It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: "American Hiroshima"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I hope the american are looking forward to experiencing the recieving end of their wonder weapon.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   
You know, if people like you would spend half as much time trying to make something of yourselves rather than gloating at distant fantasies that your betters may one day fall from glory, perhaps you wouldn't have so much to be jealous of.
Besides, all you're doing is setting yourself up for a huge disappointment.

America- underestimated and loving it since 1776.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Well, I have long said Worldnetdaily is kinda whack, so I am not sold on the credibility of this story either. But if it was true, I am wondering just how effectively 40 nukes could be used against us. Especially if a very careful plan was devised. It would seem to me that:

1) most of these would likely be smaller nukes
2) therefore most would likely be used against civilian targets
3) I could keep the deductive reasoning going, but I am sure as hell not gonna give no one no ideas.

But suffice it to say that carefully placed, the combined effect of 40 nukes at or near the same time could be quite, ahh, alarming. Probably over 5 million dead and 2 or 3 times that many wounded. Martial law country wide. And depending on the US response, the worst could be well yet to come. If China/Russia got involved either because we flattened all of mecca or simply decided to take advantage of a total pandemonium situation in the US, it could and probably would erupt into WW3.

If you really started thinking of clever ways to use 40 nukes in the USA, even smaller ones, there could be some pretty terrifying scenarios. (And if you have one, great, just please keep it to yourself.) I hope this is just another bunch of junk from Worldnetdaily.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   
A lot you seem convinced that if they do have the nukes they won't use them because it doesn't accomplish their goal of converting the world. I just don't see this as the case. These guys are nuts! They cut off people’s heads on TV! They totally freak out if you wipe a booger on their holy book! Granted they are not representative of all Islam, but the ones we need to worry about are capable of anything. We are nothing to them. They don't give a crap about converting us, they want us wiped from the earth.

I also doubt they have 40 nukes, but 1 in their hands is 1 too many for my comfort. If they have them, they will use them. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, they're pretty patient. The more of us they kill, the bigger their reward in the afterlife (or so they think).

I also have to agree that we're not gonna start launching missiles right and left if it does happen. This administration’s done some stupid stuff, but it would still need a reason to bomb another nation. I don't think tit-for-tat works when the bombs blew up on your own soil. It's different when you can track them coming from somewhere else.

[edit on 7/12/2005 by yadboy]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
We also have to remember that a nuclear weapon doesn't last forever. They have to be maintained.

It's anybody's guess what kind of yield a 20-30 year old Russian artillery nuke is going to have after over a decade of unchecked decay. As it is, some of the smaller nukes (such as the American Davy Crocket) could be safely fired from a range of just a couple kilometers or less. We're talking low yield devices with a lot of mileage on them to boot. I wouldn't be shocked if several of any such nuclear stockpile Al Qaida has turned out to be duds.

Then you've got to consider the weakened effect from ground detonation. Still dangerous, but you'd have to be mighty clever to bring down the United States with such an attack. You could hurt the hell out of our ecnomy, and definately tick us off big time, but what do you do for an encore? Meanwhile you can bet your butt that we're going to carve our economic losses out of somebody's corpse in the form of a new invasion.

I don't know why it only hit me now, but depending on the nukes, using these against America could actually be a REALLY bad idea.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
I hope the american are looking forward to experiencing the recieving end of their wonder weapon.

Why would you jokingly say something like that?
Do you bathe in the hopes of death?

The "american" didn't create this damn nuke crap - the government did.
So, the gov does what the people deplore - yet you mock those same people.

Just as some americans that do say "nuke 'em", you need to take some serious inventory of your morality.

Misfit

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
To misfit:

Yeah the comment hasnt exactly whiewashed my karma or anything, nevertheless i cant wait ti hear the out cry if on does go off.

The american self-pity gland will be in overdirve!! Thats what i was really aiming at with my little quip.

On the other hand i know there are good folk over there like your self that deplore the actions of your govt. but sadly ther are more over there that just chant "USA USA USA"... [ /

And again i am looking for the the deaths of individuals but if a nuke did go off in the US i would be lookng at the irony of having their baby coming home to haunt them.

You forget that the US has nuked japan twice with impunity! The only country to do have used the bomb killing 10 of thousands, yet they complain about some 3000 odd individuals who died in the WTC attacks. Somewhat one sided this american pity eh?

Well so is mine ;p

[edit on 12/7/2005 by Corinthas]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Corinthas

Yeah the comment hasnt exactly whiewashed my karma or anything, nevertheless i cant wait ti hear the out cry if on does go off.

But see, you are wishing the to hear the cry of average Joe American due to the deeds of his self-obsessed self-serving war-mongering government. Most Americans alive today were not even born when the nuke was created, nor used.

The american self-pity gland will be in overdirve!! Thats what i was really aiming at with my little quip.

True enuff, that TOO many Americans are full of self-pity. Hell I've read medical journals that claim (and this I believe) many many Americans WISH for bad to happen, in order to cry po'me po'me. But certainly not the majority.

On the other hand i know there are good folk over there like your self that deplore the actions of your govt. but sadly ther are more over there that just chant "USA USA USA"... [ /

EVERY country chants for itself, it's a human nature to do so. Were the world at war with an alien race, the world would be chanting EARTH!! EARTH!!
There are far more here that deplore the government actions than you seem to have a clue to. Hell take the latest poll of Bush, 62% of Americans now are fully against his actions of Office.

And again i am looking for the the deaths of individuals but if a nuke did go off in the US i would be lookng at the irony of having their baby coming home to haunt them.

By the rest of the sentence after the bold, I am assume you mean "not looking".
And yes, HIGHLY ironic this would be. Full circle. Every action has a reaction, the reaction would be it coming back. I'de just as soon it come back NOWHERE !! :=]

You forget that the US has nuked japan twice with impunity! The only country to do have used the bomb killing 10 of thousands, yet they complain about some 3000 odd individuals who died in the WTC attacks. Somewhat one sided this american pity eh?

Nagasaki & Hiroshima I will not forget (of my history). Like you, I call those actions FAR more horrendous than WTC. I watch documentararies of such, and I still see a "justified" slant put on it. I call it a fukking insane slant - perpetuate carnage is all it is doing. "Somewhat one sided" ------ understatement of the millinia. But then, the American government has always been one sided to a degree of fault I don't believe will ever be out-weighed.
But if you look deeper at that aspect, every countries' government is one sided. A government is hardly going to side with the government of another country which is sided for its own self.

Well so is mine ;p

Ya, it's hard to see anothers' perspective, when one has not lived within it.

Misfit

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Hmmm... I would suggest WorldNetdaily make up some believable news instead of this drivel. 1 or 2 nukes is fine, but 40. Yea that is believable.
How did this story even make it to ATSNN.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
you know how this made it here...
TERRORISTS
litterally. this is terrorisim in action

some people are now afraid for their lives because of this news article, they are going to go out of their way to aviod this kind of secnario and to be prepared for it. This article is scary I was scared when I read it for at least 3 hours.

This invokes fear into people and will disrupt their daily live.
wether it be true or happen this art
this article is Terrorisim.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   

If you'll look at the history of nuclear weapons, you'll see that the Americans didn't monopolize nuclear research in it's infancy.

If Germany hadn't been conquered in the Spring of 1945, the Japanese and Germans might have possibly beat us to the punch.

Then, Corinthas, what do you expect of the world situation today if the reverse had happened 60 years ago?

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Generals gathered in their masses,
just like witches at black masses.
Evil minds that plot destruction,
sorcerers of death's construction.
In the fields the bodies burning,
as the war machine keeps turning.
Death and hatred to mankind,
poisoning their brainwashed minds.
Oh lord, yeah!......(.ozzy osborne)
no real point just a cool song

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Thank you!

What piece of swine excrement (need a translation?) you must be to even think that way and what a waste of time to even read the sewage you post - actually wishing for millions of people to be killed just to satisfy your "sense of fair play".

***ignored***

[edit on 7/12/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
One thing that has always puzzled me, anyone who believes in "Karma" must see a Nuclear Weapon being used on America and being fine with it?

And if the cycle will not go around, it must result in the Nation falling apart.

Just something I thought I would mention.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
BTW: You're talking about not underestimating Al-Qaida, but how about we don't put too much credit into them as well? Sure, they're a criminal organization, big deal? They had their entire operation in Afghanistan crushed in a matter of months. Don't seem to strong to me.

Point taken. However, al Qaeda is more fluidic now, with cells operating independently of each other but still follow the ideology of attacking Western, American and Israeli interests with any or all sorts of destructive methods here or there. If a terrorist cell hits a Western hotel in Indonesia and claimed it in the name of al Qaeda, it's not just Osama bin Laden personally approved the attack beforehand - it's just a terrorist cell doing it for the ideology of al Qaeda and Islam.

There are now independent "franchises" of al Qaeda operating around the world, with leadership coming from people who have in the training camps in Afghanistan, the fights in Chechyna, Iraq, the Balkan states, Philippines, East Timor, and Palestine or people having long history of terrorist activities for the past 30 years.

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Either way, even they wouldn't do this. If they did, like I said, the response towards the world, from the U.S., would be unprecedented. You all seem to be putting to much faith in AQ and not enough in the U.S. If the U.S. was nuked with FORTY nukes, the response would be simply incredible. Every nation that had even a thread of connection to a terrorist organization would be simply bombed to hell. Nuked even. They have forty? We have thousands. Begin the destruction. Simple as that.

I questioned the 40 bombs capability. Just a speculation based on unsubstantiated informations from other sources. I think there are people out there like to spread BS information and rumors to cover up the actual information and distract intelligence analysts or journalists with too much junks.

Like finding the right needle in a large haystack.

Originally posted by WeBDeviLNow multiple that by about 10,000 and you'll have the U.S. response to forty nuclear detonations on its' soil. Anything other than that will not happen. With Bush, that kind of destruction would be the end of any nation that has ever dealt with anyone involved. It's really that simple. Politics, foreign relations, and the like would be out the window. Think about it.

That may be a case. It's all depends on how serious terrorist attacks would inflict on the US soil.

I don't appreciate the corinthian's statement about the USA getting the receiving end of the nukes that some like the corinthian believed that we would be richly deserved.
Perhaps there are people who didn't bother to study history carefully that it was the Nazis' drive for nuclear weapons that prompted the US government (coincidentally on Albert Einstein's suggestion) to double efforts on the development of nuclear weapons.

Ironically, the Nazis came very close to pulling it off right before the end of war in Europe, albeit unsuccessfully. Some historians have wondering why Hitler was unwilling to surrender toward the end, given that he believed absolutely in some kind of fate that would somehow turned the war around to Hitler's favor, leading to a suggestion that Hitler was betting on Nazi scientists having a successful achievement with a workable atomic bomb produced at the last minute. Fortunately, that never came to be.

But it would be a great "what if...." piece.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
One thing that has always puzzled me, anyone who believes in "Karma" must see a Nuclear Weapon being used on America and being fine with it?

And if the cycle will not go around, it must result in the Nation falling apart.

Just something I thought I would mention.

that is not the true concept of Karma
to many....it is just a pretty word that means "equal justice"
but in reality it is a concept emeshed in other concepts
Dharma, Karma, and sansari (forgive mispellings) enfold the entire concept...

America can not have a "karma" because it is not "alive"
It can not be reborn due to Dharma as something less than what it was...

oerhaps you were saying that Karma would dictate that people like Bushco and Reagon and many obscure names behind the scenes might earn bad Karma due to there actions and be reincarnated as a sea slug or something...
In that example it would make sense...

if you were speaking in terms of getting the dose of medicine you give...
well, that would actually put America in a pretty good place...
becuase like it as not... America has done great good also...

there is NO excuse for using nukes on a civilian populace...
regardless of a countries history... that is why they call it "history"
japan was a mistake that was made due to a lack of knowledge...
we all know better now.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
My opinion is that killing millions of us citizens is not the solution. The big problem is that the us leaders are corrupted. They have petrol compagnies and other compagnies related to construction and etc... It's simple. They attack themselves, us people fear terrorism, they vote YES to war, us attack and take control (Or try to) and they have petrol. Petrol=$$$ for their petrol compagnies. Why they don't attack the north korea? They REALLY have mass destruction weapons. But no petrol. So they will attack iran or a place with petrol. This mess about the american hyroshima is the new invention of this governement. They only want us citizens to fear and to vote YES and YES. They send poor people to kill poor people. Go in afganisthan, did they attacked the big cities like Dubai? No. They have rich arab allies there. So they attack poor places. The solution for peace in the world is a central governement like the UN but with one leader for each regions. Regions are actually countries. Think about it and stop listening to the tv. It's a # pump. You start it, the # pumps. And it will never stop tu pump. That's all folks. By the way, religion is a reason to fight. Just respect others and they will respect you.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
By the way, us leaders must be arrested and suited in international court because they are criminals. Final.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
A little over a year ago, I did a whole lot of research on so-called suitcase nukes, and posted what I found in the following thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please read through it and analyze my information. They are simply not possible, and not something you should worry about.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
If a dirty or nuclear bomb were to go off in the US... i have a sneaky suspicion the ensuing selfpity fest and memorial service a year later will completely overshadow any hiroshima day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join