It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China is ready to use nuclear weapons if U.S. of A joins the fight.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EngineMan2145
From what I have read, the Chinese have publicy said that they don't want the U.S. to think that general's statements are representative of the Chinese gov't. General Zhu was probably just, as a very pro-Chinese, anti-American soldier, blowing his mouth off. He has done this before, from what I've read.

his a self acknowledged hawk

heres something else.

“He is running way beyond his brief on what China might do in relation to the US if push comes to shove,” said one expert with knowledge of Gen Zhu. “Nobody who is cleared for information on Chinese war scenarios is going to talk like this,” he added.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Yeah getting into the Atlantic is risky business for a sub. Let's see you could go under the Artic icecaps, thats an ocean few people think of. Then theres the option of the Panama canal, but it's impossible to "sneak" a sub through there, I'm sure the US has satellite's watching it 24/7. There is the Suez Canal, but like thae Panama canal, it's not easy to sneak a sub through there, US would moniter that too. Not to mention you'd be sailing through probably the largest concentration of European NATO naval power in the world. So yeah, that leaves coming up through the south, which is your best option, not that there aren't any risks involved with it.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by W4rl0rD
China's Df-5s and Df-31s have enough range to strike into US territory. Assuming 20 ICBMs go into the US, you are pretty much screwed, but same goes for China. In the end, you still care more about Los Angeles than you do about Taipei

Yeah but you care more about Beijing/Shanghai/Hongkong than they do about the western seaboard..
Can the DFs target Newyork/Washington/Detroit/Boston/Seattle??

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taishyou
No. China did not threaten to use nuclear weapons. It's just General Zhu's opinion

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
How does China cheat at the WTO??

This I got to hear!!

Not that I disagree with you, but its a very "quaint" accusation and I'm sure you'll have some interestingly "quaint" reasons to back it up!

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

Yeah but you care more about Beijing/Shanghai/Hongkong than they do about the western seaboard..

the DF-5A has a range of 13000km or 14000km. it can rech anywhere in the US.

the DF-31 has 8000km range.

the DF-5 will probaly be used to target eastern seaboard and the DF-31 is to target west

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWguy83

Yes, but that is the second Chinese General to threaten the use of nukes against the U.S in the past decade or two. I hope the U.S takes a 'three strikes and you're out' policy towards China. One more comment like that from a loudmouthed Chinese General, and the U.S temporarily breaks off ties with China and stops letting China cheat at the WTO.

[edit on 17-7-2005 by NWguy83]

how does china cheat.? the agreement was for no tariffs how come the US is putting all these tariffs?? and subsidies for american compaines

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

Originally posted by Daedalus3

the DF-5A has a range of 13000km or 14000km. it can rech anywhere in the US.

the DF-31 has 8000km range.

the DF-5 will probaly be used to target eastern seaboard and the DF-31 is to target west

so china has the most destructive and active plan of the world

it seems china IS THE most rogue country of world with no responsibilty at all

[edit on 17-7-2005 by mirza2003]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Hey just because a Chinese member has a plan doesn't mean the Chinese goverment plans to use it. I mean we had entire commitees and such dedicated to how to best annilate every communist nation on the planet back in the cold war (we probably still have the plans). But does that make us a rogue nation? Not at all.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
well look at chians economic situation and see if thats rogue

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
chinese cheaters...chinese cheaters!!

This is all so kiddish..

btw I cheated a bit too once..In class tests!! and it was soo much fun

Do the chinese also gets kicks out of cheating at the WTO..?

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   

well look at chians economic situation and see if thats rogue

Well, lets see: Drove out the ligitamete government to Taiwan
Mao kills millions on purpose and even more with his moronic ideals
China threatens "war" if a small island nation declares independance

Sounds rouge to me.........

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mirza2003

I won't even bother to reply to that. Luckily, there are some Indians here with brains. And that does not include you.

Did you know that the US is the only nation who has not said anything about not using nuclear weapons first in a war? All the other nuclear countries have agreed not to be the first to use nuclear weapons in a war.

If you think China is rouge....what would the US do if Hawaii wanted independence? It would be the same thing. The current government in charge is NOT the legitimate government. Taiwan and China is one, but actually speaking, China is the rogue state and not Taiwan, since it was the Nationalists who were in charge before the CCP took over. Either way, Taiwan and China are still legitimately together as one nation.

[edit on 17/7/05 by W4rl0rD]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
The EU and the U.S both say China 'dumps' a lot of products. For you un-educated people, thats selling products at below market prices.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I'd say that is a smart way of doing business. Lets say there are 2 shops, shop A and shop B. They both sell the same thing, but shop A sells it at half of what shop B sells it at. Which shop will you go to if you want to buy something?

FYI, Shop A is China.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by W4rl0rD

Originally posted by mirza2003

If you think China is rouge....what would the US do if Hawaii wanted independence? It would be the same thing. The current government in charge is NOT the legitimate government. Taiwan and China is one, but actually speaking, China is the rogue state and not Taiwan, since it was the Nationalists who were in charge before the CCP took over. Either way, Taiwan and China are still legitimately together as one nation.

[edit on 17/7/05 by W4rl0rD]

Hmmmmmmm .... I suppose in theory, that scenario could be awkward ... but I am a citizen of the 50th. state and can tell you that the quality of lifestyle and prosperity .... really make that point moot. Of course I can't speak for everyone, but even the Hawaiian Sovereignty groups (that I talked to) realize that western influence has provided for a comfortable and (relatively) free lifestyle for its citizens with ALOT of advantages.

So I guess the point is that by and large, Americans are happy to be Americans ... and the Taiwanese are not so happy to be forced into the monolithic Chinese "collective"... at a guess, if the Taiwanese were given a choice between China and America, they would choose America.

Simply put, the Taiwanese DO NOT WANT TO BE TRADITIONAL CHINESE ... they want to be of thier own making ... and from what the world has been shown concerning their financial potential ... I would have to agree with their personal desires.

After all this situation of the colonial underdog is very near and dear to us Americans ... it has made us what we are today.

Boston Tea anyone?

LCKob

[edit on 17-7-2005 by LCKob]

[edit on 17-7-2005 by LCKob]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Well, lets see: Drove out the ligitamete government to Taiwan
Mao kills millions on purpose and even more with his moronic ideals
China threatens "war" if a small island nation declares independance

No governemnt is ligitament after they lose a civil war.

please provide some information how the taiwanese governemnt is ligit??

the civil war started in 1927. ended in 1949. more people support the chinese communist then the guomingtang. the comminist had no international support except the chinese population that warmily welcomed them.

if you dont know anything about china dont speak you just make yourself look like a fool

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   

dont speak you just make yourself look like a fool

chinawhite quit making incessant personal attacks to wriggle out. All he did was express his openion..and it appears that making a personal attack is the only you know to reply back. And BTW wake up, 'cause he's a mod

It will be a lifetime's search to find one thread in which you have participated in that is devoid of initiatory personal attacks from your side.

[edit on 17-7-2005 by Stealth Spy]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy

chinawhite quit making incessant personal attacks to wriggle out. All he did was express his openion..and it appears that making a personal attack is the only you know to reply back. And BTW wake up, 'cause he's a mod

how did i wiggle out of that one. i answer his question.

his not a mod and if his trying to say that the governemnt of the worlds most populous country is non- ligitamete then he cleary doesn't know what his talking about.

this reminds me of pre-71 when china wasn't included in the UN.

its funny because china made 1/5 of the worlds population

[edit on 17-7-2005 by chinawhite]

[edit on 17-7-2005 by chinawhite]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
FredT is a mod..but its okay..

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join