It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: "American Hiroshima"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
If a dirty or nuclear bomb were to go off in the US... i have a sneaky suspicion the ensuing selfpity fest and memorial service a year later will completely overshadow any hiroshima day.

You are comparing the rites of rememberence of Americans to that of Japanese. You are comparing two completely different cultures, identities, thought-process, and heritage in oder to arrive at your pre-conluded notion.

Japanes have always been reserved. While not holding lavish celebrations to remember their loss, they do so with just as much vigor within themselves. Americans, however, band together as a unit, and celebrate their loss with each other - together, as one.

Granted, there will be those with self-pity, but as I stated in an earlier post here - by far not the majority of the people.

Your math of comparison between intorverted Japanese vs extroverted Americans is illogical to say the least. If this copmparison of cultural ways makes Americans full of "self-pity" I'de hate to hear what you say of many Arab, African, and other nations' peoples, upon their mourning their losses, considering many of their cultural ways of doing such make American mourning seem as a little girls' tea-party.

Being I don't know your race, I can't tell weather you are a full racist or a cultural bigot [albeit, the two reciprocate each others ideology].

Do you do everything just like your neighbor does? or, oh my god, dare you be different?

Misfit

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I just heard about this (a couple years late) What is going on with it? they got two mini nukes inside the border? If they know that how come they can't find them?

What? HUH?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

Its worldnutdaily, there is no truth in the article. I remember this being debunked back in 2005 on ATS and other forums too.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
If a dirty or nuclear bomb were to go off in the US... i have a sneaky suspicion the ensuing selfpity fest and memorial service a year later will completely overshadow any hiroshima day.

Self pity??

There would be no self pity; you are talking about Americans here. If anything, it would only embolden us even further. Don't you read history?

What country are you from? Let's make sure to add your country onto the nuke retaliation list.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
When I had worked in the news back in 2004 we had covered a story about technology the government is developing in the event of a dirty bomb. We were allowed into a tech room at NORTHCOM where the computer software was explained to us.

This GPS tracking system would monitor and track every federal vehicle, police vehicle, firetruck and ambulance. Also it would monitor the area in the event, depending on wind and other natural elements, this would monitor areas that would be safe and areas that would not be safe.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Think like a terrorist. If you had nukes, would you arbitrarily set them off, or would you make demands?

*IF* I were a Muslim terrorist, I would make some demand like: "Remove all american troops from Islamic lands, and quit sending money to Israel" BEFORE detonating a nuke.

Then, if the demands weren't met, you detonate 1 nuke in a remote location, WITH FOREWARNING. If that doesn't get your demands met, then you start detonating nukes in cities.

To arbitrarily nuke, let's say, 10 cities, just means that you have signed your (and really all muslim countries) death notices.

If there are REASONABLE demands beforehand, then I *MIGHT* believe it was terrorists. If there are no demands, with nukes going off in populated areas, I'd believe rogue elements within our government did it.

"Terrorists" HAVE to know if they start detonating nukes randomly, it's just going to whip americans into a killing frenzy. If they were smart about it, they would make reasonable demands (from their perspective) of "get your troops out of muslim countries", etc.

It would be COUNTER PRODUCTIVE for them to set up random nukes going off. Wouldn't it be wiser to say "Get your troops out of Iraq", ESPECIALLY considering 2/3 of the american populace agree with that?

C'mon, use your heads. Is the advantage going to be 1 nuke going off in a remote desert in Arizona/Utah/Nevada, to show you are serious, or a nuke going off in Downtown LA/New York?

You would have to think that if a group such as "Al Queda" had the means to pull off 9/11, they'd have the means to hire a psychologist versed in how the American public would respond to certain things. A warning, followed by a nuking in a remote location shows you're serious. Mass nuking of cities shows you are just wanting the Muslim countries destroyed via nuclear holocaust. Do you really think those "terrorists" are that stupid?

Interestingly enough, The Protocols of the Elders of Zion (or whatever it is called) talk about the third world war being between the Christians and Muslim countries. Leaving out, for the moment, whether that document was a hoax or real, and who forged it if it isn't real, it's interesting that they seem to have gotten WWIII right so far.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
I add 100€ to that pot :p

I'll up the ante by my entire earnings for the rest of my life...It would be a sure bet that if a nuke goes off in America. It will have been the control structure that sets it off. Screw AQ they're as as real as unicorns.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
If this were true and the plan was carried out then I feel it would only lead many to call for the eradication of the muslim religion as well as an extermination of arabs through out the world. This would be in all essence armmagedon. I pray that this day will never happen as too many people would die.....mostly innocent people and families.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I can't believe you have all missed this:

"In addition, documents captured in Afghanistan show al-Qaida had plans to assemble its own nuclear weapons with fissile material it purchased on the black market. "

-Fissile
-Black

Snoop dog is behind it! damn, I knew it.
fersizzle.

ahhh....
I know.. terrible.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
Think like a terrorist.

This is the difficult part. It's easy for you to say "if I were a terrorist I would do this . . . " but, you are not a terrorist so you don't think like one - honestly. I am not arguing with your logic that nuclear blackmail would probably get a terror group more concessions than destroying a city. I am just pointing out that terrorists don't think like us. Their primary goal may just be to kill as many Americans as possible regardless of the consequences. Remember, they all want to get to paradise and collect their reward. If they believe that reward is based on the number of "infidels" they kill then you can bet they will go for the biggest surprise hit possible.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join