looked at the blue prints prior to construction, or even construction, would have clearly seen a swastica! Are we to expect that people are so dumb or so naive that they didn't notice? That it was just a racist trick by the architect that slipped past approval and everyone else?

I'm sorry but I can't for the life of me figure out how anyone wouldn't notice that, unless they were trying not to!

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
In Oslo, there is a building in a street called Sommerrogata 1, the whole front side of the building has a fence that is covered in swastika's and it has been debated many times but it's still there. The building is from before WW 2.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
I don't see how it could be an accident or coincidence. Anyone who looked at the blue prints prior to construction, or even construction, would have clearly seen a swastica! Are we to expect that people are so dumb or so naive that they didn't notice? That it was just a racist trick by the architect that slipped past approval and everyone else?

I'm sorry but I can't for the life of me figure out how anyone wouldn't notice that, unless they were trying not to!

DAMN thought it was somthing to prove my nordics post

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
It wasn't and still isn't always a bad symbol yo uknow. It even has ties with Native Americans as well as various other cultures around the world.

Native American traditions
The swastika shape was used by some Native Americans. It has been found in excavations of Mississippian-era sites in the Ohio valley. It was widely used by many southwestern tribes, most notably the Navajo. Among different tribes the swastika carried various meanings. To the Hopi it represented the wandering Hopi clans; to the Navajo it was one symbol for a whirling log (tsil no'oli'), a sacred image representing a legend that was used in healing rituals.[

Even though the use by the Nazi's is the most well known association, it is not the only one.

I suggest reading up about here:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Exactly, the swastika isn't an item of just Nazism.

Almost every culture has or had a variant of a swastika, even the Jews.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
It wasn't and still isn't always a bad symbol yo uknow. It even has ties with Native Americans as well as various other cultures around the world.

The point is that it gives people of today bad assosiations, there are still people alive today that survied the holocost and faught in WW2. You can explain to these people that the swastika is a ancient hindu symbol all you want, but at the end of the day it gives people a bad feeling as it is, for us the people of modern times, assosiated with the evil of the nazies.

Peace out

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Sadly no matter what anyone does it's going to bring back bad memories for a person or group of people. Though it's hard it's just something that we all have to live with, by burying things like the swastika and ignoring it's original and still used meanings, it means that the enemy have won that little bit more in some way.
People need to educate themselves more and it is unfair for anyone to expect others to cut something off just becasue it offends or upsets them.

By acting in this way it will mean that in the future it will only be known as an evil symbol from Nazi history, which most people already seem to think today. So instead of there ever being any hope of it's Nazi use being forgotten it will just help to re-inforce it, therefore having the opposite effect that one would expect to wish.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
People need to come off it.

World War Two ended 60 years ago, to me that's water under the bridge.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic12
People need to come off it.

World War Two ended 60 years ago, to me that's water under the bridge.

Its just a stupid symbol, why the heck must you have buildings shaped like swastikas? Are you only wanting to provoke? Because people will be provoked, I don't really see the importents of using that symbol for anything anymore, it only brings up bad memories. And 60 years is not that long ago.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
It's probably just coincidence anyway.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Wow im so amazed with this.......Ive never heard any protests against this building...

(No results) or connections to the building
search.yahoo.com...

the results as if not to many people know about this like....i bet like 90 percent of the people that came or stayed at that building never thought hmm by the structure that ive noticed the building to be in by driving around it and walking through it might be in the shape of a nazi symbol.....i woulder what an ariel photograph would look like of this building...lol do you see what im saying like this isnt a commeo post..

..i gotta go shoot the # with my nabour about this

[edit on 16-7-2005 by Soul_Contagious]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The Swastika has been around for a long time, Infact I know of a town that is named Swasika. They had and primary export of matches.

This goes to prove that just because the Nazis used a swastika dosen't mean that they have any realtion to the Nazis and their ways. If the building was built before the Nazis came into power then it's not a problem. The barracks may have been intended to be a swastika, but because they were built before the Nazis it dosn't seem to be a problem.

On this site you can find more pictures of the town Swasika, Ontario, Canada.
www.benjaminjamesclients.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Looks like the best design to use the allocated space for the largest number of rooms, and still give a window view to each room

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
If you think about it, if any of the buildings in that patter were made a in a different direction, then they'd be touching. The swastik is a rather efficient geometric arrangement, and it apppears in lots of ancient carvings made by man. Its a sensible geometric arrangement for buildings, especially if you don't want them to be touching too much.

Still pretty frikin weird tho!

Swastika drug co, now those guys have some brass ones! Good for them! Hitler be damned!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join