It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I pledge alegience to the flag of...Texas?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d
Does this mean we have to start lobbying politicans like the gays to keep from getting bashed around here.

Yeah,
But if you want to drink from our water fountains, think again texans.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 03:35 PM
link   
If Texas wants to Ceceed from the Union, by all means, do so, with our Blessing! And while your at it, can you take California too, please?

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Hey, without California, there would be no such things as breast implants, liposuction, face lifts....

Anyways, only a few people like Texas. Well, the Texas of today. And it mostly the Mexicans who are glad Texas has very little defense against their invasion.

Well, that all for now, bye bye!

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Can't say I'd cry if California left. They can take their fantastically qualified gubernatorial candidates with them. Only in a freak show like California could Gary Coleman and Larry Flynt run for governor.
In NY in 2002 we had our fair share of nuts run for governor, but they were kept in minor supporting roles, not spotlighted.

As for Texas... the only thing more annoying than the 10 gallon hats is the 100 gallon ego.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Can't say I'd cry if California left. They can take their fantastically qualified gubernatorial candidates with them. Only in a freak show like California could Gary Coleman and Larry Flynt run for governor.
In NY in 2002 we had our fair share of nuts run for governor, but they were kept in minor supporting roles, not spotlighted.

As for Texas... the only thing more annoying than the 10 gallon hats is the 100 gallon ego.

10 Gallon hats.Jesus Christ you have been watching too many westerns.When is the last time any of you lived in Texas?I thought we all lived in America.You'd think by now you people would have learned that just because politicians want something doesn't mean we do.So enough of the insults already.It was funny for about 5 minutes.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
If Texas wants to Ceceed from the Union, by all means, do so, with our Blessing! And while your at it, can you take California too, please?

Florida too.
lmao.
then it will be a-ok...

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Shoot, I don't know about the rest of you, but Texas scares me.

Recently, I had a couple of people in a class from Texas and they said that according to Texas law, a man would not be legally punished for shooting his wife if she was found cheating on him; oh and he could shoot the guy she was cheating on with too (without legal repercussions). Anyone heard of this?

Stories such as these make me wonder what is going on in that state? And it seems to me that my view of reality often difers from those who live in Texas...maybe I'm working from some sterotypes; I don't know, but one thing I know is I am leary about Texas...

-JAH

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

I think the word you are looking for is "secede".And by the way there is no clause that allows us to secede.The only provision Texas received is that we are allowed to divide into 4 states.Or was it 5.Anyway I don't really think you would want us to go,our economy is a big support to the country.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   
... of YOUR PRAISE! TEXAS! It's EVERYTHING you wish was in your state but alas, is not.

Texas, the shining example to the OTHER 49...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   
REMEMBER THE ALAMO!

[Edited on 8-25-2003 by Springer]

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Oh and by the way it is not the mexicans that have caused us any problems here.It was the damn yankees who come here and won't get the hell out!

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   
You gotta get out of Seattle and INTO the SUNSHINE down here in Big D...

It'll fix you right up my brother!

P...
m...

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I know I know, I was just messing around. California on the other hand... /me waves bye bye.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 11:00 AM
link   

REMEMBER THE ALAMO!

Yeah, I remeber the Alamo......when Ozzy pissed on it.

Yes, add Florida and California to the List, while were at it, please take Oregon as well.

No worries about me this Yankee invading Texas....Ive been there, came back, nothing to see, and by the way, what the hell is it with you Texans and briskett? How anyone could eat that crap and stay civilized is beyond me!

No thanks, ill take the nice, dark, damp forests of the Northwest, free of sunshine and smog, with all the hippies in the hills for target practice

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
and isn't the Texas flag the only flag in the Union allowed to fly at the same height as a US flag? (or something like that)

well texas has a cool flag. its a hell of alot better than some of the state flags. espically nebraska's. they we have moutains in our flag. THEIR AINT NO #ING MOUTAINS IN NEBRASKA!

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fury
how do you circumsize a texan?
kick his sister in the jaw.

I hate texas. land of burning smog and ignorant wanna be boss hog cops.

yeah you pretty much summed up the whole state right there bud. good one

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedy_sid
if texas becomes its own nation wil GWB have to resign from office since he will no longer be considered born in the USA?

As a 3rd generation Texan,I am proud to say that Frat daddy george was born up north.The anti-war protests are huge here,and many native Texans were in Crawford telling that mofo to leave.We actually have a proud heritage of dissenters and gadflies that agitate the status quo from here,Jim Hightower and Molly Ivins just to name a few.And to quote Davy Crockett when he was speaking to congress,"Y'all can go to hell,I am going to Texas".

Austin,where I am from,used to be an awesome place to live,now all of the yuppies are here raising every ones rent.So for all of the bigotry I hear spewed towards Texas,it sure does seem that many people don't think enough of what is said to convince them to stay away.As for the flag issue,it makes not one iota of difference which flag they give support to,it is pretty dang communistic to pledge allegiance to the state if you ask me.This has mao and hitler all over it.

[edit on 063131p://5217 by daeoeste]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentMulder320 what? I hate this freaking state, and im one of the only kids at this site who lives in a texas hick town and is forced to say the texas pledge at school, its annoying! Byrd, why is it that you say that most of us texan kids at the schools like the texaspledge? Me and everyone else at my school is simply annoyed of it! Somebody get me out of this state!!!

Dude, your momma needs to take a switch to your arse for what you have said here. You should be proud. Obviously you are a trouble maker and pay little attention in school as is evidenced by the wording of your post.

I think you should be booted out for your lack of understanding what it is that makes this state great. I agree this state is not suited for anyone who has nothing better to do but complain about their plight in life.

My advice? Start paying attention in school as well as educating yourself on the reasons why you are blessed to be in this state as opposed to another. When you REALLY understand through educating yourself, you no doubt will shut your yap and be thankful for the advantages this state offers its citizens.

The only people who complain about this state are those who are not well informed and/or those who hate taking personal responsibility for their own life.

-----------

I haven't read all the replies so if this has been answered already, disregard. Texas is not the only state whose flag can be flown at the same level as the US of A flag, HOWEVER, at some Texas National Guard armories, the Texas flag is the only flag on the pole during the daytime hours.

------------

I am anti pledge of allegiance regardless of the flag for SO many reasons that are valid to me and I rest on my rights as given by the Constitution to not participate. By the way, pledges to these flags were implemented into society much later than most people even realize and they were implemented with a specific agenda in mind that is in opposition to what this country and this state stood for originally.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by daeoeste Austin,where I am from,used to be an awesome place to live,now all of the yuppies are here raising every ones rent.So for all of the bigotry I hear spewed towards Texas,it sure does seem that many people don't think enough of what is said to convince them to stay away.

AGREED! One of the things that really gets under my skin is that now the Hollywood crowd has discovered this town and they are being allowed to come in, pay HUGE amounts of $$ for property that was once freely enjoyed, appreciated, and loved by many generations of austinites.

So, now places that I was taken to by my father who was taken there by his father I cannot share with my children because greedy people were able to set a price on it, which actually cheapened places that were priceless to those of us who actually appreciated it.

Edited to add: and the kicker is that they aren't even here 95% of the time to enjoy the beauty.. they robbed this town, IMO.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by justamomma]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join