It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I pledge alegience to the flag of...Texas?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Love the Texas jokes, pretty funny some of them, but the truth is the economy in Texas is currently booming.
Don't ask me how or why but it is.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Here ya go.. it is actually quite understandable why

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

So it's safe to say that Tejas is currently carrying the rest of the country.
"How 'bout them Texans?"

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I would think it was more than safe to say
.... So proud to be a Texan
Couldn't have been born, raised, and settled in a better state

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Yeah,no kidding.I read an issue of the chronicle here in austin a couple of months ago by that pinhead Lewis Black about the issue of Austinites complaining about how much it is changing here.He managed to piss me off again with that one.He said it is a good thing.I still remember 7 years ago when it was a cheap place to live.If I wasn't going to A.C.C.,I would find another place to live.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mycroft

A new law requires students to recite the pledge to the Texas flag and observe a moment of silence. Supporters say it helps promote patriotism and build character, but some critics argue that the new state measure violates the First Amendment. They also note the requirement will stretch already thin budgets because a Texas flag must be present in every classroom.

www.chron.com...

My opinion, Texas takes itself way too seriously. I know they really want to become their own nation, but do they have to be so obvious about it?

Texas should take itself seriously; we have many natural resourses and refineries. When the theives begin demanding Texas pay tribute in oil, coal ,or natural gas Texas should reassert it's rights as a Republic.

All other States need to reassert their rights particularly, Utah, which has huge coal deposits. If Utah is allowed to keep the profits ,from deriving oil from shale California will have much lower fuel prices. It is our best hope that all of the states reassert themselves against those who have high jacked the federal government. If the states do not reassert their rights, Americans will be stripped of their natural resources.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by eradown]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I love Ron White when he says that most states are trying to abolish the death penalty and Texas is putting in an express lane...

GO TEXAS!

I am a transplanted Texan forced to live in another state...

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mycroft
My opinion, Texas takes itself way too seriously. I know they really want to become their own nation, but do they have to be so obvious about it?

A few months ago I started what I thought would be a humorous thread about kicking Texas out of the Union:

Time For Texas To Be Kicked Out: Good Riddance!

I meant it to be a joke, kind of pompous, but a thought provoking thread. I am now on the ignore list of 2/3rds of the ATS members from Texas. (Know what? I really don't care.)

I grew up in Texas, and even attended UT for a few years. There isn't anything wrong with Texas -- more than Florida or California, that is. I actually like the state.

But you are being accurate when you say that many Texans take themselves way too seriously.

I was surprised at how belligerent Texans are about their state, and how vehemently they defend themselves. Take a look at some of the responses in that thread. I think there are some Texans who would hang me if they could find me. Or at least beat me senseless. Really. Not funny.

Texas -- It is just an artificial construct, folks. You can identify yourself with anything, I guess. No need to be so defensive about something so silly.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Buck Division

Perhaps you should study your history a bit more to understand why. Namely what the real reason the civil war was fought for. While I by no means am saying Texas is perfect, other states could due to take some lessons from us.

Namely it is illegal for the State to go in debt.

We are about to one of the biggest wind farms in the world on our power grid that will cover a very significant portion of our power usage.

Right now because of our balanced budget and our economy is booming we might be better off succeeding from the Union and leaving the rest of US to it's own demise with the Federal Reserve.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
American by birth

Texan by the grace of God

Redneck by choice

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I think that is one of the problems with the country now. Nobody believes in or has loyalty to anything anymore. I see no problem with someone being proud of the state that they live in. I think it's funny cutting up with these folks on here and I don't really care about the jokes but I sure won't tell someone that it is silly to be proud of their state or country.

Loyalty only to self is sure destruction of society.

ON another note, Man this is an old thread. How the heck did it pop up again?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
Dude, your momma needs to take a switch to your arse for what you have said here. You should be proud. Obviously you are a trouble maker and pay little attention in school as is evidenced by the wording of your post.

I think you should be booted out for your lack of understanding what it is that makes this state great. I agree this state is not suited for anyone who has nothing better to do but complain about their plight in life.

...Yeah, this basically sums up the problem.

My advice? Start paying attention in school as well as educating yourself on the reasons why you are blessed to be in this state as opposed to another. When you REALLY understand through educating yourself, you no doubt will shut your yap and be thankful for the advantages this state offers its citizens.

...And
this.

The only people who complain about this state are those who are not well informed and/or those who hate taking personal responsibility for their own life.

...Yeah.

So we have a Texan here defending Texas by...suggesting that a child should be beaten by his mother for not loving his state and believing that he should have the freedom not to recite a pledge he doesn't want to. And that the only people who don't love it aren't well informed.

I thought we weren't supposed to see Texans as retarded? I know they're not all like this...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
remember Jericho??

eeeh?? nudge nudge winkk wink saay no more!... eeh??

-

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedy_sid
if texas becomes its own nation wil GWB have to resign from office since he will no longer be considered born in the USA?
George W. Bush was born in Connecticut.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar

Perhaps you should study your history a bit more to understand why. Namely what the real reason the civil war was fought for. While I by no means am saying Texas is perfect, other states could due to take some lessons from us.

Namely it is illegal for the State to go in debt.

We are about to one of the biggest wind farms in the world on our power grid that will cover a very significant portion of our power usage.

Right now because of our balanced budget and our economy is booming we might be better off succeeding from the Union and leaving the rest of US to it's own demise with the Federal Reserve.

Agree 100%

Texas is what the USA was supposed to be.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join