It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Rove Case May Test Bush Loyalty

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
How many truly keep up with ALL of the facts? Plame was NOT outed by Rove, or anyone else for that matter. The woman who wrote the law says the law was not broken... the law is tripped by outing someone who is COVERT, not classified. Geez... the guy who sweeps the floor there is classified.

A: Plame was a desk-jockey for over 6 years since her being covert.
B: She outed herself in the AlGore election by using her real name, and the name
of the CIA front company she worked for.
C: She "outed" herself to her future husband on their second date.
D: After marriage, at some partieshe would introduce he as his "CIA" wife.
E: The Russians outed her back in the late 90's

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Bodebliss wrote:
"....It's hard to get past Prescott Bush's avowed 5th columnist for the nazis and little George growing up w/ grandad's constant grieving about missing his chance to be dictator of Texas.

and George Bush closet nazi trying to rid the world of the middle class w/ Rove's plan on how to do it in hand. All hand-in-hand w/ the anti-american religious right. It don't scare me that they are weakening our ability to stand in this world(all for personal gain). Rove (5th columnist) being the mastermind of this sabotage of America".

You must be a recent graduate of our wonderful public school system. How old are you, and where did you learn all that crap?
What do you consider "American"?

You mean the George Bush, who's reductions in the tax rates allowed more of the middle class to keep the money they earned? The same rate reductions, which generated $200 billion more than would have been generated without those cuts? When was the last time you heard a democrat say ".... the people should be able to keep more of the money they earn, instead if giving it to the government". I can tell you, I saw it on TV...... it was John Kennedy.... the last true Democrat.. well.... Zell Miller was the last real Democrat, and he just retired in disgust with what happened to his party.

You should do some REAL research, and you'll find that it's been the Demokrauts, and the "progressives", for over 60 years, that is the 5th column, and is working very diligently to bring America down. Don't you find it strange, and scary, that the Communist party on the USA has voted for Democrats for over 20 years?

[edit on 25-11-2005 by zappafan1]

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Sorry if some of these points have already been covered...woke up late.

Originally posted by lightseeker
- Loyalty has long been the most hallowed virtue in the Bush White House, but rarely has it been tested the way it has this week.
:
No one has been closer to the president longer, or bailed him out of more tight spots, than Karl Rove, his chief political adviser.
:
I will say that if Bush decided to bite the bullett and fire Rove it would increase my opinion of the man and might even increase his popularity rating.

That is an odd way of looking at things.
Bush values loyalty, and Rove has been loyal to him over the years. So, if Bush abandons something that is truly important to him (loyalty), and fires his trusted, loyal advisor before he is even indicted, that your opinion of Bush would... rise?

Because that's what you seem to be saying...

[edit on 26-11-2005 by jsobecky]

[edit on 26-11-2005 by jsobecky]

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I can hardly wait to see where this goes. If Rove is guilty, Mr. Bush has to do something about the "brains" in this government, I would think.

It won't even take a guilty verdict. An indictment will be enough, imo, for Rove to excuse himself from office until it is settled.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Bush is a felon and that didnt stop him from becoming POTUS so I think any charges against Rove will just bring them closer together.

from syntaxer
Karl Rove is such a traitor, what a scum bag.

Can either of you back this up? Because those are serious allegations.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by df1
I am more than willing to give Rove the presumption of innocent till proven guilty. However if he is convicted it is not merely a crime, it is a crime called TREASON. And at this point the evidence that has come out is quite damning should it prove to be factual.

Treason? Hardly. Look at the definition of the law:

Whoever, as a result of having authorized access to classified information, learns the identify of a covert agent and intentionally discloses any information identifying such covert agent to any individual not authorized to receive classified information, knowing that the information disclosed so identifies such covert agent and that the United States is taking affirmative measures to conceal such covert agent's intelligence relationship to the United States, shall be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.
www.geocities.com...

Punishable by a fine and/or 5 years.
Regardless, Plame did not qualify as covert at this time, so the point is moot.

I'm not even going to address Ted Rall.

from subz
The guy is guilty as sin.

Of what? Certainly not outing a covert CIA operative.

from muzzleflash
and not to mention Laura Bush killed someone while driving drunk
it was proven

from twitchy
No, there's no evidence to suggest Alcahol was involved, but then again, Laura Welsh didn't even get a ticket for so much as "Unsafe Movement" despite the fact she was faulted in the accident, so no telling what happened eh?

muzzleflash, that is a falsehood. twitchy, tell me what a traffic accident that happened approx 40 years ago involving teenagers has to do with Karl Rove or Valerie Plame? Did Rove get the incident hushed up?

I don't think Laura even knew George at the time, so I think it's obvious that this is just a diversion.

Enough for me for now. So many unfounded allegations and outright lies are being flung around, just to see if something sticks. Some of you are not interested in the truth, or justice. You really sound un-informed when you talk trash. So you hate Bush; that's your right. But don't make ATS look like a bunch of goofballs trying to sell half-truths as gospel. Do some research; deny ignorance.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Well I do hate the fact that the Bush family money came from killing Americans during WWII. If that's what you mean?

That kind of do anything for money and power seems to pervade this White House (Chaney running day-day operations for the benefit of cronies) and George Bush not interested in the details.

It must be ok as long as he is assured his cut of the spoils.

I checked my taxes and I'm paying more than before and not making any more money. So Bush is a sham and he should hang his head in shame, but that has no effect on a pathological idiot. Poor Bush.

[edit on 11/27/2005 by bodebliss]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz

Originally posted by zappafan1
One poster wrote "....Bush is a a felon." ... first time I've heard that; may I ask for what?

This is the 1976 Maine police document recording the arrest of George W. Bush for driving under the influence of alcohol. Bush, who was 30 at the time, was popped over the Labor Day weekend near his family's Kennebunkport summer home. Bush pleaded guilty to the misdemeanor DUI charge, paid a $150 fine, and had his driving privileges briefly revoked in the state of Maine. The arrest record card was released November 2 by Kennebunkport police. The Maine Bureau of Motor Vehicles also released this summary of Bush's DUI conviction.

www.thesmokinggun.com...

Where I come from, DUI is a felony. He recklessly endangered the lives of everyone on the road that night. If I could write laws I would class DUI as attempted manslaughter.

"Where you come from"... is irrelevant, as is how you "feel" about any given subject. One should place more belief in the views of those who "think" about something, not how they "feel" about it. A misdemeanor is just that.... not a felony.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
Well I do hate the fact that the Bush family money came from killing Americans during WWII. If that's what you mean?

That kind of do anything for money and power seems to pervade this White House (Chaney running day-day operations for the benefit of cronies) and George Bush not interested in the details.

It must be ok as long as he is assured his cut of the spoils.

I checked my taxes and I'm paying more than before and not making any more money. So Bush is a sham and he should hang his head in shame, but that has no effect on a pathological idiot. Poor Bush.

[edit on 11/27/2005 by bodebliss]

Killed Americans? I believe we were fighting Nazis at the time.

Is your tax increase from federal taxes? What age are you? Do you have any kids? are you a family man? ..... that's where 58% of the tax reductions went.

Hmmmm Bush's grades at Yale were higher than Kerrys.
"... do anything for power"...... were you asleep during the 8 years of ex-president pantload?

Poor you!

[edit on 28-11-2005 by zappafan1]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
"Killed Americans? I believe we were fighting Nazis at the time. "
The Bush family invested in the nazi munitions plants. they invested almost their whole fortune. That should tell you something. The head of the bush family paid hush money to cover his money laundering operation for the nazis. But of course you know nothing of this. Poor you.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join