It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China is ready to use nuclear weapons if U.S. of A joins the fight.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
If you didn't read that link I gave of cnn interviewing that Soviet Defecter then you wont get it that Rus / China is ready, we have 100 worth of food stored and the radiation won't be as bad as you think, you can punch up a link calle " How to survive a nuclear fall out" or some thing to that effect he (An American explains it well) trust me everything you Civilians talk about Rus/China/USA/ Europe has thought about and taken care of it.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Siberian why do you have to trash practically every thread here on ATS? Is it your duty as some kind of Disinfo person?
Seriously China and Russia are "ready"? They can protect the majority of their population from thermonuclear war and provide them with food and supply as long as needed? Please don't over exaggerate the truth and don't distort it.

[edit on 15-7-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Reality is no country can go to war with nuclear weapons as it kills off the Planet , so nobody wins and everybody looses. All the talk about China using them is bull# , as they would suffer most.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Nukes are like this: a country with nukes can make a country without nukes do what it wants and the country without nukes will have no choice to obey because they can't do anything about it. The reason most countries build nukes is either

a) they want power to intimidate non-nuclear nations that are not under nuclear umbrella of another nation or

b) they want to become nuclear to avoid being intimidated by another nuclear nation

You NEVER use nuclear weapons against another nuclear nation unless you got extremely good anti-ballistic missile defences (something China does not have at the moment). Any politician who thinks otherwise are crazy.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
come on now. Nuclear War is stupidity beyond imaginination ... as is all war really.

But seriously. US Nuclear Doctorine is designed if need be to fight a protracted Nuclear Conflict. In addition US Nuclear Doctorine and capability is such that there is no such thing as "winning". You can run all the people you want into your "bunkers" and store grain to feed 10 billion people. It's not gonna do you any good. The US has for years sought to implement systems that render all hopes of thinking you'll "win" utter M.A.D.ness.

So bore tunnels and store grain all you want. It's a worthless, futile undertaking.

Not only will any US retalitory strike be absolutely devestating, but US Nuclear Doctorine calls for as I stated, a protracted ... days, even weeks long series of attacks on any enemy ... and yeah, they're serious about having assets around to strike again and again if need be. Air burst weapons, ground penetrators, and delayed burst as in lying in wait for days, weeks, months weapons. U.S. Policy is; if the U.S. ain't gonna win ... nobody does.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
The United States government is such a wimp, they responed saying that china is irrespondable. if i was a idiot in washington i would tell them that US will turn china into the world newest largest desert in the world if they even nuke one city lol.

you still dont get it. nuclear weapons is a lose lose situation for both powers. its the last resort and shouldn't even be considered even if your going to lose. the radiaction is going to kill every living thing in the planet except cockrocers

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Hey.. This general Zhu..He's in Indian newspapers as well.. I read abt it today.. IT seems he made these claims in Hongkong, and HIMSELF said that these views were his and not necessarily those of the chinese govt..

THough he also said that the chinese govt. is working towards changing its "no-first use" policy.. As of now China is to only member in the UNSC that has a no-first use policy with nukes..

Maj Gen Zhu also said that this was necessary as CHina could not hope to defeat the US in conventional terms..

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bulldog 52
Reality is no country can go to war with nuclear weapons as it kills off the Planet , so nobody wins and everybody looses. All the talk about China using them is bull# , as they would suffer most.

I think I heard somewhere that it would take 1,000 nukes to cause a nuclear winter.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   
200 nukes in the 5megaton range would do great.

the radiactinon emitted by the bombs with effectivily kill every living person in the world. cover the world with a thick layer of nuclear waste that would containate water supplies and make it impossible to grow anything

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
how about this;
US Gen;well dragon general stop hiding in the building come out and play.
CHI Gen;prepare your self US general our generousity is limitless
:lol
nuke missiles ready)
CHI HACK;super hackers are ready to sign in general

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

200 nukes in the 5megaton range would do great.

the radiactinon emitted by the bombs with effectivily kill every living person in the world. cover the world with a thick layer of nuclear waste that would containate water supplies and make it impossible to grow anything

thats not quite true - the dust from groundburst from nuclear exchanges would settle in a belt over the countries that have been hit - it won`t spread to cover the whole world

nuclear winter? it would take TOTAL cloud cover , covering 100% of the surface area of the planet for a significant drop in temperature - a belt of dust would lower temperatures underneath it but thats about it.

i for one , after seeing the evidence , don`t believe we would have a nuclear winter , unless there was a total , and complete nuclear exchange on a planetary scale.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   
i was saying that 200 nukes would kill every living thing in the world. not from a nuclear winter but from radiaction.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   
again no , 200 nukes , even megatonne ones which btw , are increasingly rare now - smaller = better, in terms of nuclear capability , as 900kt warheads are physically smaller by an exponential factor than a 5MT one ;

but , the radiation from 200 nukes wouldn`t kill everyone and everything on the planet - prompt radiation effects are not apparant outside of the blast anymore - unlike hiroshima and nagasaki , which were small bombs ( well in comparrison to todays bombs) where prompt radiation was the major killing effect - the lethel blast area was relatively small , but the prompt radiation went on for miles.

whereas , today , the larger size of even the fireball means that propmt radiation isn`t a factor anymore - fallout on the other hand is a factor - but even then it can be contained

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
wow. never knew that.

the the levels of radiaction relased from those bombs with be enough to give people cancer?

what do you think is chinas nukes a threat or not?

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 02:19 AM
link   

wow. never knew that.

the the levels of radiaction relased from those bombs with be enough to give people cancer?

Considering that they have the capacity right now to deliver via ICBM 20 or so to the CONUS and thier SLBM's do not have the range its a bit of an empty threat. those 20 would be followed by a responce of thier own.

Assuming that the interceptors at Ft. Greely fail (good posibility right now) we are talking about the 20 biggest cities in the US gone. Given the population desity of China's cities even 20 ICBM's would cause a huge amount of havoc and figure that the Three Gorges dam will be toast as well, destroying much of the agricultural areas.

The radiation threat for those beyond the blast area would manifest themselves over a period of years to decades as opposed to those in the immediate area. LD-50 means lethal to 50% of the population

Organism LD-50 in RADS
Dogs, pigs 300
Goats 350
MAN 400
Mice, monkeys 450
Sheep 540
Fish/shellfish 550 to 100,000
Cattle,rats,horses 630
Rabbits 800
Chickens 1000
Insects 5000+
Turtles 15000
Bacteria/viruses 100000
LD-90
Cabbage,spinach 14000
LD-100
Onions 2000
Oats 3300
Barley,rye,wheat, and corn 4300
Fruits and grasses 5000+
Potatoes 12000
Tomatoes 15000
www.nuc.berkeley.edu...

and

Medical care needed Accumulated Radiation Exposures (R) over a period of
One week One month Four months
None,no deaths 150 R 200 R 300 R
Some, 5% may die 250 R 350 R 500 R
Most, 50% may die 450 R 600 R
www.nuc.berkeley.edu...

[edit on 7/16/05 by FredT]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   

wow. never knew that.

prompt radiation? i doubt it - as the heat / blast would kill them first before they die of rad poisoning

delayed radiation or fallout is a different matter - especially since alpha/beta radiation would lie on the surface of everything - that would assist in the rapid break down and mutation of the cell struture.

i think i might have confussed you - by prompt radiation i meant the *stuff* released at the time of the uranium/plutonium collapse and from the superheating of the air (that also adds to prompt radiation effects as well by releasing radiation)

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
One other consideration is this: One of the items stolen from Los Alamos by the Chinese was the files regarding enhanced radiation weapons. Lots of short acting radiation to kill off the people but leave the infrastructure intact.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
One other consideration is this: One of the items stolen from Los Alamos by the Chinese was the files regarding enhanced radiation weapons. Lots of short acting radiation to kill off the people but leave the infrastructure intact.

any enhanced radiation weapon still requires a nuke behind it! its just the radiation is enhanced over the standard *bang* - but there is a nuke *bang* as well!

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Harlequin you got confused. i throught you were talking about what i was thinking but your talking about something else.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   
remember hot soapy water, the best to "rid" of fall out, china doesnt have enough food stored and the US would make sure those stores are destroyed. 20 if they make it to the US would put a hurting on the US but those wont stop the boomers, hope (for china's sake) that the cities at targeted wisely. For most of eastern china will have to views of the areas that havent been seen for centuries, in a bunker way of life having more people is a bad thing. A large population is great if you are fighting a ww2 eastern front type war but horrid when you are trying to "wait" out the bombs.

WHat worries me is that nukes are old tech (really old) what newmass weapons have these countries have up thier sleeves? I heard many rumors that nukes arent the scariest tool that the US has in its tool box.

In a nuke fight the world dies, thats why no one has used them since the new shiny screwdriver became rusted.

The general is a hawk but he acutally could be stating what the leadership of china is actually think, we dont know. Lets hope not.

IS china willing to be wiped of the map for an island? I hope not.

THe question that comes to mind after all this is how does china view the possiblity of a leader of a nation, or his underling that might want to replacing, with nukes that that likes to act like the general but doesnt have that short of leash as the general?

What would china do if NK launch a missile but it malfunctioned and hit china? would they launch nukes back?

scary for this old chemical soldier (recon decon smoke flame) decon = bio, chem and nuke)

remember hot soapy water!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join