It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Logic of Suicide Terrorism: It’s the Occupation, not the Fundamentalism

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Yes but if you call them D E M O C R A T I C Elections - and they are not, why do you call them Democratic anyway?

You are going further and further away from my point, I said there was an election, I never said anything else about it.

Whats DPM?

Disruptive material pattern.

Hmmm - are you Protecting your Allies - Americans and their Torture Camps?

I am stateing a fact.

Is War in Iraq "Your War" then?

Yes it was because the info we had meant that he threatened us AKA OUR WAR.

And why is "War in Sudan" Not?

Is it affecting us?

Well, watching the World Today and what is going on in Your Country, I think that Blar and his Buddy Bush will be going Togather Forever...

Realy?
Then you have a closed view of the world.

Oil Flows I guess it Wont...

No as long as there are troops there it wont.

Finish rest after cadets.

Costing Who?

Me and my fellow citizens.

The WarProfiteers?

You have dragged me back to this point, stop it.

They Get Money in Wars and Wars dont Cost them Anything.

Thats uncontrolable.

Not Just UK - the Entire Planet is.

Then your wrong.

You dont like Sweden - you dont like Snow?

Well frankly being allies with a neutral country who wouldnt be able to defend us nor would defend us.

Well if you sleep better - you were Misinformed.

I slept fine and would sleep fine if I was lied to or decieved, it happens, what we do to change that defines how I sleep.

But the Truth is that We Were ALL Deceived - and still ARE!

Decieved?
Into believing what?
They simply provided the facts, WE made the threat.

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
You are going further and further away from my point, I said there was an election, I never said anything else about it.

Ok Fine - lets leave it here then.

Yes it was because the info we had meant that he threatened us AKA OUR WAR.

Bad Info Again?

And why is "War in Sudan" Not?

Is it affecting us?

Who is US?

Us - the British?

Or Us - the People of this Planet?

And YES it is Affecting US ALL - too bad not many people see us all as One Nation in Different Colors.

Realy?
Then you have a closed view of the world.

Maybe in Your Opinion I have a Closed View.

But thats MY View and YOUR Opinion.

They Get Money in Wars and Wars dont Cost them Anything.

Thats uncontrolable.

Think So?

You do think its WRONG or anything?

Not Just UK - the Entire Planet is.

Then your wrong.

Might be Right might be Wrong.

I slept fine and would sleep fine if I was lied to or decieved, it happens, what we do to change that defines how I sleep.

It was just an Expression - meaning if it makes you Satisfied, go ahead, think that you were "Misinformed" and not Deceived.

Decieved?
Into believing what?
They simply provided the facts, WE made the threat.

Facts?

You mean to say LIES like Saddam is Connected to Al-Qaeda and that he has WMD's and Crap like that?

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Bad Info Again?

Exagerratted info actually.

Who is US?

Us - the British?

The british.

Or Us - the People of this Planet?

Does it interfere with our lives?
No, I might not like that view but I am afriad if that keeps our soldiers alive then I'll stick by it.

And YES it is Affecting US ALL - too bad not many people see us all as One Nation in Different Colors.

We are not one nation, it is not affecting us all...you wish it did but it doesnt.

Maybe in Your Opinion I have a Closed View.

But thats MY View and YOUR Opinion.

Its not an opinion its fact.

Think So?

You do think its WRONG or anything?

I never said it was wrong or bad, there will always be profiters in war, we cant change that.

Might be Right might be Wrong.

No your wrong.

It was just an Expression - meaning if it makes you Satisfied, go ahead, think that you were "Misinformed" and not Deceived.

Does it make me satisfied that people changed the information to suite there needs? No.
Was I lied to?
Yes and no.

Facts?

Yes facts.

You mean to say LIES like Saddam is Connected to Al-Qaeda and that he has WMD's and Crap like that?

He had WMD's BUT they where in the process of being destroyed and he was developing missiles outside his allowed range.
I cant comment on the terrorist front since I have no info there...

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
How very sad.
Islam itself condemns it, and yet, some within this very thread give that no value or consideration. You may vigorously condemn the actions of the US and the Coalition in going to war with Iraq, but do condone the use of suicide terrorist acts, it speaks volumes for your ethical hypocritical stances.

Yes is is sad. But what is sadder is the numbers of people here who think that all the lies, outright meddling in democratic processes, invasions, overthrows of governments and assassinations of leaders by western nations (namely the U.S. and Britain) overe time, and especially since WWII are all good and justified. No one seems willing to dissect recent history and really understand what happened and why.

From where I sit, all of these activities have resulted in the terrible situation we see today. Why are so few people willing to admit that it was the actions of these western governments, in the past and today, in the name of greed and of powermongering and of oil that have driven these people to retaliate.

If you keep smacking someone down, do you not ever expect to be smacked right back?

Sad. Indeed.

Souljah - this is an excellent post. Well done. I'm all out of votes for the month, but will come back and vote you WAY UP on August 1.

[edit on 27/7/05 by AlwaysLearning]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
That article was great. big ups to souljah for posting it. i think that this whole gureilla attitude that the u.s. is currently attuned to is revolting. thinking that staying in the middle east is going to make the situation better is ridiculous. saying that the people in the middle east are 'jealous' of our way of life in the west, and they'll attack us no matter what is absolutley foolish. the lifestyle in mostmiddle eastern nations is very comparable to ours. they have their upper, middle, and lower class, they have cities, they have currency. the people of bahgdad dont live in clay huts, they live in houses much the same as ours. granted, saddam was an extremley corrupt and out of control dictator but this corruption was allowed for countless years by the united states government. if they actually wanted to 'end this evil mans rain' then they would have acted the exact moment he gased the kurds. also if they are sooo jealous of our way of life why do you not here of terrorist attacks happening in canada? i live in toronto, and i would say that the canadian 'way of life' is much better than the states, but we dont seem to be getting attacked. the reason why is cause nobody cares about canada, and im proud to say that. we did intervene in afghanistan and we may be attacked for that, but we took that responsibilty when we got involved. other than that we dont go messing around with other peoples business.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysLearning
Souljah - this is an excellent post. Well done. I'm all out of votes for the month, but will come back and vote you WAY UP on August 1.

Thank You!

Glad You Enjoyed it and Thank You For all the Imput on this Post!

PEACE

[edit on 28/7/05 by Souljah]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

From where I sit, all of these activities have resulted in the terrible situation we see today. Why are so few people willing to admit that it was the actions of these western governments, in the past and today, in the name of greed and of powermongering and of oil that have driven these people to retaliate.

Amazes me to see such one sighted drivel. You preach on history, yet ignorant of history yourself. Let's focus on two nations, the U.S. and Britain, and forget of all the atrocities committed. Let's forget about Albania, Rwanda, East Germany, tiananmen square, Afghanistan, and Bosnia. Lets forget that Mao is responsible for about 10 million deaths. How about the Congo? I suppose the U.S. and Britian are repsonsible for all of this, rather than providing medical aid and food?

What was once a cold war against the spread of communism is now an open war with Islam, oops, terrorists, and the whole world is going to get a piece of it. Islam will be exploited and so will the U.S. by everyone feeding off the cake of war. It doesn't end pal, it goes further than humanity, and government. Once you understnd that then you'll see clearly.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Suicide shows a detachment from immediate reality that surrounds us.

If we find life satisfactory, good, promising, or at least our duty to live we forget how misery can detach one from any need/desire to live.

Often suicide is some attempt to inflict on our presumed offenders.
People's minds are amazingly flexible in attaching personal misery to some external person, group or institution, often where there is little or no direct connection.

If you can add to infliction of pain on presumed enemies a guarantee of religious zealot glory and ascendence to paradise, Suicide bombing takes on a certain seductive glamour for people who live in and surrounded by misery.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
It is difficult to see how the good Dr. could reach his conclusions since the majority of suicide attacks, by his own admission, are first time events with no survivor to interview. If one followed the data, one would have to say the reasons behind the overwhelming majority of suicide attacks are unknown. Further, to publish conclusions not supported by the data is intellectually unethical.

[edit on 29-7-2005 by Astronomer68]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Actually there have been survivors. If you want to know how a suicide bombers brain ticks, have an interview with Richard Reid. I doubt you'll be impressed.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by vincere7
Actually there have been survivors. If you want to know how a suicide bombers brain ticks, have an interview with Richard Reid. I doubt you'll be impressed.

I don't particularly desire to know how a suicide attackers brain works. I was merely pointing out the obvious discrepancy of the study cited.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   

What was once a cold war against the spread of communism is now an open war with Islam, oops, terrorists, and the whole world is going to get a piece of it.

Correctumondo!

And Why is that?

What does Cold War and War on Terror Have Incommon?

You Guessed it:

CRAZY NEO-CONS That want to Rule the World with Military Supremacy, Fear and Constant Nuclear Threats.

World Peace?

Or World in Pieces?

You Decide!

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   

... will come back and vote you WAY UP on August 1.

Thank You!

Glad You Enjoyed it and Thank You For all the Imput on this Post!

PEACE

You have voted Souljah for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

What would you do if America were invaded?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Amazes me to see such one sighted drivel. You preach on history, yet ignorant of history yourself. Let's focus on two nations, the U.S. and Britain, and forget of all the atrocities committed. Let's forget about Albania, Rwanda, East Germany, tiananmen square, Afghanistan, and Bosnia. Lets forget that Mao is responsible for about 10 million deaths. How about the Congo? I suppose the U.S. and Britian are repsonsible for all of this, rather than providing medical aid and food?

What was once a cold war against the spread of communism is now an open war with Islam, oops, terrorists, and the whole world is going to get a piece of it. Islam will be exploited and so will the U.S. by everyone feeding off the cake of war. It doesn't end pal, it goes further than humanity, and government. Once you understnd that then you'll see clearly.

Amazing to me how you neocon supporters of unjustified invasions, lingering occupations and resulting atrocities in sovereign nations always change the subject. I suggest that you, my friend, take a good, hard look at your history -the one that doesn't get taught in schools or reported in the mainstream media...

Drivel, indeed

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   

You have voted Souljah for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

What would you do if America were invaded?

Thank You!

And a Great Article You have Found!

The more stuff Chuck blows up, the louder we applaud. After all, he ain't no terrorist--he's a freedom fighter, albeit a poorly-directed one clumsily reading incredibly stupid lines.

Nice.

[edit on 4/8/05 by Souljah]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I thought it oh so a propos! What would anyone do if the tables were turned on them? Fight like hell, that's what! Right or wrong, we'd all fight to the death! And that's exactly what's happening in Iraq today and for a long time to come. Until the occupiers get the hell out of their country....which of course, they never will because they have a bigger purpose for being there.

Sad so many can't see the forest for the trees.
Its much easier and more self-serving to judge and call them barbarians then to try and understand why.

[edit on 4/8/05 by AlwaysLearning]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
»The Logic of Suicide Terrorism: It’s the Occupation, not the Fundamentalism»

really?

TERRORISM IN EGYPT:

No doubt the most recent bombing in Sharm el-Sheikh was in retaliation for Egypt sending troops to Afghanistan and Iraq.

Oh wait... Egypt didn't send any troops to Afghanistan and Iraq.

So it must be in retaliation for Egypt's occupation of ...

oh, sorry, Egypt isn't occupying any disputed territory.

Then it must be because ... well, it must be for something.

Surely it's Egypt's fault that it was attacked. Egyptians must be asking themselves: Why do they hate us?

And surely, Egypt needs to change its foreign policies so they are more in line with ... well, with whatever al-Qaeda and other Islamist terrorist groups dictate. [....]
defenddemocracy.org

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riwka
So it must be in retaliation for Egypt's occupation of ...

If you notice, the places bombed are almost always tourist areas. I don't think that's a coincedence.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Souljah says:

I dont BUY it. Which makes my entire View of this Situation alot Different from Yours.

That's why the rest of you folks are wasting your time arguing with this Souljah character.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join