It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video - Iranians Response to the London Bombings

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
www.irna.ir...

Thank you for those links.
They are more complete than the MEMRI transcript and video, showing that they did edit and splice the video.

This week's Friday prayer preacher further stressed, "It was you yourselves that created this group in the name of Islam and therefore the conduct of a child whose father is the global arrogance, or the White House, and its mothers are the Israeli butchers should not surprise anyone."
Emami-Kashani said, "You gave birth to this group to make a beast out of it for us, but thanks Allah, it is now taking good care of ourselves."
He added, "You also armed the former Iraqi president Saddam Hussain to teeth with all kinds of armaments to create problems for Iran, but it is again you yourselves that are caught in Iraq's quagmires."
Emami Kashani reiterated, "Such events must have given you a good lesson, convincing you not to seek hatching a third plot." Condemning London's Thursday deadly blasts he said, "Islam is the religion of kindness, justice and humanity and it totally disapproves of massacring innocent women, children, youngsters and elderly folks."

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Edited or not, they were in fact chanting Death to America, Death to London, and death to Israel

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Edited or not, they were in fact chanting Death to America, Death to London, and death to Israel

They've done it for decades, across the middle east to be honest. I think it all started during the 60s/70s i believe.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   

They dont, you are taking that quote out of context, as usual.

Please people, watch the entire video, unlike Ace did, so you can see what they actually said.

Great miss quote Ace to further terrorist propaganda. You know as well as I do thats taken out of context.

You're just annoyed that I pissed on one of the many, many anti-Iranian threads that you post every single week.

BTW, in your original post, you mentioned "the leaders of Iran are spreading love and peace again". If you watch that video again, the leader making the speech expressed condemnation of the attack and spoke of solidarity with the people of London. It was the people in the mosque who were chanting what we are told is 'death to England' but I really couldn't make out what they were saying except at the last part where I heard the word Israel. Maybe Sep of Persian can translate if they view this thread.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   

BTW, in your original post, you mentioned "the leaders of Iran are spreading love and peace again". If you watch that video again, the leader making the speech expressed condemnation of the attack and spoke of solidarity with the people of London

that is true,

The leader wasnt calling for the death of America and Israel, the crowd just stated chanting it, which is odd to be honest

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   

As thematrix said, it may or may not mean death to America, Israel, etc..
It may mean nothing more than an American saying 'to hell with the Republicans, to hell with George Bush'.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
As thematrix said, it may or may not mean death to America, Israel, etc..
It may mean nothing more than an American saying 'to hell with the Republicans, to hell with George Bush'.

Exactly. And I've seen and heard just about the same sweeping condemnations from some Americans about other countries and religions. Many on this board. Many from the originator of this thread.

And there are groups in America who chant their own version of "Death to whatever..." It's propaganda. You either buy it or take it for what it's worth. It proves nothing.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Some statements from iranian officials in the past regarding the topic:

"Another recent call against the U.S. came from Ayatollah Ahmad Janati, the Secretary of the Guardian Council, who appeared on Iran Channel 1 on February 4, 2005. In response to a crowd of thousands yelling “Death to America,” he exclaimed, “Allah willing, as soon as possible, may the Lord hasten their death….”

"“If you [Americans] behave with disrespect even just a little bit, [the Iranian people] will punch you in the mouth so hard that all your devouring teeth will fall out.” So warned Iran's Ayatollah Mohammad Ememi-Kashani in a Friday sermon at Tehran University, which aired on January 28, 2005, on Iranian TV channel 1. "

"TEHRAN, Iran - To shouts of “Death to America,” Iran’s parliament unanimously approved the outline of a bill Sunday that would require the government to resume uranium enrichment, legislation likely to deepen an international dispute over Iran’s nuclear activities...."

Some sources for above quotes and more:
www.canoe.ca...

www.littlegreenfootballs.com...

Here is the Sean Penn link
news.yahoo.com.../nm/20050614/od_nm/iran_penn_dc_1

Here is another video:

switch3.castup.net...

Anyways, I think there shouldnt be any surprise at the chants, from the public AND the government.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Just for the sake of arguement let's say that they are chanting"Death to......". OK, chanting is a form of communication but who is actually bringing death not just speaking of it?

*Places bet on "We were attacked" arguement*

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Thats just it, thats the issue. The "who" may be Iran. They are after all, rapidly developing nuclear weapons, its clearly not a secret.

So here we have a radical government that frequently chants death to the West and all non believers developing the most powerfull weapons on the planet. Why is it such a stretch to think that THEY are the ones that will act on thier death threats?

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I'm supposed to be all enraged by idiots shouting "death to America/UK", meanwhile you're in here posting five threads a week that basically consist of "let's bomb Iran back to the stone age"?

Boo-freaking-hoo.
I'm sorry they hurt your feelings

That's certainly enough reason to exterminate 70 million people...

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
I'm supposed to be all enraged by idiots shouting "death to America/UK", meanwhile you're in here posting five threads a week that basically consist of "let's bomb Iran back to the stone age"?

Boo-freaking-hoo.
I'm sorry they hurt your feelings

That's certainly enough reason to exterminate 70 million people...

Um...Can you quote me anyplace where I have made statements stating we should bomb Iran? You cant post any, because I have never said we should bomb Iran. You somehow think that me posting news regarding Irans extremism is me saying that Iran should be bombed, thats your mistake.

I would also like you to find any refferences to Americans or the American government holding rallies chanting death to anybody, let alone Iranians.

You cant, because its never happenned.

Your missguided interpitations are your own issue. I have never condoned bombing Iran. If you dissagree, quote me then.

And there must be a dozen posters on these very boards that create anti USA posts daily. Does that mean they are stating that the USA shpould be bombed? Because thats your logic.

[edit on 14-7-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Well, skippy, thats also the exact logic your using with this footage ...

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
To hell with America, the current administration that consists of psycho neo cons who have launched 2 wars, for their own interests. Wolfwitz who came up with the idea of "endless war". That always supports Israel's persecution of the Palestinians. Who set up al Qaida who attacked their own (America's - further UK's) people. The list is endless and everyone knows it, don't bother picking at the fact that I haven't listed that many bad things about them. And yeah there may be bad things with Iran but they don't interfere with anyone else, and Iran is improving by the day.

Instead of getting upset about it why not try to find out why they hate America so much? Or would you prefer to believe that they all hate freedom, so that you don't feel bad about this "war on terror".

The guy condemned the attacks! that is not out of context! he further condemned the administrations that set up these groups! There have hardly been any speeches as productive as that regarding the attacks. All you see on UK television is dumbass "Muslim leaders" who just say "yes very bad, us moderate Muslims are nice though", whats the worst that could happen by saying, "hmm there must be a reason for this, the number 100,000 springs to mind".

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I would also like you to find any refferences to Americans or the American government holding rallies chanting death to anybody, let alone Iranians.

If we were to understand the background of these people (which I believe should be the goal - To find out what the heck is truly going on) we would find that they have been taught since childhood to repeat these chants, just as we were taught the Pledge of Allegiance. Not saying it's the same thing, but many middle-eastern people chant "Death to America" with the same significance that many Americans say "Bless you" when someone sneezes.

As far as American being above wishing death on others, please! I'm not willing to do the search, but I'm sure if you're really curious enough, you can find speeches and rallies all over the country where the purpose is to hate and wish death upon another group. And sadly the other group most times is made up of other American people like blacks, Jews, gays and abortion advocates.

Here's a mighty list to get you started:
Archive of Extremist Events: By State

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Um...Can you quote me anyplace where I have made statements stating we should bomb Iran?

OK, you're right, looking back I am thinking of someone else's comments in your threads, so that is unfair and I apologize & withdraw the accusation.

But you do seem a tad obsessed with the Iranians. (
)

Let's put it this way: if you think Iran is such a dire threat, what do you propose we do about it? I mean, if they're really out to take over the planet & slaughter all the unbelievers, something should be done, yes?

Personally I don't think Iran is much of a threat at all.

They've been pumping up their population for 25 years with this goofy rhetoric, but their .mil lacks any force projection capabilities whatsoever. It's just pap for domestic consumption - even with nukes, they have little actual ability to carry out their threats. They can chant "Death to Israel" all they want, but frankly if they try to pick a fight with the Israelis, they are going to get their butts handed back to them in a box. The same, but a hundredfold, applies to their rhetoric about the US.

Assuming they do get nukes, they have a long way to go before they can acheive any kind of strategic parity with Israel, and they haven't got the economic or technological resources to even approach the US's capabilities.

The phrase "empty threats" comes to mind everytime I hear some mullah blabbing on about how "the streets will flow red with the blood of the unbelievers" or such similar nonsense. They remind me of Kim in NK, who issues a steady stream of similar rhetorical threats, but who has to know that in reality, his country would become a cloud of radioactive vapor should he try and carry them out.

[edit on 7/14/05 by xmotex]

Sep

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Thats just it, thats the issue. The "who" may be Iran. They are after all, rapidly developing nuclear weapons, its clearly not a secret.

Is this breaking news or something? Did Iran start enriching Uranium again? If they havent then the above statement is clearly false.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I believe it was stated that they were 7 years off a nuclear weapon, they haven't even finished building the reactor yet.

Sep

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CTID56092
You could say it's just ritual they chant that but it seemed to out-weigh the condemnation of the bombers. The cleric paused to allow the chanting, is it a standard, ritual, part of any speech?

Yes it is a standard part. They pretty much always say it. One thing though, I listened to the crowd and I cant say I picked up the "death to England" part. The death to America was very clear so was death to Israel but the crowd didnt stick together for the rest of it.

Originally posted by CTID56092Anyone have direct experience of Iran or a mosque? and can shed any light.

Well this speech was given on the Friday prayer occasion. As you probably know the Islamic Republic was founded inside of the mosques, during these same occasions, such as the Friday prayer. The main complaint the Mullahs had regarding the Shah was his cooperation with Israel and his close ties with the US. So to get this message across they had to make it short, simple and had to find a place to say it. They had control of the mosques so they started their chants there and they now say it every week, without really consciously thinking about what it means.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I feel sorry for a child growing up in such an enviironment of hate and fear.

And I'm not talking about the Iranians...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join