It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Rove Case May Test Bush Loyalty

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Subz.... There is no "Grandfather Clause" pertaining to drunk driving laws. One must abide by the laws at the time the offense was commited. At the time George was arrested, it was not as felony in that state, and he "hurt" no-one but himself; then he realised he had a problem, admitted it to himself, and did what it took to cure himself of the problem. Chappaquidick Fats, on the other hand, was driving drunk, and commited 2nd Degree Manslaughter... and was charged with nothing.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Where I come from, DUI is a felony. He recklessly endangered the lives of everyone on the road that night. If I could write laws I would class DUI as attempted manslaughter.

Ex post facto laws are expressly forbidden in the United States by the Constitution. GWB is certainly not a felon, and he didn't hurt anyone. He was pulled over because he was driving too slowly, he didn't hit anything or anyone.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
this isnt about politics grady

your trying to escape the issue of treason by saying democrats are just making stuff up

most of us arent democrats grady
some of us are republicans

trust me; we the people will be going after every criminal in every political party
all politicians are the enemy
and we wont rest until they are tried for their crimes and punished accordingly thru due process in court of law

but due to americans like u; we have trouble putting criminals behind bars becuase you will defend them with your life
exactly as u are doing in this thread; your totally defending him

in america you are NOT innocent before proven guilty
if i get caught with pot; i go to jail ok
im GUILTY before proven INNOCENT
thats the hard truth of the matter

now why cant we apply the same rule to a politician?
because hes better than us?
because hes worth more than us?

this isnt about politics; its about TREASON

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
and not to mention Laura Bush killed someone while driving drunk
it was proven

and what happened to her?
Nothing
Exactly our point

This administration is ABOVE THE LAW
and they can DO anything THey WANT!

How american is that?

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Bush to the press, " I will not speak about an ongoing investigation, Ugh, it's an ongoing investigation, he he, I just won't speak about an ongoing investigation, okay? It's an ongoing investigation."

Bush to Rove, " f--- em, don't worry about it".

Rove to Bush, " I'm not, go to bed".

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
but due to americans like u; we have trouble putting criminals behind bars becuase you will defend them with your life
exactly as u are doing in this thread; your totally defending him

Apparently, you don't know who you're talking to, muzzleflash, and you have definitely not read my position on this matter. Go ahead and round up all the traitors. You can start with John Kerry and Jane Fonda.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
GradyPhilpott, got any sources to back up what you said about that guy?

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

What guy?

kazi

Got some sources for that dialog.

[edit on 2005/7/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by Odium

What guy?

Ted Rall.

I did a search, but could not find any proof of what you said on the guy. Granted he has caused some controversy but not treason unless you have some sites/sources that I could not find?

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Ted Rall has ridiculed the sacrifice and patriotism of American soldiers in his columns and his cartoons. That alone is sufficient to make him guilty of providing aid and comfort to the enemy in my book.

www.frontpagemag.com...

www.mediainfo.com...

Google Search

[edit on 2005/7/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
and not to mention Laura Bush killed someone while driving drunk
it was proven

and what happened to her?
Nothing
Exactly our point

There is no evidence that Laura Welch was drunk on the night she had that accident.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
If this miracle brain had anything to do with exposing a CIA operative - adious to him. I have a good idea how important the man was to Bush's religious vot connection to the last election..but that should'nt matter if he exposed an Ambassador's wife as being a CIA agent to the public.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Muzzleflash, first off, Laura Bush did not kill someone while driving drunk, It was discussed here. She was completely sober when she did it, people are trying to create a conspiracy in it that it was premeditated murder, as you'll find out if you read through the post. They are wrong, by the way.

As to not being innocent until proven guilty, you're wrong. If you get caught with pot on you, yeah you're arrested. You see a judge shortly thereafter, where bond is set. You're free to roam unless you're a fllight risk. However, your innocence, despite being caught red handed, is still maintained. When you go to court for the crime, it is not the defense that has to prove the charges wrong, it is the prosecution that has to prove the charges, beyond a shadow of doubt, are true. In the instance you described, this is simple. In the case of Rove, this is much more complex, considering he did not break any law! The special prosecuter is not even investigating Rove anymore, Karl's cooperated with them completely over the past year and a half and they have no reason to believe he committed a crime. Read through my reply and the person who replied two posts before me earlier in this thread if you want to know why this isn't a crime, but the law clearly states it is not.

And Dallas, you're right, and Bush pledged he would remove anyone from his staff who has broken the law on this issue. Karl Rove did not, so he will remain in place. Thankfully, the Bush administration hasn't fired every member of his administration at the demands of Howard Dean, John Kerry, and Al Gore. Look into it, since the election was lost, just about every cabinet member the democrats have demanded the resignation or firing of. There's also attempts to impeach Bush.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Yuk!

The Lady is the one pure thing in the present administration. I feel it's better left that way.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It's funny how some of the most paranoid among us who are the first to cry out saying civil rights are being taken away are the first in line to convict and crucify people without a trial, or even being charged with a crime... :shk:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
There is no evidence that Laura Welch was drunk on the night she had that accident.

No, there's no evidence to suggest Alcahol was involved, but then again, Laura Welsh didn't even get a ticket for so much as "Unsafe Movement" despite the fact she was faulted in the accident, so no telling what happened eh? Most folks ram their car into another vehicle killing the other driver get charged with something, hell failure to yeild, or SOMETHING, yet Laura Welsh walked away from that accident scott free. There is evidence to suggest that she had been knocked up by the boy and then dumped for a good friend of hers, Reagan Gammon, though, and was very upset about it, personally I think she rammed him off the road and killed him, and then local real estate tycoon daddy got her out of trouble for it. Oddly enough she lied about her relationship with the victim, she claimed she wasn't driving the car when the police report says that she was, she lied about it being slick from rain, she smoked pot too. I did a good bit of reading up on this little tidbit, read up on it here... politics.abovetopsecret.com...

EDIT:
I literally abandoned this thread because Astrocreep was basicly threatening my membership over it, apparently talking about Laura Bush is a big no no or something.

Now, just out of curiosity, what does this have to do with Karl Rove breaking the law? Most disturbing for me in regards to this debacle is the circumstances surronding the incident, the woman's husband had just gotten back from Nigeria with proof positive that the Yellow Cake documents were poor fakes, documents which we had just presented to the UN as concrete evidence of Iraq's nuclear ambitions and used them as a justification for an invasion and occupation of Iraq. Normally, Bush would simply pretend he never met you like he did "Kenny Boy' Kenneth Lay, but they can't let Karl go down because of the cirumstances surrounding his little leak. They let Karl go down for this, it's going to remind the American people of little words Yellow Cake and Fake, and they can't have that can they?

[edit on 13-7-2005 by twitchy]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Karl Rove is a Lush Bimbomb look-alike. I bet he talks the same anine bull.

No wonder Bush loves him.

Nothing sticks on the Bush family. Prescott Bush (george's grandfather) was a Nazi lover, supported the Nazis throughout the war, while American men died. Where are all the patriots on this? He made a fortune that supports the Bush family to this day. Where are the reparations for the slave labor that made the Bush fortune? Why don't they have to pay?

Alot of questions in this thread go unanswered. This is not only a conspiracy, it's a long held corruption. It's indecent in it's blatant immoral character. Justice must come to the Bush family plot against civil society.

Just because they are rich (on the blood of American combat soldiers and innocent slaves who were worked to death in Bush invested German arms factories by the way) doesn't make them any better than us.

[edit on 7/13/2005 by bodebliss]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
Nothing sticks on the Bush family. Prescott Bush (george's grandfather) was a Nazi lover, supported the Nazis throughout the war, while American men died. Where are all the patriots on this?
[edit on 7/13/2005 by bodebliss]

You know, I love America. I love the change it created in the old guard monarchies in Europe. America changed the concept of how an individual's worth is gauged. As Major General Chaimberlain said beofer entering the civil war, while he was still a professor, no longer is a man judged by the worth of his father, but on the worth of his actions. America doesn't hold you responsable for the crimes or the hold you up for the prestige of your father. America judges you for you. You are not accountable for your family, you are accountable for yourself and yourself only. It was a needed change in the world, and America's standing in the world as an economic, political, cultural and military superpower today is a testament to that revolutionary mentality.

EDIT: Corrected scale.

[edit on 7-14-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Great, but where's rove amongst your answer? Or did I miss something within your post?

Dallas

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
junglejake, I agree with you for once, American Idealogy seperated us from the ruling classes of Europe.. right up until the industrial revolution when they simply took it right back.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join