It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Rove Case May Test Bush Loyalty

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astronomer68
Twitchy - Your take on the above is pure nonsense. I'm not sure what information you think you read up on, but it is completely erroneous and no doubt more of the same type of gibberish you posted above.

Care to elaborate, disprove, or otherwise respond to any of the specfic information in my post? And I think you mean Libel.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
What specific information might you be referring to?

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astronomer68
What specific information might you be referring to?

Anything in my post which you might be led to believe is " it is completely erroneous and no doubt more of the same type of gibberish you posted". If you will take a look at the link and read the thread I think you find a variety of sources from which I gleaned my information. And I wasn't the first person on this thread to mention Laura, the first mention of Laura the poster seemed to think my information from the other thread was incorrect as well, so as to calling her out, bologna. In other words, I am specificly interested in what you find to be erroneous.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Junglejake,

"If it's the way it was acquired, what does that have to do with Bush jr? He didn't support the Nazis. Yeah, he has money from that support, but so does the Ford motor company. Does that make the Ford company evil, too?"

Ok. You have a valid point, but the fact that the Bush Family got away w/o paying reparations for the use of slave labor to build their fortune has imbued the generations that came after w/ a pride in immoral conduct.

As to your Ford Motor quip, I worked the "line" at Ford and you can bet your hat Ford is evil, in a sticky sweet sort of way. Offering big(by some calculations) money to individuals and then slowly grinding them up on the assembly line.

While I was there, I would listen to the workers talk and a great group they are, but I didn't meet one worker who did not have some permanent injury from working on the assembly line. They are highly skilled industrial athletes, but being athletes there is a high level of atrition in there ranks.

They keep calling, I'm not going back.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Paying reperations would be ex post facto law, meaning a fine would be levied against someone for doing something that was legal at the time. However, I'll tell you what. If you can find one ex-slave out there from before the Civil War, I will personally write George Bush a letter asking him to pay that ex-slave reperations.

As to paying high money but grinding the assembly line workers down, every professional sports team does the exact same thing. They're paid such high amounts of money because of the risk involved in the job. Just like chemical factory workers make more money than toy factory workers but have a higher risk. It's the nature of the industry, not an inherent evil in the company. There are risks involved. For many, the money outweighs the risks. For the others, like yourself, they leave.

EDIT
On the plus note, I didn't have to include your name because you're the only one to respond to any of my points

[edit on 7-14-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I was thinking more of the slaves who died or nearly died in the Arms factories that Prescott Bush invested in . The Swiss banks and German government paid reparations.

Have you ever thought about coming over to Ignorance Denied?

We could use all the thoughtful people we can get.

[edit on 7/15/2005 by bodebliss]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I was thinking more of the slaves who died or nearly died in the Arms factories that Prescott Bush invested in .

Again, that would be ex post facto; it was not against the law. On top of that, you're calling for Bush jr to pay for his grandfather's mistakes, and the US doesn't work like that. Europe still has, to a degree, a birth right society (not nearly so much now, though), so it's understandable that two european countries would pay for mistakes of their fathers. At the same not, you're saying George Bush personally should be held accountable and behave in the same way two countries behaved in the past. hehe It's trite, but I'm gonna say it anyway: No man is an island.

As to ignorance denied, quite honestly, no. Haven't really paid any attention to those tabs up there except occasionally to get to ATSNN.I'll try to check it out. After all, it's not like I can help giving folks a piece of my mind when I read something that needs addressing

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Junglejake,

You should definately wander over to Ignorance Denied you'd find it's quite diff from ATS.

Oh and like always the republican Rove is trying to lie his way out this.

[edit on 7/16/2005 by bodebliss]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Yes its getting increasingly apparent that Bush will lose this lie and resign and Rove will take over. Then Rove will hire Bush to head Homeland Security..

Dallas

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
There's always an angle for them.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas

Yes its getting increasingly apparent that Bush will lose this lie and resign and Rove will take over. Then Rove will hire Bush to head Homeland Security..

Dallas

No offense, Dallas, but when I read this my stomach got a better workout than it does doing 100 situps. Was this a joke? It's hard to tell if you were being serious or not. Lemme know

bodebliss, how do you see him lying his way out of this? I only ask because I don't see it, but that doesn't mean it's not there. Shed the light for us!
Just be warned that, if I don't agree, I'll say so

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
ok, Rove went public w/ the line he learned all about the cia leak from a reporter.

And I expect part 2 of your message.

[edit on 7/17/2005 by bodebliss]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
ok, Rove went public w/ the line he learned all about the cia leak from a reporter.

And I expect part 2 of your message.
[edit on 7/17/2005 by bodebliss]

Here it is.
How is that a lie?

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Time will tell....time will tell....

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Yes.. of course it was a joke my fellow member.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
Time will tell....time will tell....

heh, so you're going to say that Rove lied, point out how you think he did while demanding a resoinse from me, but you're not going to qualify your reasoning? There must be some reason you believe he lied beyond hatrid for the Bush administration. There has to be some logical reasoning going on in your mind that caused you to come to that conclusion. What was it? Share, I can't agree or disagree unless I know why. If you just say, "he lied", I have no reason to believe you're not just sticking with party talking points and not coming up with your own assessment. You're at ATS, though, so I give you the benefit of the doubt. You're looking to discover that which you do not know, or you wouldn't be at this site. Because of that, I have to assume you reasoned that yourself based on information you've read or seen. Share that reasoning with me! (not a link, what you think)

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Oh don't take the man so seriously JJ. Rove will go as soon or sooner that his stupidity is blown outright as true. Of course the senate wants his security clearances removed if found guilty. Seems to me that polical death for Rove anyway - yes?

Dallas

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
It's like this junglejake,

If Rove had really found out from a reporter wouldn't that have been the first words he spoke to the public. Are we to believe that wouldn't be the first words you'd speak if this were the truth.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
A valid point, but I'm not sure. If I may, I'd like to use a metaphor for this.

You're a doctor. You have a patient who has a problem, and you think you know exactly what the problem is. You talked with some Joe Somebody, just a regualar guy like you or me, and they told him about this cutting edge treatement. You use that treatment on the patient you're treating, and it completely saves their lieves. Suddenly the press gets wind of this, and they ask you how you came up with the idea. This being your practive and your livelyhood, you're going to talk about the ideas behind it, what technology and research helped develop the idea, etc. You'll be totally honest; all of that really was done and that's how your friend found out. But you're not going to say, unless they really press and discover the background, that someone with very little medical knoledge told you how to treat your patient. I see this as how Rove treated it. He's expected to know what's what in Washington, and as I said Plame was known as a CIA desk worker in Washington. If he did get his info from a reporter, he's going to minimize that and capitolize on his knowledge of government. That's his job, after all.

That's just how I see it. You make a great point. I just think that Rove is more human than people expect. He has pride, he has foibles. He's just like you and me, he just went into politics and happened to be good at it. That's where the pride comes in. I'm sure there's things that you know really well and would be hesitant to share if soimeone you know but see as an adversary gave you information that was obvious but you didn't know.

Edit: Oh, and you can call me JJ
save ya some typin' time

[edit on 7-17-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   
"beyond hatrid for the Bush administration"

It's hard to get past Prescott Bush's avowed 5th columnist for the nazis and little George growing up w/ grandad's constant grieving about missing his chance to be dictator of Texas.

and George Bush closet nazi trying to rid the world of the middle class w/ Rove's plan on how to do it in hand. All hand-in-hand w/ the anti-american religious right. It don't scare me that they are weakening our ability to stand in this world(all for personal gain). Rove(5th columnist) being the mastermind of this sabotage of America .

Oh no, everything is fine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join